Box guarantees.

THEDAZZLERTHEDAZZLER Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Many players are complaining about the guaranteed player after opening a certain amount of boxes. I believe many of us are finding we have to open more boxes to get a player than ever before. Generally a player is pulled on the 11th of twelve boxes or similar to that example. Suggesting that the game makers look into this and try to make it a bit more fair for the players. I would hate to see MORE people stop playing this game. 

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    At first, the pity timer seemed like a great idea in theory but I've noticed lately that I'm not pulling a player until the very last pull. 
  • ReecesReeces Registered Users, Member 122 Posts
    People were crying about the boxes and not getting a players... GLU listened and introduced the pity timer but they also when in and changed the algorithm of the boxes also..What's next?  
    Staying at GOLD in 2020....

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    If you do the math on the Birds box, it’s a binomial with a 7% chance at success (legend or prime). If you did a series of 12 trails (pity is 13), you will fail to pull a legend or prime 42% of the time. It isn’t unlikely that you would perform 12 trials once and not pull a legend or prime. The math does not support the outrage aimed at the pity timer. 
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    @Base15 what's "math"?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    110 boxes this weekend before I finally pulled a legend (carter). Pulled every prime player. Last weekend very similar 100+ boxes before pulling a legend and again pulled every prime player. I’m due for a lucky (early) pull... 😕 next weekend... yeah next weekend 😉🤞
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    110 boxes this weekend before I finally pulled a legend (carter). Pulled every prime player. Last weekend very similar 100+ boxes before pulling a legend and again pulled every prime player. I’m due for a lucky (early) pull... 😕 next weekend... yeah next weekend 😉🤞
    Based on my observation, the pity timer is only adjusted for primes. For example, in today's boxes, when you're counter is at 12/13, box #13 then takes all other options except legends out of the equation and puts primes in their place. Today, legends are at 2%. In the scenario described above, primes would be 98% and legends would stay at 2%.

As @Base15 alluded to, please be considerate of sample size. There are stories all over the map when it comes to pulls, but generally, just the unlucky ones speak up.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • lpoheronlpoheron Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    got him on the 13th box guarantee...can't say I'm disappointed about it lol
    DFBB said:
    Based on my observation, the pity timer is only adjusted for primes. For example, in today's boxes, when you're counter is at 12/13, box #13 then takes all other options except legends out of the equation and puts primes in their place. Today, legends are at 2%. In the scenario described above, primes would be 98% and legends would stay at 2%.

As @Base15 alluded to, please be considerate of sample size. There are stories all over the map when it comes to pulls, but generally, just the unlucky ones speak up.
    @DFBB definitely agree with you as I’m yet to pull a legend from from the pity timer 13th box 20th box whatever it may be. And I’ve probably opened 500 boxes since pity timer was introduced. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Pity Timer #1 and #2.  All theories out the window. 

Dude...I need you to pick my Powerball numbers for tonight.  Please!!!!!!!
    Nice @CanadaCubs! I don’t think the theory was that the pity time didn’t or would never give a legend.. but rather that the 2% chance odds didn’t increase when pity timer is activated.  However im glad to know it can be done 😬! Very lucky pulls! 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2019
    No......people have been crying the pity timer only yields the crappiest prime in the box. Canada just blew that theory out of the water.  
    @bigvivec oooooh ok gotcha. Well I know that’s not true I pull every prime in box almost every weekend and usually a 430 prime from free cvc boxes through the week. Never a legend from pity timer but I know it’s possible now 😉
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I’d say the pity timer is fixed.......... ;)
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Just got this guy.