Options

How In The Heck Do You Folks Just "Cycle Through" WoH HoF? I Don't Blame You For Not Trying To Play

2Next

Comments

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Yeah DFBB is the man. I remembered his advice yesterday, so I spent flipping money last night boosting Carter to 207 to face VB. Only had enough resources to booth both his skills to about 8 though. I'll get them higher. The last time the matchup seemed a little more fair until I loaded the damn bases. LOL
    It's extremely important to be double boosted when the round begins. Whether skills turn on/off, I've noticed a huge discrepancy between those with two active skills to start a round vs those with just one(like woh +risp or man on base). There are a couple of interesting theories. One is that the pitch sequence for the round is determined immediately. Another theory is that the way skills stack with one another, as well as with any gold/video boost, is different for those that start the round vs ones that get turned on/off during the round. For example, a 20/20 bat will show a boost of 44%. If boosted with the 80g, it will show a boost of 73%. It's quite possible that when/if skills turn on during the round, that they don't receive the stacking bonus. 

I know we've said this before, but I wish Glu would be a little more transparent with how skills work (i.e., do they toggle on or off in the middle of WOH rounds).  I leveled Joe Carter to Gold 10, which took all of my LXP, and a fair amount of my PXP for skills, because he was by far my highest rated bat.  In fact, I don't think there is a better righty bat out there, because I haven't seen any 470s with double skills active at the start of 6.10.

But I do have 450 Garvey idling at Silver 2, and he has double LHP skill.  I'm wondering if leveling him was the better bet.  To me, Carter was a must because I was able to use the 30% weekend discount, but he really struggled with Vida before live boost kicked in.  Makes me wonder if, as DFBB says, having both skills active would have been better, even though Garvey is from a ratings perspective a far inferior batter.

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @Metsicans In my experience, if you wanted a closer, Garvey would've been the man. I learned the hard way last year with the Babe(vs rhp/risp) that it's extremely important to have two active skills to start the round.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    Yeah DFBB is the man. I remembered his advice yesterday, so I spent flipping money last night boosting Carter to 207 to face VB. Only had enough resources to booth both his skills to about 8 though. I'll get them higher. The last time the matchup seemed a little more fair until I loaded the damn bases. LOL
    It's extremely important to be double boosted when the round begins. Whether skills turn on/off, I've noticed a huge discrepancy between those with two active skills to start a round vs those with just one(like woh +risp or man on base). There are a couple of interesting theories. One is that the pitch sequence for the round is determined immediately. Another theory is that the way skills stack with one another, as well as with any gold/video boost, is different for those that start the round vs ones that get turned on/off during the round. For example, a 20/20 bat will show a boost of 44%. If boosted with the 80g, it will show a boost of 73%. It's quite possible that when/if skills turn on during the round, that they don't receive the stacking bonus. 

I know we've said this before, but I wish Glu would be a little more transparent with how skills work (i.e., do they toggle on or off in the middle of WOH rounds).  I leveled Joe Carter to Gold 10, which took all of my LXP, and a fair amount of my PXP for skills, because he was by far my highest rated bat.  In fact, I don't think there is a better righty bat out there, because I haven't seen any 470s with double skills active at the start of 6.10.

But I do have 450 Garvey idling at Silver 2, and he has double LHP skill.  I'm wondering if leveling him was the better bet.  To me, Carter was a must because I was able to use the 30% weekend discount, but he really struggled with Vida before live boost kicked in.  Makes me wonder if, as DFBB says, having both skills active would have been better, even though Garvey is from a ratings perspective a far inferior batter.

Just do the math. What garveys hit rating would be with two skills compared to carter at one skill. I managed with mookie with one skill who is  450 against Vida. Wasn't pretty but enough to cycle cap. Going to cap Carter this week and maybe try and get his late innings to 14 or even 16. Should be a decent upgrade over Mookie with one active and at 12. It REALLY makes me wish I didn't trade in Rizzuto. I was like....." I don't need a right hander that high for WOH only "  .....sigh
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah I tried HoF once this week and got to 6.10 but didn't have that right-hand bat with constant double active skills, lost twice and stopped. This prompted me to dust off HoF Edgar keeper whom I left at g10 and brought him to d1. All further bxp winnings will go towards leveling him.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @Metsicans In my experience, if you wanted a closer, Garvey would've been the man. I learned the hard way last year with the Babe(vs rhp/risp) that it's extremely important to have two active skills to start the round.

Yes, I had the same issue with Mantle last year against RHP.  He only had one skill active and was just not effective at all. 

I'll probably acquire field pass and level Garvey at some point.  I just have 80k lxp to find somewhere...