Upgrades

Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts

Are these upgrades important at all?  They are the only ones I haven’t completed at the gold level. 

Next question: will my mild to moderate OCD allow me to move to platinum without completing them?  😁

Comments

• bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    Yes I am in Platinum and doing well.  upgrades 1 and 3 are the only ones at 50 /80 everything else ranges between 20-40
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    @Base15 are you asking about upgrades in general or specifically the "momentum" and "resilience"?  Personally the only upgrades that I even have touched are the ones associated to hitting that would be beneficial for WOH.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I was asking about those two specifically. 
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    I dont know how much those actually help.... for the most part I would feel like I was throwing away blue money compared to what I could be spending it on.
  • bayoubengalbayoubengal Registered Users, Member 981 Posts
    That's the equivalent of 4 tournaments (if upgraded each one once) for me which could yield up to 28-36 bonus games that could get me closer to more gold......
    First, congrats on not being the 1st person to ask this question.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

You can look at this a few times to test your OCD 😎
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I heard upgrades were taken into account in terms of how full they were; as in the team with 35/40 gets an advantage over the team 40/100. 

Even as I write this, I realized I blew through a ton of cash getting all of these full...
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I have both of those at 84(level 85+ costs gold). It's an odd number, but they will stay there till the end of time unless an accidental click occurs. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Which skills do you invest in DFBB?  
    These are mine......batting big 4 and pitching big 4.....rest are at 40/80.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @bigvivec Are you hanging out in plat for a while or going diamond? You've been there about a month now right?
    @bigvivec Big four for woh are 100; pitch coach, pitch call, and base coach are 90; the rest are 84s.
    edited August 2019
    Thanks dfbb

@dusty....was going to go straight through but went on vacation, then got a new phone and was unable to connect due to various issues for another two weeks meaning I’ve been plat about 10 active days now since 30 June so I fell behind my pace and now am watching to see what happens in the game before moving.....I have no resources but I’d cycle capping is still viable I’ll make the move soon. 

• nickname9999nickname9999 Registered Users, Member 46 Posts
    edited September 2019
    DFBB said:
    @bigvivec Big four for woh are 100; pitch coach, pitch call, and base coach are 90; the rest are 84s.
    So you paid the gold to get the hitting upgrades to 100? I’m at 84 and 86 for hitting coach and trainer. Does it keep going up in gold? Which it would switch to evo.
    DFBB said:
    So you paid the gold to get the hitting upgrades to 100? I’m at 84 and 86 for hitting coach and trainer. Does it keep going up in gold? Which it would switch to evo.
    If you get them while they're on sale, it's about 49.5k gold to go from 84-100. 
    That saddens me...are you doing better in cvc and woh now that they are capped?
    That saddens me...are you doing better in cvc and woh now that they are capped?
    My sims are awful, but I can manually bat for a very long time. I'm not sure how much they help, but I'm confident that they help. 
    Same here. I have my roster capped with 350 guys and 2 primes at 382/400. Skills from 8-10. Upgrades around the 84 mark for all major hitting ones...still horrible sims
    @nickname9999 Sorry, I forgot to address WoH. I'm not certain how much it helps there. Compared to others, I seem to have really good results but I always heavily invest in my skills. IMO, investing in player skills is much more important.
    And a possible strategy would be to load up on an entire roster of righties or lefties that have the matching lhp/rhp skill so that you could get perfect matchups a few times per cvc/clash round
    And a possible strategy would be to load up on an entire roster of righties or lefties that have the matching lhp/rhp skill so that you could get perfect matchups a few times per cvc/clash round
    I'm one righty 1b bat away from doing just that! I've been working on a cvc platoon for both rightys and leftys.