I hate goodbyes

CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
Decided to quit today. Gonna play some other game. Just not this one. Y’all know I’m not a complainer, so I’m not gonna start now. Simply felt Glu did nothing to keep me engaged. Woh Monday just isn’t enough...

regards,
Chris
Prev13

Comments

• slafrance2slafrance2 629 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Hey man sad to see you go. 
    Swing or no swing you're missing that curveball.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols 2,514 PostsRegistered Users, Member

Just me in my world of enemies.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon 847 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Wow... so many quitting. Good luck @CanadaCubs
    Wake up glu! 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 1,594 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    edited September 19
    @CanadaCubs cant blame you my friend. Its been months and months of the same shit in this game and there is now indiciation its going to improve. But wait, they will drop ATGs at the end of the month and get everyone hooked again. Theres a reason why so many of games best players have decided to quit playing this year. This company is run by "monkeys" who can't even run a successful app for its paying customers. Not knocking any  F2P players  but they dont have the same skin in the game as people who spend money on the app. Take it however you want but @CanadaCubs is a smart man. Everyone that I know that has walked away and deleted this POS game have never  been happier. Maybe the "VIP Council" members could report back to their overlords and provide some actual feedback for a change but I wouldnt hold my breath. Be well @CanadaCubs.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • navyjack77navyjack77 654 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @CanadaCubs Take care of yourself, Chris. You’ve been a solid contributor to the forum and have always been willing to help others. Let us know how life is going from time to time. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs 1,489 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @dkarski87 you nailed it dead on. The problem (like you explained in other threads) lies in what transpired in SF at VIP council. I was hopeful that Glu TSB would have addressed the major concerns surrounding this game. Instead, it was a deliberate PR stunt. Myself, like many, saw the lack of transparency within the game. I don’t particularly care about money spent, but to continue to spend in a company that doesn’t remotely value any relationship to its players, is beyond me. @DFBB, I respect you...but I believe you were used...
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 407 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Good luck, @CanadaCubs! Wish you the best!
  • whammo911whammo911 704 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Totally agree with ya Canada, the only improvement they made was autoplay to end, and while field pass is good deal, that option should be their with or without it.. I deleted earlier today too, time and money invested into the game just hasn’t panned out for me enjoyment wise. Good luck to you guys still playing, and thanks for all the help..especially Houmy and DFBB..
  • DFBBDFBB 3,906 PostsRegistered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator
    @dkarski87 you nailed it dead on. The problem (like you explained in other threads) lies in what transpired in SF at VIP council. I was hopeful that Glu TSB would have addressed the major concerns surrounding this game. Instead, it was a deliberate PR stunt. Myself, like many, saw the lack of transparency within the game. I don’t particularly care about money spent, but to continue to spend in a company that doesn’t remotely value any relationship to its players, is beyond me. @DFBB, I respect you...but I believe you were used...
    I disagree with your assessment of things, but I respect your opinion. You've been a great contributor to the forums and in particular, I thoroughly enjoyed the humor you provided on a daily basis. 
    We can go back and forth on a few things, but at the end of the day, if it's not fun then it's not fun. I wish you nothing but the best and selfishly, I hope this really isn't goodbye. I know I'm not alone when I say this and it bears repeating, but your humor will be missed.

Success and failure are merely two sides of the same coin.
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 94 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @CanadaCubs I can't compete with any of y'al on here  but the forums are were I learn alot about the game that I've grown to love and u Retired p ,dfbb,..  etc are among them that sucks to c u go . Not that this game is real life or anything I get that but dude your a HOFmer in my book.... 

dude your a HOFmer in my book.... 

You're damn right he is. Hall of Fame in my heart- tsb department- sticker goat. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 1,594 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Lets be clear @DFBB . If this was a legit "VIP Council" and I use that term very loosely because you may not share the same view, but it was a gimmick plain and simple. And this just isn't for this year,  when you have known loaders on the "VIP Council" from last year its really more of a gag then anything.  Do you have any sort of meetings or feedback  sessions where they listen to your inout on ways to make the game better for its users? No, your sit down in SF doesn't not count because that's was the whole point of the visit, to put on a show. Lets listen to what they have to say, make it look good and let them report back to the masses that it was a giant success.  Have they addressed the 100s of broken things within the app or a timeline when/if/how they might be fixed? No, like you said many times already. They are already planning for the 2020 app and dont really care about what does on.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    @CanadaCubs I can't compete with any of y'al on here  but the forums are were I learn alot about the game that I've grown to love and u Retired p ,dfbb,..  etc are among them that sucks to c u go . Not that this game is real life or anything I get that but dude your a HOFmer in my book.... 

FWIW, these forums are what made me truly appreciate the game. There is a wealth of knowledge that is at your finger tips here.  
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 94 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Word
    DFBB said:
    I disagree with your assessment of things, but I respect your opinion. You've been a great contributor to the forums and in particular, I thoroughly enjoyed the humor you provided on a daily basis. 
    We can go back and forth on a few things, but at the end of the day, if it's not fun then it's not fun. I wish you nothing but the best and selfishly, I hope this really isn't goodbye. I know I'm not alone when I say this and it bears repeating, but your humor will be missed.

Alex... first things first... you essentially made this game for me. Honestly, without your posts last year, I would’ve quit. 

Im not here to argue my reasoning to leave. In fact, the only reason I’ve stayed is because of the friends I’ve made. I spend what I spend, I do it when I want to. I’ve loved this game since I picked it up.  In the last few weeks I’ve witnessed obscene amounts of cheating and manipulating within their game. I’m done chasing resources. That’s simply not fun.  The game is filled with glitches, and they get refused to be corrected.  Ya... I love stickers. Why? Because that is the only thing they have executed on.  
    dkarski87 said:
    Lets be clear @DFBB . If this was a legit "VIP Council" and I use that term very loosely because you may not share the same view, but it was a gimmick plain and simple. And this just isn't for this year,  when you have known loaders on the "VIP Council" from last year its really more of a gag then anything.  Do you have any sort of meetings or feedback  sessions where they listen to your inout on ways to make the game better for its users? No, your sit down in SF doesn't not count because that's was the whole point of the visit, to put on a show. Lets listen to what they have to say, make it look good and let them report back to the masses that it was a giant success.  Have they addressed the 100s of broken things within the app or a timeline when/if/how they might be fixed? No, like you said many times already. They are already planning for the 2020 app and dont really care about what does on.
    David, I believe we are in the same mindset of this years’ game. Honestly guys, look at last years council members...  I don’t need to name names, but they were legitimate cheaters.  I’m not oblivious to it, nor do I care... it’s simply how games are. But to be optimistic about updates and improvements... not happening. Execute first, then talk about improvement. 
  • buddydavebuddydave 136 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Are you sure you wanna leave now? I heard there were some real hot stickers coming out soon...
  • DFBBDFBB 3,906 PostsRegistered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator
    @CanadaCubs Dang. Are you saying that I haven't posted enough this year?? Fine, I'll check out that sandwich thingamajig that y'all keep posting in....

In all seriousness though, I do understand. The game is great, but without the guys, it's 'just' another game. To your point, the whole cheating thing certainly touches a nerve. I'm extremely competitive, but the tsb landscape has forced me to stay in my lane, so to speak. Awhile back, I was asked what I want out of tsb: Do I want to win or do I want to build lasting relationships. I replied that I want to have fun and the latter is my idea of fun; that's my idea of winning. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you luck in finding what works for you. 

Also, I've been hoarding my stickers.... ;)

Success and failure are merely two sides of the same coin.
  • snowy24snowy24 190 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    dkarski87 said:
    I was Alex’s bff for the day. We informed them of the issues the game has. It is up to them to fix them. Personally, I have no clue what you all expect from a VIP council event? For us to go in, guns blazing? We spoke with them and we spoke with them for a very long time. The entire day, into the night. Plus, they sent us a feedback questionnaire to complete this week. Now stop giving Alex a hard time. Tsk tsk. He’s a very cool guy! 😎
    snowy24 said:
    He’s a very cool guy! 😎
    🤨🤔🤐
  • bigvivecbigvivec 1,778 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    snowy24 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    I was Alex’s bff for the day. We informed them of the issues the game has. It is up to them to fix them. Personally, I have no clue what you all expect from a VIP council event? For us to go in, guns blazing? We spoke with them and we spoke with them for a very long time. The entire day, into the night. Plus, they sent us a feedback questionnaire to complete this week. Now stop giving Alex a hard time. Tsk tsk. He’s a very cool guy! 😎

AKA  Brokejawipeout

..............DISAGREE!!!!!!!   😂 
  • bigvivecbigvivec 1,778 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Decided to quit today. Gonna play some other game. Just not this one. Y’all know I’m not a complainer, so I’m not gonna start now. Simply felt Glu did nothing to keep me engaged. Woh Monday just isn’t enough...

regards,
    Chris
    Sorry to see you and whammo leave. We’ll see how long it sticks.  ;)

AKA  Brokejawipeout

..............DISAGREE!!!!!!!   😂 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd 374 PostsRegistered Users, Member

As you all can see from my many posts, I am new to this game. I have really enjoyed it so far, despite my whining lately. I have spent what I would consider a small amount of money on the game because I felt the company deserved it, considering the time I spend on it.  Through the forums, etc, I have learned how to play for free, which has been nice.  Just requires patience....

However....

Two months in, I see the problems and am starting to already grow wary of the game, especially the stuff I have posted lately about WoH.  I'm sure the other items will eventually frustrate me, but playing something for hours, only to get to a point where the game is rigged, really isn't fun at all.

I have seen about six folks announce they are quitting in the past week or so. Sounds like GLU should start paying attention.

Don't ever interpret my lack of empathy as intimidation.

• 8ball028ball02 130 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    @CanadaCubs, dude you’ll obviously be missed and unlike others I don’t necessarily think you’ll be back “if” you take the next step and delete the app.  I hope I’m wrong, but this game is like crack... highly addictive but once your clean you won’t want to go back.  I think if we’re all honest with ourselves we should really evaluate how much time we spend in this game.  I own my own business and work from Home and have more “time” to do what I want without answering to a Boss.  To say that the time I spend in this game doesn’t affect my work I would be lying to myself.  And I don’t spend no where near as much time as I believe a lot of others on the forums spend, and a lot of y’all hold normal jobs.  @Dfbb, I know your job is not typical but I still have no idea how you do it.  At the end of the day we all have our goals with this game and life and we’re the only ones that can determine if it’s worth it.

Chris, I wish you nothing but the best.  ✌️
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks 1,257 PostsRegistered Users, Member

snowy24 said:
    dkarski87 said:
    Not to pile on but one of the things that stood out to me as being heard by Glu was lack of resources with proposed changes coming after council. Here we are a week later since the last time the Mega pxp box was available FOR GOLD and it's not in store. Sure, I could spend cash on one of these awesome deals in specials but this seems to be in contradiction with what Glu said was to expect. It's in fact the complete opposite. Unless their boastful broadcast of 2x player pulls odds increase for primes/legends and slight increases in xp from those boxes for 2 WHOLE DAYS this week is their response. No one except @likenight really complains about box pulls anymore so just looks like Glu answering a question no one asked.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 407 PostsRegistered Users, Member
        To me, it seems as if Glu has all these ideas, which is fine. But the problem is that they can't fix the existing problems. We all know who the cheaters are, how they cheat, but you doesn't do anything about them. Part of it, I would assume, is because they provide a large portion of revenue for glu, but that's a different story. An honest company should permanently ban all cheaters. 
         There's the constant player/position mixup, which personally affected me twice. That shouldn't be happening. Just look at where the player plays and make him that position. I could easily find out the position of x player in 1 minute with a Google search.
        There's the Android lag, which i won't go over again since everyone is aware of this issue. 
       Theres extra bases, which is cvc with a seasoning of prime event bracketing in it. But, Glu can't get it to work anyway.

We all seem to be unsatisfied in the game in some major way, and that eventually wears down a player as the season goes on. But Glu provides Royal treatment for its top players (top spenders, really, plus DFBB), gives them these big hopes and ideas, while the rest of us complain about issues that have existed for weeks. And I'm not at all saying it's unfair that people got to attend the council, Glu is absolutely welcome to do what they want, and I think it's a great idea to get the top players' opinions on the game. But it feels, overall, Glu has a disconnect from the players who aren't spending thousands a year on the game, and it feels as if glu doesn't develop, patch, and fix the game as much as they should, all while giving  extravagant ideas that will never come fully to fruition.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 629 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    So last night I made the decision to walk away/take a break from the game. My one big issue is and has always been the lack of communication to and from CS and this "development team". I messaged them about the glitch yesterday and they're reply was that there was none, but yet when i was on 4.9 it pushed me back to 1.1. There are more reasons why (CvC Panning, runner on 3rd runs and you get the floating ball etc) these have been issues since 18 and will never get fixed. Not getting 2x gold like everyday ;-) jk
    Swing or no swing you're missing that curveball.
    bigvivec said:

regards,
    Chris
    Sorry to see you and whammo leave. We’ll see how long it sticks.  ;)

I’ve kept my cvc home for the potentially likely relapse. Monday will be the true test
  • pueblodevils68pueblodevils68 9 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Enough crying and rambling.  If ur gonna go,  just go.  The game will go on w/o u. Maybe angry birds is more ur style. 
  • criffycriffy 267 PostsRegistered Users, Member
    Enough crying and rambling.  If ur gonna go,  just go.  The game will go on w/o u. Maybe angry birds is more ur style. 
    someone drank his haterade this morning. 
    i'll be participating in the monday event in the forum club - hope to see you there if you get the itch. if it's truly a goodbye, nice reading your posts @CanadaCubs over the past few months.