Silver to Gold Upgrade Advice

checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
Hey all,
I'm a (mostly) F2P player who is considering making the jump from silver to gold. I have enough gold and evo to upgrade all of my main hitters to gold 1, but I only have enough PXP to cap one prime player and get one more prime player to around Gold 5. Am I better off doing that, focusing on one hitter at a time, or am I better off spreading my PXP around and getting like four hitters up to G4 ish range?
Also I have enough BXP to cap 6 hitters, and I have some good 360 OVR hitters. WOH Mallex Smith, POTW Ketel Marte with RISP and runners on skills, Brandon Nimmo with RISP and RHP skills for example. Even some of my max 350 guys like Jorge Polanco (2x RHP) and Jason Heyward (RISP and RHP) have good skills and are worth upgrading.

Anyway, just looking for some advice. My prime hitters are:
Robinson Cano (runners on, late innings)
Kurt Suzuki (2x runners on)
Scott Kingery (2x CVC)
Mike Trout (runners on, RISP)
Max 390 Ketel Marte (blowout, LHP)

Would love to get your thoughts.

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    cap one at a time, without question. skills depend on what game mode you're most focused on. most people here on the forums care about WOH, so that cano would probably be your best bet
  • 17takeitback1917takeitback19 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Fwiw I regretted jumping to gold for me personally it's too expensive upgrading bonus guys. Woh gets easier ( a little for me lol) it just depends on your situation and what u want out of the game I guess. Again me... I'll be staying silver next year good luck bro hope that helps
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Fwiw I regretted jumping to gold for me personally it's too expensive upgrading bonus guys. Woh gets easier ( a little for me lol) it just depends on your situation and what u want out of the game I guess. Again me... I'll be staying silver next year good luck bro hope that helps
    have you thought about just upgrading your bonus guys to bronze 10? they tend to pick up points and it's really cheap to upgrade. i don't really participate hardcore in prime / bonus game events, just try to pick up the tier 6 200 gold rewards on tuesdays/thursdays, but usually upgrading regular bxp guys to b10 will get me to the promised land fairly easily in pretty much a solo club
    criffy said:
    have you thought about just upgrading your bonus guys to bronze 10? they tend to pick up points and it's really cheap to upgrade. i don't really participate hardcore in prime / bonus game events, just try to pick up the tier 6 200 gold rewards on tuesdays/thursdays, but usually upgrading regular bxp guys to b10 will get me to the promised land fairly easily in pretty much a solo club
    @criffy I've done that before because I had no choice and noticed that they did alright thought it was just me thanks for that info 

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Even in diamond I only take my bonus guys to b10 if they are prime and s10 if they aren’t  
    I'll see how that works out for me cobra thank you