POTW & POTM

JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
The next batch of POTM will be the last. Also, I think we will get POTW today and then next week will be the last for them as well.

I am certain they will do Game Changers in lieu of POTW like they did last season, but will be sad to see POTM go.

Who you guys got for POTW, by the way? Miguel Sano looks like a lock for the AL, and dare I say Sam Hilliard looks like a good bet for NL honors? No pitchers stick out at me, so those are my guesses.
Prev134

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I agree with @JEDDDOGGY. Nelson Cruz just hit his 400th homer last night and even though Sano had better stats for the week, who knows.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Interesting that the POTM have a 380 max on drop,  so hopefully we'll see 380 max blue XP rewards for WOH in the near future.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I don't know what I'll do without players of the month 😭 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Interesting that the POTM have a 380 max on drop,  so hopefully we'll see 380 max blue XP rewards for WOH in the near future.
    Considering they just put 360s as a reward, I wouldn't hold your breath on 380s anytime soon, lol.
    ~UNAGI~
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Blue XP players (barring a handful of boxes that we got near the very end of things) never made it past 375 last season.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    The base ones didn’t but there were a fair number of “like primes” who weren’t as ideal ratings wise as primes but were more than serviceable in ‘18 as two of them were those that I brought over.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Blue XP players (barring a handful of boxes that we got near the very end of things) never made it past 375 last season.
    ?
    I had a ton of blue XP guys well over 375 last year.  Galvis was a 2 skill 470, I don't remember exactly when I got him but it was for several months months at least.  A 490 Edwin Encarnacion with double late inning was one of my main WOH guys for a couple months.  Machado around 490 as well. 
    edited September 2019
    @Wicked0Wildcats yes, those are from the boxes I was referring to that started coming out like the last month or two of 18. Anyone who is expecting blue XP players to keep pace with primes/legends is going to be disappointed.
    @JEDDDOGGY
    I'm not expecting them to keep pace but I'm just saying there were many others not just at the end.  Back when double skill guys were still rare Whit Merrifield was one of my big WOH guys, that was all the way back in the summer.  He was a 420.  

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    The July POTMs dropped to 370 at the beginning of September when the new 360 BXP players were introduced.  The August POTMs are scheduled to drop to 380 in October, at which point I assume we will start seeing regular 370 BXP players, presumably including Classic WOH rewards.
    edited September 2019
    LOL well you've named like 4. How many players do they come out with every year? There was also the Arenado and Perez in the gold glove box. They were pretty good too.

I don't think we disagree. I am just saying that people shouldn't be expecting the blue XP walk off reward players to keep jumping up all of the time.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Don’t forget about Hosmer, Kemp, Bogaerts and pitchers Gonzales and Archer. They were all over 500 from those “beasts of the ...” boxes. As a matter of fact, I still use my previously mentioned guys in 18 on a daily basis 👍🏼
    edited September 2019
    They weren't forgotten about, I'd mentioned those boxes in my first response.

One of my favorite of the blue xp players was that 525 max Aaron Judge. He had good skills too, albeit they weren't optimal for WOH.
    POTW are Corey Seager and Trey Mancini.

Wat.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Hillard got ROBBED! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Yes he did! And Mancini getting it over Sano just goes to show that, like you said before, the voters care about batting average more than the other stats.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Hopefully this year the will continue do a potm of course they will have to call it something else just like game changers. Maybe former potm box or something idk or just simply throw some random players in a box and givem a boost for a month. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @mythicaldragon around the time POTM were no longer wasn’t that the time we saw 400+ BXP players? The 420 Turner and 425 Throwback Trout were the first I can remember 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @Haraycaray I believe it was around that time tho my memory is horrible 🤯 lol. Definitely close we gotta be getting close to seeing a boosted bxp player if trends are similar this year 🤷🏻‍♂️. I just logged onto 18 to see if I still had that 425 bxp trout I must have traded him in. Still have arenado and Perez. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Just happy to trade in all these PoTW finally to help alleviate the inactives overload and app crashes.
    My guesses for final awards:

POTW -  Ian Happ and G Cole
    POTM - Yoan Moncada and Tommy Edman, G Cole & Flaherty

Edman may qualify for rookie award too (if he is a rookie, not sure) and Jimenez in AL. Relievers look like crapshoot outside of Hader though he gave it up this past weekend.
    Edman would qualify for the rookie award, but I'm not sure he will win POTM. I like Meadows for AL and Suarez for NL. POTW is always more of a huge crapshoot it seems like. There are like 6 hitters and 2-3 pitchers that could win and nobody could argue that much imo.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    POTW: Cole and Happ
    POTM: Meadows and Suarez
    ROTM: Alonso and Jimenez
    SPOTM: Cole and Flaherty
    RPOTM: Workman and Suter
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Dam, is this official? Hoping ozzie would make it at 2nd
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I hope it’s Alonso at 1B.
    edited September 2019
    So 1B, 3B and two outfielders for the bats. Assuming Glu gets their positions right.
    Wow I was way off. Wanting Moncada stemmed from thinking he was a 2b this year. Desperately need a 2b. Ya hear me GLU!!??
    edited October 2019
    So will POTM increase AT ALL? We still had a 450 legend in HOF yesterday, so it wouldn't make any sense to have 460 POTM. But have heard there will be 490 legends this weekend, so maybe legends will go to 470/490 and primes to 440/450 and then POTM at 460?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Sounds about right. Then a 470 next week in WOH hopefully.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy