WoH for 9-23-19: Johnny Baseball in the HoF!

13Next

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Welp @DFBB someone told me projects are stupid and that Flores would be a finisher. 12/13 against Vida tonight. Awesome! 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Welp @DFBB someone told me projects are stupid and that Flores would be a finisher. 12/13 against Vida tonight. Awesome! 
    Holy LOL! 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    4 classic cycles and 10 or 11 HOF cycles . Started saving for my move to platnium. Just four days of saving so far .... goal is to save enough to bring at least 2 legends 2 prime and 8 bxp players to p10 right away. Hoping that’s enough so I can still cycle after the move . Guessing Like 2.5 -3 weeks of saving alll my resources should do it
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

• HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    I need someone to do my HoF for me lol😂 you guys are straight animals😂  I only got to here before I finally gave up on it. Maybe I can get it next week 🤞
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I’m not sure how some of you can do 20+ cycles. My top is 5. Funny story tonight. I have been working out my calf muscles lately. I am in the middle of 6-10 and a freaking calf cramp hits. If you haven’t had a calf cramp, you are lucky. Its horrendous. It feels like someone is squeezing your muscle as hard as they can. Anyways, so I am screaming owwwwwwww, holding my right calf, and playing at the same time with my left hand, while my daughter is looking at me like wtf is wrong with her!? And the best part, I beat Blue! Haha! 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Well y’all it was a long grind but I finally did it. First HOF CYCLE CAP 
    Nice job bro!
    KSMETS said:
    G0D D@MN RIVERA! Mookie at Gold 9 (Gold player) skills at 9/9 an't beat him. This is two weeks in a row. GRRRRR. 

pushes soap box back in and goes about classic for now.
    Gold 9 and 9/9 isn’t that strong but youbfound that out.  Try capping and 12/12 before Boeing too frustrated, the results you are getting at that level TBH are expected.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I was down to 640 bxp after getting Franco to p10 after first cycle. Had to trade-in some non-WoH draft picks to get there. Finished the night around 11:30pm with 300k bxp. Cycled Classic, All-Star and HoF. I had brought HoF Edgar keeper to d3 earlier in the day thinking I would keep pumping him up throughout the day to beat HoF but with live boost Black OPS Rendon was able to get the job done. I knew it was an issue before but I really need a capped righty with stacking skills. Think I'm going into holding pattern again with last PoTM around the corner and maybe another lucky pull on weekend like Rizzo a couple weeks back. Also need to get on the HoF cycle cap train. Just don't have the lxp to get close yet.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Mythical Dragon, I'm jealous. I am silver, and have Carter, who is 207 currently. I shared my nightmare scenario when I finally reached VB yesterday. That was with a Live boost too. I can't believe I was stupid enough to waste all that gold on a rigged game. Lesson learned. I'm glad I'm still new enough to where I'm not completely hooked yet.  I'll give it a few more weeks, but I'll be done with this game soon.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I was trying to go ham on HOF but it was tough the third time through. I sailed through the first cycle (120 gold), the second time was pretty easy, but the third one was a grind that cost me gold and really slowed me down. Then live boost ended and i coasted to a 4th cycle. Am am I the only one seemingly hindered by live boost?

Anyway, only got through four cycles. I think my problem is that I try to do it one the cheap and once you lose a couple times it seems the RNG gets tougher. Also, I have two awesome righty killers, but Joe Carter is just so so as a closer against lefties. 

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I find LB makes it worse for me. I prefer no live boost and just boost when needed. Yesterday was a nightmare though. Worse RNG ever for me and GLU wanted its x2 gold back so they got it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I finally built up enough LXP to try and cycle cap a legend.  This was also the first time I've given HOF a real look since I moved up to diamond 10 days or so ago.  The first few cycles were slow going, but once live boost kicked in -- and, even better, when the event boost triggered -- I started flying through cycles.  My last three were about 30-35 minute cycles.  I ended up finishing Damon with a full 30 minutes to spare, and I made back 132K of the LXP I spent getting him in position to cycle cap.

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I finally built up enough LXP to try and cycle cap a legend.  This was also the first time I've given HOF a real look since I moved up to diamond 10 days or so ago.  The first few cycles were slow going, but once live boost kicked in -- and, even better, when the event boost triggered -- I started flying through cycles.  My last three were about 30-35 minute cycles.  I ended up finishing Damon with a full 30 minutes to spare, and I made back 132K of the LXP I spent getting him in position to cycle cap.

And we benefited from your gazillion points! Thanks for helping us yday man - other than HeySlugger scoring an obscene amount of points it would have been a 1st place!
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    My first time beating hof.  So excited I do have Don bayler and Kruk.   Took alot of gold.   I am silver so I think I need to go gold
    if you really want to go to gold for many reasons, sure, but don't do it just for HOF. I'm silver too and beat HOF every week without spending any gold for boosts, just the video boost. As long as you have good finishers capped at silver 10, with both active skills leveled up to 8% or more each, batting team upgrades at 40 and relevant pennants as close to 40 as possible, it should be possible. Granted, i'm not talking about 5-10 cycles like some beasts (in a good way, of course B) ) here regularly do,  but you won't need to. They need that many cycles because they are platinum or diamond and it is really expensive to level players at that level, so free upgrades with WOH cycles is a good idea. But in silver, one (or maybe two) cycles is good enough.
    Gold will make it (maybe) easier in HOF (and bonus games/tournaments) but will start to make your life hell in terms of leveling up players. So if you really need those now and you have lots of saved resources, go ahead. Otherwise, just enjoy capping new players at silver 10 and cycling WOH weekly.
    Just my two cents.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Agree with @tocopan18. Wish I had stayed silver. I have six legends and might have enough lxp to level one of them up by the start of the 2020 season at this rate. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Pretty good day for me.  My formula these days is 15 cycles on classic to cycle cap the 360 player with one HOF cycle mixed in to get the player and 5K LXP.  I will probably stick with this until I have enough LXP to cycle cap HOF.  

Still had mysterious and frustrating struggles using Mantle against Plesac at classic 4-10.  Switched to 360 Mallex Smith and had little issue with Plesac after that.  

On HOF, did not require any gold restarts which was huge on keeping the gold reserves stocked.  Mallex Smith was able to take down Mariano Rivera at 6-9 with the 80 gold boost on the video retry, and I was 1 for 1 against Vida Blue with an 80 gold boosted Mantle.  
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Does anyone have a screenshot of what franco looks like at d10. I didnt see anything. Maybe i missed it
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Does anyone have a screenshot of what franco looks like at d10. I didnt see anything. Maybe i missed it
    Diamond multiplier is 3.66 so that should come out too 414/348/209 for him.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    For comparison, last 3 classic rewards:

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    benny100 said:

And we benefited from your gazillion points! Thanks for helping us yday man - other than HeySlugger scoring an obscene amount of points it would have been a 1st place!
    It was fun.  We'll definitely have to run it back sometime and get 1st.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    KSMETS said:
    G0D D@MN RIVERA! Mookie at Gold 9 (Gold player) skills at 9/9 an't beat him. This is two weeks in a row. GRRRRR. 

Gold 9 and 9/9 isn’t that strong but youbfound that out.  Try capping and 12/12 before Boeing too frustrated, the results you are getting at that level TBH are expected.  
    Yet I was able to clear HOF to get the Mookie without a single bat higher than he is. My finishers were my keepers if I recall correctly and they are only 4 or 5 because... well cost to level even with FP. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    bigvivec said:
    KSMETS said:

Yet I was able to clear HOF to get the Mookie without a single bat higher than he is. My finishers were my keepers if I recall correctly and they are only 4 or 5 because... well cost to level even with FP. 
    I think the lack of skill investment is hurting you. I see WoH as not being much different than opening a box. Both are rng based, but you can manipulate the odds in your favor with WoH. The higher the 'hit,' the better the odds and you can increase those things with hitting upgrades, skills, and of course, the players themselves.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I find LB makes it worse for me. I prefer no live boost and just boost when needed. Yesterday was a nightmare though. Worse RNG ever for me and GLU wanted its x2 gold back so they got it.
    The first hour was normal then the next three were really hard for me.....got thru once and then stuck on 5 for a half hour then gave up on 6 after another 30 and hit the sack........had to really grind.  Loosened while I slept and then opened up for me when I started up in the morning......was  normal again and then the last hour and 20 min I did 3 cycles.  Didn’t appreciate that 3hour block of pain and it cost me some lxp not won and gold spent.  
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    Metsicans said:
     Am am I the only one seemingly hindered by live boost?

That’s the story of my life in woh. All my HOF cycles have been without live boost. None with it. Go figure.