All things charts and helpful tidbits!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion
We have this type of information spread at several places so I figured it would be a good idea to gather in one spot. Anyone can feel free to share whatever they want. I'll go ahead and post some of the things I've come across. Apologies ahead of time to the original source because I honestly don't know who created these charts, but thank you! This page will constantly be updated!

Team Upgrades:

Bronze 1-20=94,600
Silver 21-40=312,500
Gold 41-60=1,075,000
Platinum 61-80= 3,170,000
Diamond 81-84=2.1 mill***(needs to be confirmed)
Diamond 85-100=49.5k gold, when discounted

Expected Value of:
Legend Improve boxes=1.57
Legend XP boxes=3.14
Mega LXP boxes=5.06
Mega Pxp=7.59

Example: A legend xp box, which costs 300 gold, will yield about 900 lxp on average.

Using the multipliers below, you can compute any ratings at level 10 for any tier:

Silver-1.61
Gold-2.14
Platinum-2.82
Diamond-3.66

Example: A rating of 112/110 at bronze 1 would  be 410/403 at diamond 10. 

Below are the resources needed with and without the discounts currently available:

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev134

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2019
    ATG leveling (ty @Mattattack ): 

Player skills( ty @Mattattack !): 

Here are the donation needed to level a club: 

• davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I take a screenshot of what I need that way I don’t  have to search for it.  Always in my phone/device that way.  Just a thought 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    @DFBB for president! Any chance we can get the hof excel spreadsheet?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Great stuff.  This illustrates how the game has changed for me.  I started out playing every game more than simming, setting lineups and rotations by my "knowledge" of traditional baseball rules and standards. Now I'm listening to a work conference call and building a spreadsheet to.sort my roster by hit rate and skills to figure out my WoH lineups.
    Any chance we can get the hof excel spreadsheet?
    I don't have one, but if you get access to one, feel free so share!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I think for HOF, Glu has been pretty consistent in leaving the pitchers the same for 4 weeks before changing it.  For example it was changed last week so I expect it to remain the same this week and two weeks after.
    DFBB said:
    Any chance we can get the hof excel spreadsheet?
    I don't have one, but if you get access to one, feel free so share!
    Will do. If I had a keyboard I would just make a new one, but I'm NOT doing that on touchscreen 🤢🤮 hopefully someone here can hook us all up 😬
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Excel chart attached @retirepujols
    @benny100 for Vice President! I've already publicly endorsed dfbb for Prez, so...
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Amazing 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @DFBB All-Star 4.9 is Price (L) FYI.
  • nelagesbuenonelagesbueno Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    Does anyone have a chart for leveling up with legend xp?
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Same as prime
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Thanks for all the charts and info.
    Anyone else getting tired of WOH after about L4?  It doesn't seem to keep me interested anymore.  With all the random app closures and game loading/playing delays, I usually give up at my first loss to watch videos and get gold.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Thanks for all the charts and info.
    Anyone else getting tired of WOH after about L4?  It doesn't seem to keep me interested anymore.  With all the random app closures and game loading/playing delays, I usually give up at my first loss to watch videos and get gold.
    I still push through the grind, but I can understand what you're saying.  

I still enjoy WOH, but it's much different than it was when it first came out.  Once upon a time,  you just beat WOH and it was a good day.  Now it's not about beating it, it's about how many times you can cycle it.  After a few cycles, it becomes incredibly redundant and "boring". 

It won't happen, but I would love to see them try a rather extreme format change:

Warmup - 5 levels (BXP box award and BXP awards after passing levels)
    Classic - 10 levels (BXP player award and BXP awards)
    All-Star - 15 levels (PXP player award and PXP awards)
    HOF - 25 levels (LXP player award and LXP awards)

I know this sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that it is only the equivalent of 1.25, 2, 3, and 4.25 "cycles" at those respective levels.  

Yes, this would effectively limit cycle capping, but there's an easy workaround for that -- just give out comparable leveling awards to make up for the XP lost.  

I would just like to see the focus again become ascending that mountain, not how many times you can run up that hill by how fast you can autoplay all day on Monday.  HOF mode in my opinion shouldn't be designed to be able to be cycled 10+ times.  

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    agree with @Wicked0Wildcats - i'm burnt from cap cycling WOH on mondays. i never beat it last year (wasn't playing the game nearly to the level i have this year)... need a break from doing 300+ million and spending 10+ hrs on the game for the day.

Cap cycling was fun at first, but it's just a chore now... probably going to just cycle hof 3-4 times going forward until there's a worthy 1b available.
    edited September 2019
    @Wicked0Wildcats If it was up to me, I'd make HoF five levels, but make it considerably tougher. I'd make 5.9 and 5.10 start at an 0-0 count too. I'd love a semblance of skill involved in WoH. I also agree that 10+ cycles should be a tall task. I also don't like that activity is so heavily rewarded in '19. Guys that have the time to cycle cap on Mondays are at a considerable advantage; I'm talking IOS-like advantage(sorry, I couldn't resist). lol

• JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    This is going to sound worse than I mean it @criffy and @Wicked0Wildcats but boo hoo that cycle capping has become boring. ESPECIALLY since you are saying that about cycle capping at HOF level.

I don't know how big of a population I speak for here but my roster cannot complete HOF since Rivera/Blue joined the rotation (saw Blue for the first time ever yesterday and lost the only time I did see him.) I agree that cycling classic can be "a chore" but it is a chore that most can at least attempt to do. I didn't get the shinny toy of Scioscia so I seem to be doomed to purgatory even with a switch hitting Mookie from HOF a few weeks ago. The change I would like to see them make, and you can't tell me that they can't since they do it in other modes, is that they modify difficulty based on your level. 

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes... it is not a personal attack by any means. It is just disheartening to spend so much in terms of resources on skills and such to fail while others who are in a higher tier are able to cycle cap the new toy. Oh... and for the love of God fix the "curve" ball that comes in at your head being a strike.

and side note, my squad can be seen on yesterdays walk off post.
    @DFBB
    I'd still rather have the longer, more gradual and reasonably difficult approach.  (A 25 levels approach in WOH HOF should be progressively difficult.  1-5 could be like the current Warm up rounds, 6 -10 like classic, and so on).

Here's why I'd prefer my approach.  I can see the merit in yours, especially for your team.  But keep in mind, you're speaking as one of the .1 percenters in this game (not that there's anything wrong with that) ;) .  For the 99.9 percenters, a short, but massively difficult HOF will be an exercise in frustration for many of them.  Your "considerably tougher" is going to be "shatter phone against the wall" for the 99 percenters.  I don't know that they want to go down that road, feels like it might alienate a lot of players.

All I know is that the closest I've ever come to quitting this game the last 2 years is those Monday nights that many here have probably experienced before when I had about 24 gold left after dropping 5,000 with nothing at all to show for it.  

@DFBB
    I'd still rather have the longer, more gradual and reasonably difficult approach.  (A 25 levels approach in WOH HOF should be progressively difficult.  1-5 could be like the current Warm up rounds, 6 -10 like classic, and so on).

Here's why I'd prefer my approach.  I can see the merit in yours, especially for your team.  But keep in mind, you're speaking as one of the .1 percenters in this game (not that there's anything wrong with that) ;) .  For the 99.9 percenters, a short, but massively difficult HOF will be an exercise in frustration for many of them.  Your "considerably tougher" is going to be "shatter phone against the wall" for the 99 percenters.  I don't know that they want to go down that road, feels like it might alienate a lot of players.

All I know is that the closest I've ever come to quitting this game the last 2 years is those Monday nights that many here have probably experienced before when I had about 24 gold left after dropping 5,000 with nothing at all to show for it.  

I know my idea would never be implemented. I was speaking on what I'd personally want. I can recognize that what I find ideal isn't what the masses would prefer. I, too, remember grinding all day and hoping to beat WoH one time....to get a player with minimal impact the following week and repeat the grind all over again. 
    edited September 2019
    I would like it to stay the same, just give me the reward at level 1 of my tier 😁 I know, I know... I'm asking for too much 🙄

Edit: am I really asking for too much, though? For spending 10+ hours on it, like @criffy mentioned, is that really too much to ask for? I don't think so 🤷🏻‍♂️
    KSMETS said:
    This is going to sound worse than I mean it @criffy and @Wicked0Wildcats but boo hoo that cycle capping has become boring. ESPECIALLY since you are saying that about cycle capping at HOF level.

I don't know how big of a population I speak for here but my roster cannot complete HOF since Rivera/Blue joined the rotation (saw Blue for the first time ever yesterday and lost the only time I did see him.) I agree that cycling classic can be "a chore" but it is a chore that most can at least attempt to do. I didn't get the shinny toy of Scioscia so I seem to be doomed to purgatory even with a switch hitting Mookie from HOF a few weeks ago. The change I would like to see them make, and you can't tell me that they can't since they do it in other modes, is that they modify difficulty based on your level. 

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes... it is not a personal attack by any means. It is just disheartening to spend so much in terms of resources on skills and such to fail while others who are in a higher tier are able to cycle cap the new toy. Oh... and for the love of God fix the "curve" ball that comes in at your head being a strike.

Like modify difficulty based on your level?  They do.  You're facing higher rated pitchers at each level.  

Or you're talking modify difficulty based on the strength of your team?  Not a fan of that, it is essentially punishing you for building a better team by cranking up your difficulty.  

And just to clear it up I am not talking about cycle capping at HOF.  I beat HOF regularly, but never have beaten it more than once or even attempted to.  I am talking about cycle capping blue XP players at Diamond 10.
    @KSMETS It's very easy to forget that often, our experiences are our own. Whether I agree or disagree, I hope everyone continues to share what they enjoy/hate/want to see changed. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Please change the thread name to “Theoretical WOH discussion (and there are helpful charts buried in here somewhere)”
    I appreciate that @DFBB and like I said, I am not attacking anyone for their success... I wish I could get there. My dumb @ss assumed once I finally broke through and kept building on the skills of my players that I would consistently see the finish of HOF not a one time fluke. I get that my skills are in need of work, and that is what I am doing. I have forgone buying any boxes because I don't want to land a player that I need to level. It just feels like HOF more than any other level is a level of, oh you didn't get last weeks reward AND level them up to at least 10/11/12 on the skills, dream on pal. 

Maybe I am just dealing with my own sense of entitlement. I have spent WAY more this year than I ever have on this game and feel like I am producing the same stuck in the mud results.

Happy Tuesday y'all I am stepping away from here to focus myself. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @KSMETS - I stopped spending months ago, probably went around $250 all in on the season. what has been a game changer for me and gather resources was starting my own club and getting donations (either through just nice people or doling out gifts) to make it to platinum. i desperately needed pxp to get my team to a point where i would be able to cycle HOF... once i started cycling HOF, it's become a given every single week.

you might want to invest in a solo club (or regular one that people donate to and you subsequently boot em). i think i spent about $40 or so in gifts for balls/gloves to get it to platinum after getting the club to gold. might be able to buy one from someone, just a thought
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Here is a helpful chart I made some time ago:

(It's kinda obselete now but better than nothing)

Below are appropriate XP values for base players who are traded in. Note that this applies to bronze 1 players only. Because a player of a certain star rating varies insignificantly (i.e. base 5 stars can be as high as 82 over or as low as 72) the xp/person of a certain star will vary, albeit insignificant. Therefore, each approximation should be given a +/- 5% variability. 

1 star - 11 XP
    1.5 star - 17 XP
    2 star - 29 XP
    2.5 star - 75 XP
    3 star - 201 XP
    3.5 star - 518 XP
    4 star - 693 XP 
    4.5 star - 938 XP
     5 star - 1400 XP

Note that these are weighted averages. If you open one late round draft pick you could get 9 XP or more than 200 XP. However, as the odds pan out over a long period of opening picks, the average XP per pick will approach the average listed below.

Late round draft pick
    1% at 201
    9% at 75
    30% at 29
    30% at 17
    30% at 11
    Weighted average - 25.86 XP

Second round draft pick
    2% at 693
    3.5% at 518
    5% at 201
    26.5% at 75
    29% at 29
    34% at 17
    Weighted average - 76.105 XP

First round draft pick
    .5% at 1400
    2% at 938
    5% at 693
    10% at 518
    14.5% at 201
    30% at 75
    38% at 29
    Weighted average - 174.875 XP 

#1 overall draft pick
    2.5% at 1400
    7.5% at 938
    25% at 693
    30% at 518
    35% at 201
    Weighted average - 504.35 XP 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Since this is our one stop shop for really helpful upgrade info, can someone please post the monetary costs to upgrade as well?