Options

Am I doing my math right? PXP question?

checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
So I know I’m going to need a lot more PXP and that it’s not exactly easy to come by. I see the PXP box in the store for 300 gold, which has an expected value of 696 PXP, which works out to 2.3 PXP per gold.

3k - 2%
1.2k - 8%
900 - 20%
600 - 30%
450 - 40%

There is also the All Star First Starts box for 350 gold. This box has an expected value of 900 PXP (4500 PXP, 20% chance) and that means it is 2.6 PXP per gold. There’s also a 20% chance at a prime player who could further upgrade my team (or I could trade in a prime player that I maybe don’t have the most use for. I have a Ketel Marte with blowout and LHP skills, and a Scott Kingery with double CVC skills. Might be overthinking this part).

Anyway, I want to spend the 2500 gold today/tomorrow to get the PXP rewards and the POTW boxes, but I want to make sure I’m getting the most bang for my buck. Am I going down the right path here? Or is there a better way of obtaining PXP?

Comments

• Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    the 50% off rate up box is a good deal for pxp if you're dropping a decent chunk of gold to get a sample size of 10+ boxes IMO

but yes, there is a better way of obtaining pxp - get a platinum/diamond solo club and win high round in clash/cvc. it's basically free pxp once you get there, but takes a lot of work and/or some gifts for donations to get your club to that level - i net around 70-100k in pxp per week from it.
  • Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    The expected value of the All Stars First Starts box is 5.3 PXP per 1 gold. You can get roughly 1800 for a player, 4500, or 3000. All at 20% odds. 
  • Options
    Base15 said:
    The expected value of the All Stars First Starts box is 5.3 PXP per 1 gold. You can get roughly 1800 for a player, 4500, or 3000. All at 20% odds. 
    I wasn’t counting the players simply because I’m not positive I would trade in the players at the moment, still have some holes in my lineup.

i completely missed the 3000 PXP... need to work on my reading skills clearly
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    The mega pxp is 7.59 per 1 gold spent. If you want any of the players in the box, then I think it's an easy call. Plus, there's no guarantee the mega pxp boxes pop before FR is over.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    DFBB said:
    The mega pxp is 7.59 per 1 gold spent. If you want any of the players in the box, then I think it's an easy call. Plus, there's no guarantee the mega pxp boxes pop before FR is over.
    Yeah I only spend gold during FR... as a F2P player (okay I’ve probably spent $15 but I’m not out here buying tons of gold haha) I need to make my gold stretch as far as I can.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited September 2019
    DFBB said:
    Yeah I only spend gold during FR... as a F2P player (okay I’ve probably spent $15 but I’m not out here buying tons of gold haha) I need to make my gold stretch as far as I can.
    I think guys need to realize that spending time>spending money in TSB. Spending money is about having fun and not necessarily making your team better. As stated earlier in this thread, if you want to be an 'f2p' player and still have a nice team, a solo plat/diamond club should be priority #1.

edit: I referenced solo cvc clubs because you mentioned that you need to make your gold stretch. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    So real question about that, other than grinding my butt off, how do I get one of those? Cause I grinded bonus games hard this morning to get enough gloves to get up to Silver 1 club
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited September 2019
    So I know I’m going to need a lot more PXP and that it’s not exactly easy to come by. I see the PXP box in the store for 300 gold, which has an expected value of 696 PXP, which works out to 2.3 PXP per gold.

3k - 2%
    1.2k - 8%
    900 - 20%
    600 - 30%
    450 - 40%

There is also the All Star First Starts box for 350 gold. This box has an expected value of 900 PXP (4500 PXP, 20% chance) and that means it is 2.6 PXP per gold. There’s also a 20% chance at a prime player who could further upgrade my team (or I could trade in a prime player that I maybe don’t have the most use for. I have a Ketel Marte with blowout and LHP skills, and a Scott Kingery with double CVC skills. Might be overthinking this part).

Anyway, I want to spend the 2500 gold today/tomorrow to get the PXP rewards and the POTW boxes, but I want to make sure I’m getting the most bang for my buck. Am I going down the right path here? Or is there a better way of obtaining PXP?
    Regardless of the actual numbers, the 300 gold prime box flat out sucks.  The prime two box is better but my advice is to hold out for the mega prime box, either for gold in the store or the way I prefer it, bundles in the specials section where I can straight up buy boxes and gold.  

Other ways i get pxp are via cvc wins at diamond and platinum level and boxes with particularly good odds of xp like the mon tues boxes this week with the 2k xp of different kinds, POTM boxes which can net a bunch in a hurry if you are “unlucky”.....if lucky then you get your bonus player for the month anyway, filed pass tiers yield good pxp rewards, season mode gets 22.5k a season with. Finals win.....fan rewards on different days will have a 3k tier that is low hanging fruit....last one I can think of is cycling Royale with the prize player boosted enough to make the use of that player somewhat worthwhile incl for use as a bonus player the following day then trade in.   Of course there are season CvC rewards which I never qualify for due to movement, event rewards for decent to top finishers, upper tiers of fan rewards for those going deeeep.........   Must be a few I missed but such is the fabric of this richly layered game.