Are my Prime Players w/CVC & WOH skills "now" Obsolete?

DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts

Although I have not participated much on this message board in the past,  your advice and comments have been stellar in guiding me!   You guys are the real Legends in this game!

Well I am at the crossroads, and seek your wisdom concerning specific skilled Primes that I am considering unloading for resources.

On my current roster, I have 60 players.   ~30 Primes, ~30 Legends.  All capped at Silver.  All with at least 60% skill levels. I play CVC, WOH, and the events everyday.

Question  How effective are the 400/420/430 Prime 2x CVC/WOH skilled players  vs   450/470 Legends which have various late inning skills?

Here is a list of Prime players with 2x skill sets on my current roster(which are on the bubble) :

400-RT  Gary Sanchez    2x Blowout                 400-Armed Rosario     2x CVC

430-RT  Elroy Jimenez    2x Blowout                 420-Jorge Polanco     2x CVC

400-LFT  Michael Brantley   2x Blowout             400-Cory Spangenberg    2x CVC

420-LFT  Juan Soto      2x Blowout

420-RT  Josh Donaldson   2x WOH 

420-RT  Tim Anderson   2x WOH

420-LFT  Jason Heyward   2x WOH

Of course, like everyone, I have many other Primes with a single CVC/WOH skill.  -As well as Legends also with CVC/WOH skills.

So, I have never experienced the benefit of having these players VS  the more powerful Legends.  I wonder if these skills are working at all. 

Does anyone see differently?  Are there other WOH/CVC skilled players that actually work?   Am I missing something here?

Should I move on from these players and cash them in.....?

Thanks for your input guys, as usual!

SayHeyBeast    

Comments

• blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    What?!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited September 2019

Question  How effective are the 400/420/430 Prime 2x CVC/WOH skilled players  vs   450/470 Legends which have various late inning skills?

Late inning skills aren't active for CVC, but just do the math and figure out who has the higher hit rating (if they have active skills, include that) and go from there. 

Do the same thing for woh, but the legends are probably going to be no brainers assuming each player is capped in your tier. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    For example, I have 430 overall Lindor with a 487 hit and both skills at 16. If I play him in a spot with a runner on second or third (dual risp), then his hit becomes ~643 (487 x 1.32). I also have 400 overall Goodrum, with dual late inning skills both at 10, at a 436 hit rating. His hit rating is 523 in woh, which is worse than Lindor if there are runners in scoring position, but better if there is only a runner on first or empty bases. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    @retirepujols
    hey pal! Thanks for stepping up and answering my question. It’s obviously not an easy answer, but I believe what you state here is excellent.  It appears from my calculations that the legends are the way to go.  It’s tough to let go players that I put resources
    towards though.  Really, how many players does one need?...
    At one point, I did consider moving up to gold.  It’s a lot to move and to justify the additional resources required.....
    Bro, you got my vote!  Awesome!

THESAYHEYBEAST

@retirepujols
    hey pal! Thanks for stepping up and answering my question. It’s obviously not an easy answer, but I believe what you state here is excellent.  It appears from my calculations that the legends are the way to go.  It’s tough to let go players that I put resources
    towards though.  Really, how many players does one need?...
    At one point, I did consider moving up to gold.  It’s a lot to move and to justify the additional resources required.....
    Bro, you got my vote!  Awesome!

THESAYHEYBEAST

Well, if you have a prime capped in your tier then he's obviously better than a legend at b1. You also don't need to cap those legends 🤷🏻‍♂️ if you have the lxp, just find the best legend (or the one that would be the best upgrade) and go from there. There's also nothing wrong with hoarding the lxp until you get a guy you love/that would be a huge upgrade. With October right around the corner, that may be the best move with a potential max bump coming. I would hate to level a 450 legend and have 490 released the week after 🤣 that's just speculation, of course. 
    @retirepujols                                                             So you really think the 490s are coming in October?
    Then 500s?  And finite! Right? And Done.
    Perhaps I am too gullible. I will take your advice, lay-off Butler & Oswalt this week, and hoard the lxp.
    Hmmmmmmmm.....thanks
    THESAYHEYBEAST

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I'm thinking 480/490 legends and possibly some 500/510 ATGs might be coming our way in October. I'm excited for the possibilities.
    @Waveburner
    thanks for that input. I didn’t play TSB17 or 18 versions, so I have no sense of what is coming.

question for you. For WOH HOF 5th and 6th levels, do you use prime players with the Woh and blowout skills or do you get right into the legends?
    appreciate your responses!

thanks