Should I go gold?

bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
I have stayed in silver all year.  I can beat hof woh occasionally.  I have 1 470 legend and 5 450s.  Last year I had trouble getting enough evo.  This year legend xp seems to be in short supply.  Should I level up?  If I do will this help me obtain allstar tickets? 
Prev1

Comments

• LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    YOLO.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Yes.
    You don't get a significant number of All-Star tickets via leveling tiers. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I saw a 130k+ silver team today.  If you’re on the fence I’d stay silver and focus on the players and skills.  There is no free pass at any level and if you are concerned at silver about resources, you will compound your problems at gold, and without said resources, you will actually move backwards in the game.  Stay silver, get more legends, get deeper on the skills of the players you have is my suggestion without knowing more than what you’ve said and intimated.  
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Ok I have never asked because I usually just follow advice given to others, but...do I have a team worth of going gold or am I just better off staying silver?  I have plenty of legends.  I have Damon and Eric Davis on my inactives at the moment   WAs thinking about waiting until VIP gifts in October to make the jump.  The last pic is just to show my resources.  All players are st 40/40 pennants and I think at least 10/10 skills

Type your    comment

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited September 2019
    @davidwg1 if you want to keep any of those legends in play, i wouldn't. takes around 70k in lxp to get each of them to g10. however, if you want to spend a lot of time cycling woh on mondays (more specifically cycle capping), you might want to think about it. higher max legends will continue to drop, so if you want to do it, i'd work on your top primes now (get their skills to 12/12), leave the legends behind (except for one.. cap baylor) and start fresh with new legends

• ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I see 7 legends there to cap them in gold you would need - 500,500 lxp.  That doesn't include Davis or Damon  If you want to keep your legends, I would stay silver.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

YOLO

Go Gold, literally there is ......5 or 6 months until 2020 is released. I am saving up to go platinum because I have everything capped including cash upgrades and its like......why not. Just save up enough resources . I went gold with 10% of the resources you have now and it wasn't bad. This time I am making sure I have enough resources to cap two legends and two 420 primes right away, then cap the rest bxp players. That should be enough to cycle HOF since I am doing it easily now. I also keep my skills on most players at 12/12

• bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    The only reason I'm considering is for vip.  I'm not a big spender and I'm currently level 8.  I'm current 1800 tickets away from allstar level 9.  Im currently level 3 silver.  If I would receive a significant number of allstar tickets I will level up
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Ignorant question here.  What are the all-star tickets used for?
    U have to spend real $$$ for all star tickets.  U earn them when u buy stuff (gold, xp, players etc.).  
  • bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    davidwg1 said:
    U have to spend real $$$ for all star tickets.  U earn them when u buy stuff (gold, xp, players etc.).  
    I have noticed when I play a bunch of prime or bonus games I will receive allstar tickets when I first sign in the next day
    I’m going to ask some dumb questions here.  I’m in a decent club, but have some heavy hitters that would prevent me from ever winning high score or MVP in CVC

if I’m looking to juice up the team, how worth it would it be to go find an inactive club to win those?
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    My team got so much better when I created my own club and I was getting the MVP boxes in CVC. I tried to find an inactive club but every time I jumped into one that looked inactive, someone in the club would always manage to come alive and constantly snipe me. So I decided to just start my own club and I've gotten a lot of good players from CVC boxes. 
    My team got so much better when I created my own club and I was getting the MVP boxes in CVC. I tried to find an inactive club but every time I jumped into one that looked inactive, someone in the club would always manage to come alive and constantly snipe me. So I decided to just start my own club and I've gotten a lot of good players from CVC boxes. 

Glorious news

many thanks
  • ECV1827ECV1827 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    Definitely starting your own club is a plus. Go For Gold :p
    Doni need anyone else in the club?  Or can I be a one man band?
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    You ideally need a second team on another device to "hold" the club while your main team roams for EVO plays in reset clubs etc
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    davidwg1 said:
    I have noticed when I play a bunch of prime or bonus games I will receive allstar tickets when I first sign in the next day
    If you're receiving all star tickets the next day it's for a different reason. Maybe you have a subscription that auto-renewed overnight and so you get the all star tickets pop up message the next day.

You only get all star tickets outside of spending real $$ by levelling from Silver 1 to Silver 2 and Gold 1 to Gold 2. Well maybe Bronze 1 to Bronze 2 as well, I can't remember anymore.

And FYI, these tickets received from team levelling do not count towards VIP status.
    benny100 said:
    You ideally need a second team on another device to "hold" the club while your main team roams for EVO plays in reset clubs etc
    Pardon?
    Solo club question....looks like I need to get to platinum to get the pxp reward for High Round.  That was my main goal going solo

any other reason to stay where I’m at rather than upgrade?
    edited September 2019
    It appears I made a big mistake starting my own club without having the gloves etc to upgrade...
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    It appears I made a big mistake starting my own club without having the gloves etc to upgrade...
    Dont give up so soon - you are now the leader - getting to plat or diamond doesn't happen overnight for most. Keep the club active, play events, keep it public and other teams will join and donate as they grow. Make it clear they need to be active and donate to stay etc. Getting to gold can be fairly fast. Dont be afraid to kick inactive teams and keep the club busy - that will attract more teams if there are open spots.

It's a grind but also a fun project

Many other tips on the forum here for boosting donations from sending gifts to posting on global to attract EVO hunters
    But the goal was to have a solo club to place first in events

isnt it a jerk move to let people upgrade the club then boot them?

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    No, this far in to the game they are either beginners or people that occasionally log in to entertain themselves. Pass on some tips and maybe you’ll find a couple teams that you don’t boot, if a team way stronger than yours joins kick them. Theirs endless options for them club wise.
    Roger that boys.  Many thanks

hoping this doesn’t take too long to upgrade.

anyone with spares laying around let me know.  Love to have some company for a bit

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @TheFullMonte took me about a month to get to platinum, but i also "gifted for gloves/balls" - good luck
    Roger that boys.  Many thanks

hoping this doesn’t take too long to upgrade.

anyone with spares laying around let me know.  Love to have some company for a bit