9-25-19 Royale: WoH and low expectations...

2Next

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Petit is on steroids again. Using 345 overall boosted Al Kaline.....perfect hits....rubber bat, grounder to pitcher. I cycled HOF 11 times with no live boost on Monday but this jerk is about to make me throw my phone ( also did a boosted overall Gavin Lux at 300 for matchup, no better. )
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    figures I complain and get five hits in a row off him no problem. This god damn game sometimes
  • DODGERSYANKSDOADODGERSYANKSDOA Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Mr. Glu should surprise us with a Wednesday legend!
    Willie Mays please!

THESAYHEYBEAST
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Well, the 'early' royale reveal was nice while it lasted. I'm hoping for a pitcher or it'll likely be another day full of bgs/tourneys. As much as I love WoH, it's tough to justify WoH on royale days when tourneys/bgs not only make my team better, but is also significantly better for the club as well. My expectations are definitely low, but I still get excited about seeing new boxes. What are you guys hoping for? Hopefully, today's WoH reward will help some out.
    Do the tourney rewards get better for the higher level your club is, or do tournaments do something else?  Also what are Bgs haha? Sorry if this a dumb question 
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    edited September 2019
    The 2019 Royale Event is the prime example of GLU making TSB pay to play. You simply cannot even remotely participate and expect to be competitive without buying boxes. The only bonus player that you can acquire through actual game play is the woh reward, and that player is always the lowest point earner. Slugfest doesn't count. 

Royale used to be my favorite event, cycling woh as much as possible to try to get all of the bonus guys out of the Royale box.

It's all too common now to hear guys sitting out Royale. All because of greed. #goodjobGlu

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited September 2019
    What is the deal with MadBum today on 5.9?  My Max 420 Segura has LHP and Late skills at 12/12, and with a video boost registers as a 565 against MadBum's 317.  Despite this, I've had to use video and gold restarts both times I've faced him today.  In all four times I've failed to clear 5.9, I've gotten a maximum of 3 pitches that cross the center of the plate.  

Segura went 13 for 17 on Monday against Vida Blue, but suddenly he's only 2 of 6 against MadBum?  Meanwhile, POTM Yordan has cruised past Syndergaard on 5.10 both times I've faced him without making any outs.  I just don't get it.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Well, the 'early' royale reveal was nice while it lasted. I'm hoping for a pitcher or it'll likely be another day full of bgs/tourneys. As much as I love WoH, it's tough to justify WoH on royale days when tourneys/bgs not only make my team better, but is also significantly better for the club as well. My expectations are definitely low, but I still get excited about seeing new boxes. What are you guys hoping for? Hopefully, today's WoH reward will help some out.
    Do the tourney rewards get better for the higher level your club is, or do tournaments do something else?  Also what are Bgs haha? Sorry if this a dumb question 
    Tourneys/bgs(bonus games) get me closer to a d6 cycle with every win(7500 gold).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    What is the deal with MadBum today on 5.9?  My Max 420 Segura has LHP and Late skills at 12/12, and with a video boost registers as a 565 against MadBum's 317.  Despite this, I've had to use video and gold restarts both times I've faced him today.  In all four times I've failed to clear 5.9, I've gotten a maximum of 3 pitches that cross the center of the plate.  

Segura went 13 for 17 on Monday against Vida Blue, but suddenly he's only 2 of 6 against MadBum?  Meanwhile, POTM Yordan has cruised past Syndergaard on 5.10 both times I've faced him without making any outs.  I just don't get it.
    Well, third time through Segura dominates MadBum without making any outs.  Go figure.
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    @DFBB oh wow that’s amazing that is definitely worth it!!!
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I used up all my PXP this week to cycle cap Correa to D10 even though I would have much preferred a pitcher.  But on the plus side that means you guys are guaranteed a pitcher or at least a max raise next Wednesday.  You're welcome :)
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I am hoping they eventually change Royale walkoff back to how it was last year- player box with premium xp boxes (which we've also yet to see as we still have these "deal" boxes with piddly amounts in them)
    I don’t know if we will see premium xp boxes this year. The premium xp boxes is how cheaters loaded players last year. Assuming that’s why they have been removed from the game 🤔. 
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    I was happy to finally land a SS on a "deal" so to speak. I would have rather had the recent Lindor, but I couldn't snag him so I'm happy to upgrade from the 350 max I had there. Still have a 2B and 1B lower than 400, so hoping to see those positions in Royale soon. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    What freaking use is a 400 Prime guy at this point???

anyone that can actually win that probably has near zero use for that player 
    This is the dichotomy.......been this way in Royale for awhile.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I played all evening yesterday since the game was fair. Had a blast. The main challenge was 5.7 with Pettit. I just don't get it, but whatever. I would beat him once out of every three or four tries. Video restart wouldn't matter.  You usually knew with the first at bat how it would go. Unreal. After I got past fat boy, I would coast through the last three. I played through it (yes, you read that right) five times. Didn't take long at all. Lost 5.8 once. 5.9 once, but Kruk always won 5.10 if I made it.

Also didn't get curved to death like I do in HoF, which made yesterday much more enjoyable. I would get 1-2 mandatory curve outs in 5.7 - 5.10 but not all three, nor did I ever get NINE straight. Thank goodness.

Even started one match on 5.10 with six straight curves, then didn't see one again. Won the round by scoring five straight with two outs.

Sorry for the novel. Game is just much more fun when it isn't rigged. I certainly don't expect to win every time. Not my expectation at all. Just give me the illusion I have a shot and I'm hooked.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service