Thoughts on new CvC Pitchers?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
It took six months, but we finally got new CvC pitchers. On top of being good pitchers, they're also now silver pitchers. At a glance, this is going to bring scores down, but silver will really feel the change.
I messed around some and my diamond team only had a small decrease in performance. However, my silver team is now terrible. Lol

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    This is all well and good but makes my field pass less valuable.  I could usually count on the first 5 levels and get 35k PXP and 7.5 LXP.  Now I have nearly a billiion "regular" points and about 2 million CVC points.  I hope they adjust those milestone levels to match the lower scores.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Good thing they messed with the one thing that everyone liked instead of fixing the camera panning glitch..lol
  • BryantMVP18BryantMVP18 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Well, that sucks. I'm Silver as well. I've always stayed Silver every year. My team is terrible now. Do you know if this is permanent? This will force me to go Gold. Something I don't want to do. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Well, that sucks. I'm Silver as well. I've always stayed Silver every year. My team is terrible now. Do you know if this is permanent? This will force me to go Gold. Something I don't want to do. 
    Bing bing bing!  GLU shoots....and SCORES!!!  Mission accomplished.....cue mass exodus from silver to gold and a run in the resources needed.   
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Ooooppsss.........

............at least they corrected themselves.  Appears that they didn’t really think this one through.   
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Won’t change anything for me and I’m silver and staying silver. I rarely have to score more than couple hundred points to get my cvc boxes in my plat club.  

I see they have already changed the pitchers back lol I seriously doubt they will do that again after the backlash. 

Glu dont worry about the camera panning back n forth and the app crashing during cvc... instead I would jack with the pitchers for no apparent reason 👍🏻😉 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I went in for my 10 point win, saw 158 Maeda against my 420 Escobar for the first pitch and laughed. I see they're already changing it back, but it's whatever. I like the idea of updated pitchers 🤷‍♂️
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I like the idea of pitchers getting changed and the difficulty increasing.  We are 6 months into the game and they havent changed yet.  Games are supposed to get harder over time.  What if 4 star Ottavino was still the 5.10 pitcher in woh?  I mean things should get changed and updated and it should be up to us to adapt.  I totally understand doing in the middle of the field pass and that it may have not been the best idea on their part but I really hope pitchers get updated moving forward.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    while my score is certainly lower (at gold), i'm happy that these silver teams can't go HAM on the crappy pitchers. they need to chase way less resources than higher tiers, so in big favor of stepping it up the difficulty.
  • YANKSCOWBYS4LIFEYANKSCOWBYS4LIFE Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    This still only benefit the top cvc scorers cause their teams are gold or higher and now they wont have to worry about competition from silver teams. Most of them are also big spenders so they wont notice much difference. 

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    and yet the word Clenchers was out there alllllll day.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited September 2019
    My scores (diamond team) were literally not affected much at all by this. Everyone not diamond is outraged and now quitting the game lol.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    If this benefits anyone it would mostly be diamond players, but those guys bust their asses to stay and be relevant in diamond. I don't agree that this only benefits anyone over silver, because im gold 120k and won my CvC with 49k. So I have a fix for the complainers.. make the pitchers diamond.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    My scores (diamond team) were literally not affected much at all by this. Everyone not diamond is outraged and now quitting the game lol.
    My Alt team is silver and scored just about the same as well. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Why not make pitchers the same as our current team level? That makes the most sense.

Btw @criffy...I totally hear you, but respectfully disagree. That fiasco of a CvC was the only reason why your club had a chance vs me last nite/this morning. I typically put up millions+ rounds, but could only manage a couple hundred k while being blindsided by those geniuses at Glu. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    One the one hand, for things like CVC I agree that pitching should be commensurate with whatever level you are.  That keeps the playing field relatively even regardless of what level you are.

That said, the last thing I want is to see early round WOH pitchers upgraded, because cycling is my lifeblood as an early diamond player, and I need to churn through those early rounds quickly to permit cycle capping.  So unless they make the pitching upgrade a CVC-only change, I guess I'd rather they just keep things the way they are.
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    Dang I’m gold and still had a high round of over 8mil but like 19mil overall which is low for me. Can’t believe top 50 after first round tho lol.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    fahhq2 said:
    Why not make pitchers the same as our current team level? That makes the most sense.

Btw @criffy...I totally hear you, but respectfully disagree. That fiasco of a CvC was the only reason why your club had a chance vs me last nite/this morning. I typically put up millions+ rounds, but could only manage a couple hundred k while being blindsided by those geniuses at Glu. 
    I also put up million+ rounds without bonus guys regularly. I just try to sandbag for easier matchups throughout the day. I'm a gold 146k team so it's pretty easy to put up big numbers - i just get frustrated when i go up against silver teams that have bonus guys that go for 10mm+

to be fair, i'm more of a cvc sandbag strategist than going all out every round - i never buy field pass so no incentive to. i do agree that diamond teams grind their asses off and should be rewarded, so hopefully this helps them going forward.