New Season Predictions Special Players

ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
Which ones do you think are most likely to hit the stats needed to get the permanent boost? 

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited September 2019
    The only one I personally would even consider leveling is LeMahieu (I could use a better 2B and his skills are great), but there is no way I'm paying $20 for a player that I would then have to spend a boat load of gold on to get the resources necessary to level him.  If Glu wants to give me a capped version of LeMahieu for $20, I would at least consider it.  But at bronze 1, that's a hard pass.
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    edited September 2019
    I'd take the gamble if it was blue XP.  Not going to pay then pay again and all these seem like they may not get there except Locastro (whoever he is).
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I think Locastro is a no-brainer if you are going to buy one. BXP, doesn’t play every day, only 3 games left and he’s only attempted 17 steals in 88 games this year. So he may not even attempt one the rest of the way
    edited September 2019
    That's what I liked when they did this for the All-Star Game.  I think they were $4.99 apiece and would have been close to top-of-the-market players if they hit, so you could view it as something of a gamble.  But at $10 and $20 a pop?  And with 6 new legends being released in boxes every single week that are all better than what these guys would be even if they hit their marks?  That's not a gamble, that's just needlessly throwing away money in my opinion.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Yeah as a Yankees fan LeMahieu is tempting but getting 6 more hits in the last 3 games is going to be a challenge 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The only one I personally would even consider leveling is LeMahieu (I could use a better 2B and his skills are great), but there is no way I'm paying $20 for a player that I would then have to spend a boat load of gold on to get the resources necessary to level him.  If Glu wants to give me a capped version of LeMahieu for $20, I would at least consider it.  But at bronze 1, that's a hard pass.
    Its seems unlikely they would ever do this, but I have to wonder how much different the actual sales on the player would be if they did.   I would think more people would buy and that would more then offset what they would make in theoretical resources for leveling the player.  But i guess thats just my take, who knows
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    That double "down or up by 4" attribute is worthless.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I think Locastro is a no-brainer if you are going to buy one. BXP, doesn’t play every day, only 3 games left and he’s only attempted 17 steals in 88 games this year. So he may not even attempt one the rest of the way
    I don't think he is blue xp.  It's says "chance for prime".  He's just missing a banner I think.

If they wanted to do this right, they would make these guys cost BXP now with a big jump in OVR if they hit their marks.  I would be *much* more willing to spend real money on a guy that may or may not jump to a 440 Prime if I knew I could level him with BXP and then hope he gets bumped to prime later.  That seems to be what they are doing with Locastro, but he would only jump to a 400 prime, which just isn't something I would be willing to pay for (you can get one free every Wednesday in Royale).  Make him jump from BXP to 440 Prime and I would strongly consider it (assuming the skills didn't suck).
    edited September 2019
    The ironic thing is that these types of sales have to be marketed toward silver and gold level players (who can level them without blinking an eye, and thus are only gambling on a big OVR bump).  But those players are significantly less likely to drop $20 on a single player than guys in platinum and diamond, who are much more likely to be heavy in-game spenders and theoretically would be much more likely to drop this kind of money on a gamble.  Seems backwards to me.  They should either target platinum/diamond players by offering an easier way to level them, or they should target more casual players by dropping the price to $2.99 or so and looking for volume.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I don't think he is blue xp.  It's says "chance for prime".  He's just missing a banner I think.
    Oh nvm then it’s stupid
    Yea I agree with all of the above. If I get DJ then I would just be 1 OFer short of being able to have a full Yankees lineup. A couple of them wouldn’t be prime tho. But not worth the $20 price tag if there’s no guarantee for max 440 overall 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Locastro is definitely a 360 bxp player that would become a 400 prime. If that dude was a 1B I'd buy him 😂 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    How do the upgrades work?

if I upgrade him with bxp so say S10....and he becomes prime....does he stay at S10?  Or do you have to upgrade him all over again?
    He would stay at S10, and just be changed to a 400 prime. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

So for example at season end they would automatically upgrade from 158-ish to 179-ish at S10?

So for example at season end they would automatically upgrade from 158-ish to 179-ish at S10?
    As long as the requirements are met, yes 👍🏻
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Almost bought grandal he’s a dbl blowout switch and needs just two more walks.
    I’ll probably live in regret if DJ gets the 6 more hits but just couldn’t pull the trigger for $20
    Did any of the players reach the needed stats? I know DJ didn’t 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the specials page with the offer? It didn’t say anything about Locastro becoming a Prime and in my opinion he shouldn’t have.
  • total13total13 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts

Yeah, it definitely said he would become a 400 prime.. 
    Did anyone reach the stats for 440 besides Locastro