Woh BS

DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
Hey Glu, how about having runners score from 2nd on singles that WIN instead of just tie???????????????
Prev1

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Lol you know that isn't legal!  I also want this.
    Just no.  
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I like the ones that bounce 5 times in the outfield and they still don’t score. 
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Was hoping maxing out base coach would help but it did not. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Was hoping maxing out base coach would help but it did not. 
    My guess is that base coach only helps for stealing bases and maybe taking that extra base, in prime/bg/tourneys, when you're given a choice. For WoH, scoring from 1st off a double or 2nd off a single seems to be directly related to 'power.' To be specific, the type of hit you get will determine whether or not your runner will get that extra base.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Fix the runner who breaks for home on a grounder to the pitcher,, that absolutely upsets me
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah, the curves that don't go near the plate that are strikes are nuts. I've whined enough about that. But I got a new one last night.  A pitcher that wants to walk you to force a double play. Guy is on second, first base is open. Pitcher throws it in the dirt, but you swing. OK. Strike one.  Next pitch, high and outside...don't swing...STRIKE TWO. FML

The runner going home from third on a ground out to the pitcher sucks.

DFBB, thank you for the explanation on runners not scoring or scoring.  Always baffles me when Kenny Effing Lofton doesn't score from second on a base hit to right or left center with two outs.  Kenny Lofton in his prime would have scored from first on that. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    edited September 2019
    Glu hasn't changed the actual gameplay in years. They've only changed player models.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    @BlackFang4 They didn't change so much the panning is still there lol
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @slafrance2 Right, they didn't change any actual gameplay.
  • 8ball028ball02 Registered Users, Member 130 Posts
    3B coach.... I want to strangle that SOB!!!
  • DaveMustangDaveMustang Registered Users, Member 428 Posts
    Mulderken said:
    Fix the runner who breaks for home on a grounder to the pitcher,, that absolutely upsets me
    Oh...AMEN dude
    I've bitched in my club outside chat many times.  
    Tho...

To be fair, there's often that short fly into right center when the center fielder stops and waits for a short bounce.  

Still, the exact SAME hit ties a game that doesn't score the winning run. It's the same **** guy hitting and running. 
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    Biggs will hit a rope or slow slow ball down the 1st baseline and it’s 5-6 seconds sometime so more before the fielder can get to it and it’s just a double. But a ball hit like a homer run that hits the top of the wall is a standing triple?

the game play is retarded like the bloop hits to the outfield the guy runs in and looks like he caught it underhand but really it’s played off a hop. I don’t want to lose one of the few options for hits but he should have caught it. Esp the obverse is I’ll hit a rocket of a grounder and the guy teleports and does a diving grab. They don’t happen often but it’s so stupid.

left handed batters hit slow rollers and it looks like the 3rd baseman literally walks over that ball that rolls to the outfield 
    In real life, many guys fold in the 9th.  This ain't real life tho. We spend money and time to avoid that shit. 😃

I played a TON last night and had a few odd happenings:

1) Pitch in the dirt before home plate called an effing strike. That pissed me off so bad. Next pitch in the dirt again was a ball, so I didn't have to kick my neighbor's cat.

2) Twice I hit what had been a "bloop" singe to right, only to have the SHORTSTOP, yes, the SHORTSTOP run to right and catch it. Both times, the very next pitch, I hit the same exact hit, and both fell for the win. Very odd.

3) I use Kruk as my top Lefty in WoH. He is capped and both his attributes are over 10. He is a best, unless I am playing that rigged HoF crap. Anyway, Kruk got an infield hit to win it last night in one round. I laughed my ass off.

4) Kruk hit a pitch that was in the dirt (I shouldn't have swung) off Thor for a double. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts

2) Twice I hit what had been a "bloop" singe to right, only to have the SHORTSTOP, yes, the SHORTSTOP run to right and catch it. Both times, the very next pitch, I hit the same exact hit, and both fell for the win. Very odd.

A good shortstop should be tracking that ball. But the point is the animation doesn't matter. That's just the scene rolled by the game to display the outcome. It could have been a popout to the RF. When you made contact, you lost. 
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    When you walked up to the plate, you lost
    Yes. It mirrors my varsity career too. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

I played a TON last night and had a few odd happenings:

1) Pitch in the dirt before home plate called an effing strike. That pissed me off so bad. Next pitch in the dirt again was a ball, so I didn't have to kick my neighbor's cat.

3) I use Kruk as my top Lefty in WoH. He is capped and both his attributes are over 10. He is a best, unless I am playing that rigged HoF crap. Anyway, Kruk got an infield hit to win it last night in one round. I laughed my ass off.

4) Kruk hit a pitch that was in the dirt (I shouldn't have swung) off Thor for a double. LOL

These things that you think are "odd" are literally just Glu's animations. This game is VERY scripted. Its why Kruk is doing crazy things. His hit rating is very high compared to the players you typically use I am guessing. They throw in these odd animations to make it seem random. From my understanding is the AB starts with either fastballs/change ups or an "OUT" where you will see a billion curves. I think if the batter is really good compared to the pitcher, you'll very rarely see an "in between " AB where you might see a curve ball the first pitch then a fastball.

The next part of the AB is essentially when you swing. Don't quote me on this but after hundreds of hours I believe there is a probability roll depending on when you swing and the batters strength compared to the pitcher. In general you want to swing late into the pitch. I find the time when I get the most outs is when I swing early ( this is where hitter strength comes into play, if I'm on a lower level most times my beasts can still get a hit and I think to myself " got lucky there, that was a horrible swing " )  The same token why I think there is some sort of probability roll is because sometimes I will have PERFECT swings and it will be a ball hit right back to the pitcher.

The ONLY thing that doesn't fall into these rules are Petit on 5.7 of Royale. He is the devil incarnate. ( tbh though he throws SUUUUCH jank I think I swing too early a lot, hence why you always want to time your swings late )

@MoenPDC, thanks for the feedback, and yes, I have been following pretty much exactly what you are saying in terms of hitting to the opposite field. Pretty much all I do, especially in the last rounds. One items I forgot to mention was hitting the ball the opposite field and watching it go through an infielder. Happens a lot, especially in early rounds.

You are correct in how the at bats start.  In HoF mode, I know immediately what the result will be. If it is MR or VB, especially, a first pitch looper means two more coming that will be nowhere near the plate and will be strikes.  I've whined enough about getting that pitch NINE straight times. BTW, I am using Kruk against MR in HoF with the results of being curved to death.  IF I get a fair match and make it to VB, I have Joe Carter, who is actually stronger than Kruk, getting curved to death. LOL

Correct on the "next part of the at bat".  Difference yesterday was that, after getting a "curve out" in 5.7 - 5.10, I would have the at bats where they would start with a curve, then the next two pitches were a variety of either change or fastball. First time this new pitch sequence surprised me, but after that I would wait and hope for it. Like I said, I got curved for two outs usually in 5.7 - 5.10, but that was it.  I can live with that.  Your margin for error to win is still low....but at least you have a chance.

As for Petit, it didn't matter.  Swing late, hit everything to the left with a left handed batter...it would be weak hits. Unreal. Next time through that same approach would be a HR to left. Nothing consistent and didn't make sense. I realized 5.7 was the "rigged" matchup, and was thrilled to win one out of every 3 or 4.

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @drsmartassphd Not sure if it's just a result of being diamond vs. whatever level you are at, but I cycled 13 times yesterday and simmed my D.10 Johnny Damon (max 450 legend) with 12/12 skills against Petit at 5.7 every time through.  I think he went 13 of 14 on sims.

Well I'm still silver, but others are winning at Silver in HoF on Mondays. I wish I had Damon, LOL. Right now, it is impossible for me to beat HoF 6.10 IF I get to it. Others in Silver have been able to beat him with a weaker hitter facing him. For example, one poster beat VB with Rizzo at 197.  I am using Joe Carter at 207, with video boost, live boost, and attributes over 10.  I'll still get six or nine straight curves in the sequence, which kills any chance, especially when down 6.

At least with Royale, if I get that treatment with Petit, I know I can eventually win one, so it is not as maddening.

For what it's worth, I jumped to gold during a Monday WOH event.  I had been planning to jump and was going to wait until after WOH ended so I could make sure I beat Classic and give HOF one try (I may have beaten HOF one time total while I was in silver).  Anyway, I got to level 6 and could not get past 6.9 or 6.10.  After failing 5-6 straight times on either 6.9 or 6.10, I decided to just jump to gold immediately, leveled my top 5-6 batters, boosted my WOH-friendly team upgrades, and immediately breezed through Level 6 on my first try post-jump without any restarts.  It really does make a difference being at gold vs. being at silver.

Well, here is my "problem". I have been VERY lucky in pulling legends. VERY. I've won three in WoH by getting them in boxes.  I have about 7 legends total, and the rest of my team are prime players. I would need to start building a HUGE stash of resources to do that.  I just started playing the game about 7-8 weeks ago. Maybe a little longer.  Basically, it is way too late in this season for me to put that effort, or spend the money to do that. 

I've had my Silver to Gold playoff series sitting for a few weeks now.

edited September 2019
    The thing is, you don't need to level all of those guys.  You only need to level enough to put you in a position to easily cycle WOH.  If you can cycle WOH, and if you are willing to spend the time, you can build resources much faster, and you can cycle cap new players to replace those you had to leave behind (which only makes sense, as new players will continue to have higher OVRs than old players throughout the remaining life of the game).

To be able to easily beat Classic and HOF at gold, you really should be fine with only 4-5 guys capped at G.10 (I'd say 3 lefties and 2 righties to be safe).  At ~20K PXP or LXP to cap (using Field Pass, which you should when you jump to make leveling cheaper), you're only looking at 100K total of LXP or PXP.  There are mega boxes on sale right now that can help you get there quickly if you are willing to outlay some gold.

Thanks for the advice! I will consider it. FWIW, my last few gold spends have only been on Mega LXP boxes to build up my guys. Last time I bought 30 of them. I have a surplus of about 10K LXP now, but that won't move the needle much.

I will look into Field Pass as well.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    The thing is, you don't need to level all of those guys.  You only need to level enough to put you in a position to easily cycle WOH.  If you can cycle WOH, and if you are willing to spend the time, you can build resources much faster, and you can cycle cap new players to replace those you had to leave behind (which only makes sense, as new players will continue to have higher OVRs than old players throughout the remaining life of the game).

To be able to easily beat Classic and HOF at gold, you really should be fine with only 4-5 guys capped at G.10 (I'd say 3 lefties and 2 righties to be safe).  At ~20K PXP or LXP to cap (using Field Pass, which you should when you jump to make leveling cheaper), you're only looking at 100K total of LXP or PXP.  There are mega boxes on sale right now that can help you get there quickly if you are willing to outlay some gold.
    Go gold. It becomes 10 times easier. You’ll kick yourself for not doing it earlier
    Will do guys. TY

According to the chart, I would need about 57,200 LXP to be able to cap each legend at 20% off.  Yikes. I have a long way to go.

Don't cap each legend.  Pick your best lefty and your best righty (each with two always-on skills for WOH, preferably) and just cap them.  Then cap 2 primes (again, one lefty and one righty).  That should be *more* than enough to let you cycle WOH.  And if you can also cap a few BXP bats, even better.  Don't worry about the rest of your legends.  You can cycle cap new ones later.  I have 7 legends sitting at b.1 on my inactive roster.  You won't need them.  I am diamond and I have exactly 2 legends that make my active lineup (one I brought to d.5, and one I cycle capped this past Monday).
    Coolio. TY! I have cut too many players. LOL.