Options

What If WoH Pitchers Were Tougher?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
Last season, we started around level 5, peaked at level 10('the diaz days'), went down to level 3 and ended at level 7. This year, we've been at level 1 all year. What are everyone's thoughts here? This change, I would think, is inevitable, but I don't think it will be well received. 
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    It will probably happen but probably not quite yet as overalls seem to be increasing enough that the incremental increases seem to keep pacing enough.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    So you mean to tell me this will only get worse?  I mean, you can only throw nine curveballs for three outs.  How in the hell can they make it harder?  Rounds 5-9 will start throwing nine straight curve balls too? Or maybe now just throw the ball directly into the stands for a strike? Jeezum

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    So you mean to tell me this will only get worse?  I mean, you can only throw nine curveballs for three outs.  How in the hell can they make it harder?  Rounds 5-9 will start throwing nine straight curve balls too? Or maybe now just throw the ball directly into the stands for a strike? Jeezum
    most predictable comment of this thread
  • Options
    superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    I still think make rewards and toughness based on your current team level and strength. This escalting path is impossible to keep up unless you spend tons of money. But if resources open up like premuim xp reward boxes that  will help.
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I think it will continue to be cranked up and maybe the speed of the increase will go up also, but if there is a significant jump it would be good to see some better lxp chances dropped into the various game modes like CVC rounds to give us a chance to take skills higher 
  • Options
    cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    If rewards were adjusted accordingly (significant PXP and LXP for lower HOF levels or Wednesdays) then this would be a welcome change. Even PXP and LXP for level 5 on classic would be a reasonable middle ground. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    People will cry and carry on for sure.  But the bump is coming, keepers, box players max  will go up, ATGs will be released and pitchers really need to get harder as well. 
  • Options
    UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    I expect it to get harder it always does...but if you’re increasing the difficulty, then you need to increase the worth of the prize. Like last year adding in PXP and LGXP boxes. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Last season, we started around level 5, peaked at level 10('the diaz days'), went down to level 3 and ended at level 7. This year, we've been at level 1 all year. What are everyone's thoughts here? This change, I would think, is inevitable, but I don't think it will be well received. 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Or maybe now just throw the ball directly into the stands for a strike? 
    😂🤣🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    No doubt it’s gonna happen. We obviously will continue to get higher rated players but they need to loosen up on resources. Keepers are gonna be my answer to the tougher pitchers. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    I liked the better rewards with a tougher pitcher. It made clearing certain levels alot more rewarding. Beating 5.10 for the 14th time in a day is more busywork than the surge of getting an excellent player with piles of resources. Also, beating the same level over and over gets less enjoyable and more repetitive.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    edited September 2019
    This will definitely cause Khaos but I agree its coming. The problem with bumping the pitchers to level 10 as we saw last year it was impossible to cycle cap, a few cycles was hard enough. Even ATG that were capped 20/20 had curve balls and horrible pitch sequences. And the backlash from the average joe had to make GLU adjust. Even the more experienced cyclers had issues, if they did raise the pitchers to lv10 of your tier then it has reflect on your current team and level. So diamond players will need to be given XX amount of XP for clearing the levels versus the lower levels.  Or its just not feasible. A silver player can cycle and instantly cap his player for 30k while a plat or diamond player needs 188 or 700k to cap.

Also the cost of restarting in HOF is also an issue when it comes to this, in classic it's not bad at 240g a pop if you want to reply 510. But in HOF its almost double that and it gets costly.  Bottom line, they need to really adjust the WOH model for it to work. So chances are its not going to happen without huge backlash or middle ground where they can meet the players.

EDIT: Someone brought to my attention that ATGs didn't have their 2nd skills when Diaz and Neris were the devil. So that is also a huge factor to consider, ty @DFBB
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    It's going to get 'harder' even if they keep pitchers where they are - we lose Live Boost this week. 
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Reading all these "horror" stories of guys that now won't be able to win enough to cap the player....

Hell, I'll just happy to be able to beat the darn thing once. That's all I want. I'm not greedy. I'll stash gold to cap the guy after I win.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options

Reading all these "horror" stories of guys that now won't be able to win enough to cap the player....

Hell, I'll just happy to be able to beat the darn thing once. That's all I want. I'm not greedy. I'll stash gold to cap the guy after I win.

That's because you're silver, bro 😉 with my silver, I just need to beat HOF once then spend the 34,900 lxp to cap the guy. My diamond? That would be 938,150 lxp.. in other words; you can cap 27 legends to my one.