Options

Pennants

ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
Is there ever an upgrading discount with the pennants? I’m wondering if I should keep saving them or use them. I’m trying to think back I can’t remember if there was ever an upgrading sale. 

Comments

• Options
    Sounds good I’ll use them up then. Is it smart to use them on a team that I only have 1 player but that player is a legend? Figure I’ll never have to replace them since they are 470 max. 
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Do you ever get more if you increase level (i.e. gold -> platinum)?  It seems impossible to cap anything after silver unless you spend gold to speed up season play.
  • Options
    TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    I have 1 team 60/60 and a few 50+/60 and a lot are 40+/60 and I don’t speed up at all unless the next series gives a reward and I could make good use of it.
  • Options
    Well this is interesting I was upgrading A’s pennants after I pulled Catfish and it somehow let me upgrade 42/40...

• Options
    Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    Do the pennants even do anything? I know it claims to boost but I haven’t noticed. 
  • Options
    BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    If I come back to play next year, I will upgrade no pennants and then upgrade all of them at once to see if there is any noticeable difference in the modes. My personal belief is that it only helps in modes that we don't care about. 
  • Options
    ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    I guess I am one of the "believers"  I get consistently higher cvc scores with max pennant guys.  I think this is one of the reasons silver teams do so well in cvc, because they usually have maxed out pennants.
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I put my pennants on my best players, Max my hitting then pitching upgrades, invest in skills for my pitchers, keep a capped bullpen of quality relievers,  eat an apple a day and get 8h of sleep a night and trust that I’ll be better for it.   

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    My 450 Scoscia with maxed pennants does better in WOH than my 470 Kruk. Same level skills, both active all the time at 6.10. Only difference is pennants. So, I’m a believer. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @bigvivec 8 hours of sleep is a great strategy. 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    @bigvivec 8 hours of sleep is a great strategy. 
    Probably the biggest lie in that post.   ;)