9/30 WOH

Comments

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    So is there no live boost for anyone today?  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I think we get that tsbevent bonus tonight.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I LOVE ELLIS! First time up and took him to the cleaners. Thank GOD Rivera is gone! Please sweet baby Jesus let me knock off Feller with my newly improved (thanks Polar Bear) Mookie!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    HOLY SHIT! It can be done! 

• Bighead38Bighead38 Registered Users, Member 132 Posts
    My team this week. 5 right, 5 left, 3 switch hitters. No gold so I won’t even bother trying HOF.
    DFBB said:
    The past few times that has been an add-on to live bonuses rather than a standalone bonus, no?  That said, since there are literally no MLB games scheduled for tonight, I suppose it wouldn't make much sense to have the event bonus be tied to a live bonus.  On the flip side, there are a lot of things about this game that sometimes don't make any sense.
    DFBB said:
    The past few times that has been an add-on to live bonuses rather than a standalone bonus, no?  That said, since there are literally no MLB games scheduled for tonight, I suppose it wouldn't make much sense to have the event bonus be tied to a live bonus.  On the flip side, there are a lot of things about this game that sometimes don't make any sense.
    Last week, they started as a universal boost(5%), then they turned that off and made it stackable with the team live boost. I'm guessing the former makes it's return today.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Seemed pretty cake today,1 restart on Bob

duckk123 said:
    Not for me.  6.10 was a pain even with POTM Alvarez at D.10.  Took me 3 tries to get enough pitches over the middle of the plate to win.
    Really? Scioscia took 0 gold whatsoever and feller got 1 out
    Second time through was much easier.  Tied it up at 6-6 before I got my first scripted out, and then immediately doubled and homered to end it.  One total out, no need even for a video restart.
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    1st try only had to use video restart on 6.9
  • TwoNightStandTwoNightStand Registered Users, Member 35 Posts
    The guys I use 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    So you really want me to use an 80 gold boost to beat Paxton??  No thanks.  Classic it is!
    Just no.  
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I finally beat Gagne after six tries. Get to Ellis. Use Kruk. Favorable matchup, plus video boost. NINE effing gd straight effing curves. Even that high one that almost hit me was an effing strike. Video restart. This time, like a moron, I use gold to get a better boost.  SIX straight GD MFin Curves to start, then a pitch down the middle that my noodle bat rolls to the pitcher. My luck when it comes to actually playing HoF is crap. LOL. Looks like I need to try and win the legend out the box again.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Ugh. Now I'm even getting curved to death on 6.6 by Castillo against Legend Gonzo with 10% attribute boosts against Righties. 9 straight curves to start. WTF Glu?!?!  How is this $hit possible.

And can we pretty please have that stupid pitcher celebration stopped? Nothing chaps my a$$ more than hearing "Strike 3 YOU'RE OUT" on a pitch in the dugout while the pitcher is doing his little fist pump. LOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Got it with G7 Carew 10/10. Had to use a restart and 80g boost. Took the LXP and now I'll go again with a G8 Carew... 

Just played through again. Beat Ellis. Got to the finals. Kruk is up. Fully loaded, video boost, etc.  Guess WTF just happened?  Yep. Nine straight GD MFin Curves. LOL. Holy hell.

Hitting the video restart now. If I get NINE straight again I will have to go have a few beers before I try again.

Welp, I need an effing shrink.

After the video reboot: Three pitches over the plate. I put them all in left for hits. Bases are loaded with no outs. I'm pumped.

Next at bat: Three straight curves.  I'm thinking "OK this is your first mandatory out. Just give me three or four decent pitches before the next BS strikeout".

NOPE. SIX STRAIGHT effing curves after that, so NINE straight again after loading the bases with no out.

I'm giving myself five shots at 6.10. That was two then I'm done with it for the day. What an effing joke this level is and it will only get worse.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Cruised through again. No outs 0 gold. Cabrera doesn’t make my team tho 😕
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @mythicaldragon what do you have your skills at to not need gold? I can beat it with gold boost but only have 12/12 skills
    @cb11 I’m sure I just got lucky again but skills are at 13/13.

Go ahead and disagree troll 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    @cb11 I’m sure I just got lucky again but skills are at 13/13.

Go ahead and disagree troll 
    Lol I think someone is just doing a bit now when giving you the "disagree".
    Just no.  

Reached the finals 9 times now. I've used a frick ton of gold. I hate myself for that. LOL

So, the other 7 since my last whine:

3 of seven started out with nine straight curves.

2 of seven started with six straight curves, I got two on, then curved.

2 started with three curves, I got four straight on, curved again, four straight on, then curved again.

Literally all nine outs in every single MFing game so far have been curves.

I started trying to swing in hopes of maybe getting lucky or a productive out.....but you can't make contact with them as they get wider and wider.

@mythicaldragon: I am silver using Kruk. 12 on attributes, and I've started each round with 80 gold. Ugh. Matchup favorability is damn near triple, and I'm getting curved to the point where I literally can't win. It is impossible. Chances are ZERO if you see nine curves in a round.

@drsmartassphd dang man that’s brutal idk why but I’ve had more luck not boosting. It’s very strange 🤷🏻‍♂️
    @FrankTheTank04 yeah for sure trolls gonna hate 
    For some reason I am getting an extra boost for Johnny Damon that I’m not getting for anyone else. All of my top guys have skills at 12/12, so when both are active and no pre-round boosts, they should show +25% boost (like Alvarez below). But for some reason Damon shows a +38% boost even without any ore-round boosts. Any thoughts on why this may be? With the extra boost, I’d love to throw him up on 6.10, but I don’t trust skills triggering mid-at bat enough to risk it  

• ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    I'm not sure but maybe could it be because of the man on base skill and you have 2 on base?
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    I'm not sure but maybe could it be because of the man on base skill and you have 2 on base?
    w a i t.... holy
    @mrwillson You're not suppose to get the 'free' 5% unless you use a boost(gold or video). Your Damon got a free 10% boost though. 
    ihuffglu said:
    Nope. Here he is with only 1 on and still getting the 38% boost. 

DFBB said:
    @mrwillson You're not suppose to get the 'free' 5% unless you use a boost(gold or video). Your Damon got a free 10% boost though. 
    I just wish Damon was a 6.10 finisher. I just don’t trust starting a guy with no skills active at the start. 
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Damon is getting the equivalent of full live boost for me - wierd but not complaining - now using him at 6.9