Guys who normally buy FP, did you buy it today?

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited September 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Please abstain from voting if you had no intention of buying it today.
If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Guys who normally buy FP, did you buy it today? 55 votes

Yes
29%
Mattattackwhammo911getthesehands108bigvivecMulderkenJEDDDOGGY2003cobraTCFORTWINSnavyjack77BizertoJCAM80BOZZCOJTANDMEAgulierspeedmwilson829Reeces 16 votes
No
60%
Splandman[Glu Sports] blueleopardDFBBdkarski87ihuffglusnowy24superbaldy77DPKSLudwigMonstermatt_sacketttshea510ZaneJ78lenardReadingFightingPhilsJudgeSoo_Choo_Traindustyhunksblueprintsheels96UltimateWarrior 33 votes
Still Deciding
10%
HaraycarayDomerHomerBlackFang4bobremScaryTerryBigburg 6 votes

Comments

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Still Deciding
    The only reason I’m still deciding is because I simply cannot rip through tourneys/bgs without it. I’ve grown dependent 😂
  • SplandmanSplandman Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    No
    I did not buy it today, which means I won't spend this week at all. I have spent a ton but have to draw the line at some point.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    No
    I was looking forward to FP today, but decided against buying it. I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • LudwigMonsterLudwigMonster Registered Users, Member 381 Posts
    No
    Nope.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No
    I didn't want too, but had no choice. I bought it for 27.99 CA
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Yes
    I bought it simply because I was ready to get my players moved up. Was far from happy to see the price change and WILL NOT be buying it again at $20 but today felt worth it since I had already made my plans based upon buying it. Completing HOF today, with the help of all the HR bonus points, I got Mookie to 10/12 on his skills and have Reggie Jackson coming up the gold ranks. Need to figure out what to do with Mr. Cabrera now... the LXP tree has dried up lol.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    If I was still playing I wouldn’t have bought it. And I bought it every week for the $9.99 option when I was playing. Never on the weekend because I wasn’t spending $20 for it 
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    No
    I was hoping to get it today.  I wanted to use it to increase keeper skills, level Reggie Jackson from last week, and had enough lxp to level today's reward.  I did not like the hall of fame reward and was not willing to pay an extra $10.  The 30% is great, but i couldn't justify the extra money.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    No
    No, sir. I've been spending less and less, but the weekday fp was always a no brainer. At $20, I'm not buying fp.. I might not even play this entire week besides season mode games and cvc, to be honest. Oh well 🤷‍♂️ @Bigpredfan any chance you're playing Mario Kart? 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    No
    I didn’t buy it this week. I can’t see myself paying $20 today when that’s the most I may spend all week... @retirepujols I see you are racking up a lot of points on the game that we cannot name. Can you “compete” with friends live?
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    No, sir. I've been spending less and less, but the weekday fp was always a no brainer. At $20, I'm not buying fp.. I might not even play this entire week besides season mode games and cvc, to be honest. Oh well 🤷‍♂️ @Bigpredfan any chance you're playing Mario Kart? 
    Nah. Not yet at least.  College keeps me busy enough and I go on an 8-night trip to Disney starting Saturday morning. No time for games :(
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Still Deciding
    Ended up not getting it. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    No
    I didn’t buy it this week. I can’t see myself paying $20 today when that’s the most I may spend all week... @retirepujols I see you are racking up a lot of points on the game that we cannot name. Can you “compete” with friends live?
    Not yet, but it says multiplayer will be coming 😁 thanks for add 😉 there's a 160+ person group chat on line that used to be about tsb.. it's now the "global" for mari.. that other game. The multiplayer should be pretty sick
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    No
    No I didn't get it. I do love thw auto play being diamond. But its not a bargain anymore. 
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    Only one bar gain. !@  HAPPY HOUR!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Yes
    I bought it this week and will buy it next mo day as well. I am working on my keepers and got hosmer to d10 and mays will be d10 next Monday. After that I’m not sure when I will buy it again unless I work on keeper Gibson. I wish that the discount would work on the skills once a player is fully leveled as opposed to only working when your players are in the improve portion of your team
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    No
    It does work on skills @2003cobra. If you level skills watch your xp totals and they will reflect the upgrade at a discount though display will show full cost.
    Yes
    @dustyhunks good looking out. I guess that I didn’t pay close enough attention before. 
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    I apologize for jumping in on your post but I was intending to ask a FP question today anyway and this seems like the best place to ask.  I have never done FP before but am considering this week because I am going to make the jump to gold.  Does the FP give discounts on leveling for any player or only players you obtain while you have the FP?
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    davidwg1 said:
    I apologize for jumping in on your post but I was intending to ask a FP question today anyway and this seems like the best place to ask.  I have never done FP before but am considering this week because I am going to make the jump to gold.  Does the FP give discounts on leveling for any player or only players you obtain while you have the FP?
    Any player
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Yes
    FP gives you a discount for leveling any player on your roster, regardless of when you obtained them.
    Thanks!
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yes
    Yes i did buy it this week but wont get getting it every week.  Not all mondays are created equally for me and given my time I had yesterday and the needs in my woh lineup i decided it was worth it to me.  Especially given the discount it will provide hopefully on potm players later in the week.  
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    No
    Dam I forgot about POMs, yea that will help alot. Still agree with everyone the price hike was bogus. Double the price for a 10% increase in discount.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Sorry one more question.  Does joining a discount club also give a discount for any player or just weekend players?
    Yes
    Just the weekend players. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yes
    Yes i did buy it this week but wont get getting it every week.  Not all mondays are created equally for me and given my time I had yesterday and the needs in my woh lineup i decided it was worth it to me.  Especially given the discount it will provide hopefully on potm players later in the week.  
    Ill preface this by saying I'm not happy with the price increase.   I could justify getting FP every week prior but now if it stays this way it will likely be once a month or something like that.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Yes
    It will be interesting to see if they lose money by increasing the price. That is the bottom line. If less than half FPs are sold this week, it only makes sense they go back to the regular price next week.