10-02 Royale: Changes on the Horizon?

Comments

• CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Silver here as well, got through with gold boosts using my spanking new Cecil Cooper (skills at 10/10) at both 5.9 and 5.10. Beating Petit at 5.7 was a chore as usual. Needed an upgrade at 3rd base so don't mind spending some gold.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I lost autoplays on 5.1-5.4. Switched to manual play and walked through with no replays and only video boost 5.8-5.10.
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Keepers bumped
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I havent played a ton of woh on wednesdays lately but am today.   Only issue has been simming 5.6, pretty smooth sailing otherwise
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    5% keeper boost!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigHurtBigHurt Registered Users, Member 157 Posts
    POTM Meadows crushed Verlander. Not trying to cycle cap today, but seemed very easy first (and only) time through. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    is 5.7 a different version of petit than usual? ambidextrous - i don't recall facing that version before
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Been through 3 times so far with zero gold spent.  Haven't even used a video restart yet.  Compared to this past Monday's HOF, it's  walk in the park.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I was cruising past Petit up until an hour ago. Now I can't get past him. Getting curved to death. Every time I get to 8-7, then curved. If it is one out, six curves. No outs, nine curves. Using the same guy every time too. Matchup favorability is more than double. Looks like I won't make it to 5.10 again.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And yes, that is a different Petit

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Is it me or did stage 5 get harder after the keeper boost? Harder now to autoplay through rounds.

Welp, got lucky with some errors and managed to get to Verlander again. Like a dumbass, I just used gold to up Kruk's skills AGAIN. 13/13. Matchup favorability is more than double.  Like 335 to 151.

First pitch in the dirt. Walk. YAY

Next three pitches, curves nowhere near. One out.

Next three pitches nowhere near. Two out.

Next pitch down the middle for a slow roller. Video reboot now.

What a joke this is.

• ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Been a walk in the park.
    Need more Living Legends!

Well fellas, I finally effing won it today. About to go have a few "beers" and try to play through a few more times for more XP.

After video reboot:

Three straight curves, one out.

Got three down the middle and hit three soft singles. Loaded the bases.

Three straight curves. Two out.

Down the middle, soft hit. One run scores. 4-1.

Next pitch is a curveball nowhere near. I'm thinking "here we go again. MFers". I take it just waiting to get bent over. For some strange reason the next pitch in the sequence was right down the pipe. I hit it the other way for a granny. 5-4.

I'm still going to kick the neighbor's cat though. Just because.

• ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    Holiday Ted easily over Verlander after the keeper upgrade. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Almost at the end of a season would it be wise to wait until the update? Assuming a update is coming 🤷🏻‍♂️ also assuming possible seasons mode rewards change?? 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I wouldn't assume a rewards update with glu. But if you aren't desperate for pxp or pennants I'd hold off until at least tomorrow or Friday. If it switches to lxp the wait would be worth it.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    No not desperate.. maybe worth the wait tho 👍🏻
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Oakland live boost is working for anyone who needs some extra oomph. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    5.10 took a couple of attempts but I beat it and I’m only silver so it’s definitely winnable still. 
    I've made it to Verlander 4 more times. Only been curved once out of those. Blew two solid chances bc I didn't wait for another pitch.  I'll get him again. Just leveled my guy to gold/evo spot so when I win again he goes to silver.

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    First time trying to cycle cap on Wednesday. 5 hours and 3k gold later I’m wore out. Some very easy rounds and some hard ones.  even though I doubled the pitchers in the late rounds i got plenty of unhittable pitches/plenty of them in the batters box but were called strikes. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I told myself if it was a 420 prime I would cycle cap as well. Took him to P6 & many cycles later, maxed as well. 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

Good times!

I'm still not cycle capping, but I did beat it again last night. Almost beat it again a third time, but kept popping up when I got to Verlander.

My second win was absolutely nuts. I was in 5.9, started with six straight curves. Didn't see another curve and managed to come back and win it with 2 two outs to start the round. I was pretty giddy.

Get to 5.10 and Verlander was all straight pitches. I would pull the slower ones and hit anything over 90 the other way. Scored got the score to 4-3, loaded the bases, and hit another granny.

So basically, starting at 5.9, I ran off 12 runs in a row to win. Very unusual.

• UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Took forever but I was able to cycle cap(10 in total)
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I cycled 6 times without using even a video restart before the Rays/A's game began.  For the next 3 cycles, I was RNG'd to hell and back on 5.9 and 5.10, having to use multiple restarts and 80g boosts (which was just silly given the ease with which those first 6 cycles went).  So I switched my favorite team over to the A's to get the live boost, and proceeded to complete 4 more cycles with no restarts and only video boosts on 5.9-5.10.  Seems dumb to me that I would need to switch to a live boost, but whatever.

I didn't mention in my whines and summaries above, but last night, I found when I didn't use any boosters, whether video or gold, it seemed the round didn't include as much frickery. I especially quit using it with Petit, and beat him every time after my post above. 

I only used a video boost on 5.9 and 5.10 twice, then stopped. When I won the second time with the 12 straight run thingy, there was no video boost for either.

I didn't switch to a live team because I'm so close in my season to getting that 20K of extra PXP. I intend to use that to boost another attribute to the Legend XP level on one of my top guys.

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I cycled 6 times without using even a video restart before the Rays/A's game began.  For the next 3 cycles, I was RNG'd to hell and back on 5.9 and 5.10, having to use multiple restarts and 80g boosts (which was just silly given the ease with which those first 6 cycles went).  So I switched my favorite team over to the A's to get the live boost, and proceeded to complete 4 more cycles with no restarts and only video boosts on 5.9-5.10.  Seems dumb to me that I would need to switch to a live boost, but whatever.
    similar experience. wouldn't have cycle capped if gio weren't a yankee but alas i did. got stuck in RNG hell on my 9th cycle, took close to an hour and a half to cycle, but finally did, and got through easily on 10 and 11. no gold used on the day though
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    To the PhD above, I mean this in the nicest possible way...use your considerable intellect to move up from silver to gold, and lo, your WOH life shall improve exponentially. It really is the answer to you banging your head against the wall, and it is not that hard to acquire the resources you need to level up. 

Im not saying you can’t beat it at Silver, but it is so much easier in Gold.