Mission Diamond complete , thank you glu forums

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Unfortunately I didn't even start playing this game until the middle of July. Next year will be a different story. At this point I'm just going to try and start saving resources and go from there. From a resource perspective I'm not anywhere CLOSE to making any sort of jump. Just wanted an idea of how much I needed to save up. The last thing I am going to do is jump into a new tier without the resources and struggle. That would make me want to quit.
    Update. Started getting bored with gold. So i decided to start looking all resources last Friday. It’s been five days and I’ll show you where I’m at with saving resources . ( I do 12 hours of woh on Monday and wed and am in a club that top three finishes every day ) With this game having at least five-6 months until 2020 is released I’m going diamond . Not going to rush it. Might spend a month or so in platinum to get the resource pool back ready for diamond . The tentative plan is to go plat sept 8th ( Pom boxes should be released and gives me one more day to cycle hof for lxp ) goal is to bring up two of my legends and two of my primes to p10 and rest of the bxp players I would need. If my math is correct would need 270k pxp and lxp for two players which I should have by then easily . 

Also I think I should be able to cycle woh easily with scoascia and carter maxed ( r/l ) finishers , and lux / Santana who are 420 with good skills capped ( lefty and switch ) and rest bxp players capped at p10
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Nothing easy about that......we’re getting s bump and screws are going to be tightened.  Game is flooded with legends and glu will counter that with increased difficulty.  I’m plat now and you won’t have an easy time for awhile I’m afraid.  
    bigvivec said:
    Nothing easy about that......we’re getting s bump and screws are going to be tightened.  Game is flooded with legends and glu will counter that with increased difficulty.  I’m plat now and you won’t have an easy time for awhile I’m afraid.  
    @bigvivec I’m starting to think you are one of those glass half empty type of people . It is my understanding with equal players ( say 2 two capped legends and two capped primes with min 12/12 skills  ) when compared to a level ( gold vs plat ) it will be easier on platnium. When I was cycling classic at gold I did it with aaaaaallllloooootttt less ( maybe 1-2 uncapped primes ) . I think the first time I completed HOF my finishers weren’t that strong ( let’s be real HOF is about your last 4 ) 

i also could care care less about pulling new players out of boxes and being able to level them. I want to get stronger . I don’t care if it takes time. Listen I plan on making the jump with at least 10 mill blue cash and 300k lxp/pxp and 1 mill bxp . AT LEAST 

i played end game world world of Warcraft for years. At end game you could go three weeks before getting a slight upgrade to your character. The thought of spinning my wheels in gold and spending tons of money to get that super rare legend ( who cap out in gold at str ), I’m good. I’m not your average player. I sit down and play woh 12 hours straight twice a week. 

While i I appreciate your concern. I got this
    Yes my end game is to go diamond ....
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited September 2019

@MoenPDC I think you have exactly the right attitude.  I jumped to platinum maybe 5 weeks ago (long after July) and was able to bring 2 prime hitters and 3 BXP guys to P.10 immediately.  That was more than enough to freely cycle Classic on Mondays, which helped me level new BXP guys twice a week (as Royale was still giving BXP players then) and continue to stockpile resources.  I could also beat HOF, though I never tried to cycle it (at the time).

I only stayed in platinum maybe 2-3 weeks total.  I didn't bother leveling any additional players (just the new ones I cycled capped), and just built up BXP, PXP and LXP.  I spammed through BGs so that I could be ready to jump to diamond, and as soon as the month flipped to September and POTM boxes dropped (along with the VIP gift), I jumped to diamond.  I took 2 max 420 primes to D.5, and did the same with POTM Aquino, POTM Alvarez and POTM Clevinger (as an ace for BGs).  I also had built up enough LXP that I brought a max 450 legend to D.5 as well.  That was more than enough to freely cycle both Classic and Royale, which helped me cap at D.10 a couple more BXP and Prime guys and generate enough BXP to bring my POTM guys all the way up to D.10 (and cap POTM Flaherty as well).  This week I finally decided to try cycling HOF, and I cycled 13 times to cap Damon.  I've been diamond for two weeks and I have already re-built stockpiles of 550K BXP and can continually raise ~220K PXP for Royale cycle capping purposes.  I think I am there for LXP as well, as I already have 175K despite having spent ~220K on Monday (pretty much all the LXP I had) to cycle cap Damon.

I think the point is that, in order to jump to the next level, you really only need to bring up enough guys to be able to cycle WOH.  Being able to do that will help you cap new players and re-build your resource base very quickly.  If you time it with POTM drops (which basically give you legend performance for BXP leveling costs), it's even easier.

@MoenPDC I think you have exactly the right attitude.  I jumped to platinum maybe 5 weeks ago (long after July) and was able to bring 2 prime hitters and 3 BXP guys to P.10 immediately.  That was more than enough to freely cycle Classic on Mondays, which helped me level new BXP guys twice a week (as Royale was still giving BXP players then) and continue to stockpile resources.  I could also beat HOF, though I never tried to cycle it (at the time).

I only stayed in platinum maybe 2-3 weeks total.  I didn't bother leveling any additional players (just the new ones I cycled capped), and just built up BXP, PXP and LXP.  I spammed through BGs so that I could be ready to jump to diamond, and as soon as the month flipped to September and POTM boxes dropped (along with the VIP gift), I jumped to diamond.  I took 2 max 420 primes to D.5, and did the same with POTM Aquino, POTM Alvarez and POTM Clevinger (as an ace for BGs).  I also had built up enough LXP that I brought a max 450 legend to D.5 as well.  That was more than enough to freely cycle both Classic and Royale, which helped me cap at D.10 a couple more BXP and Prime guys and generate enough BXP to bring my POTM guys all the way up to D.10 (and cap POTM Flaherty as well).  This week I finally decided to try cycling HOF, and I cycled 13 times to cap Damon.  I've been diamond for two weeks and I have already re-built stockpiles of 550K BXP and can continually raise ~220K PXP for Royale cycle capping purposes.  I think I am there for LXP as well, as I already have 175K despite having spent ~220K on Monday (pretty much all the LXP I had) to cycle cap Damon.

I think the point is that, in order to jump to the next level, you really only need to bring up enough guys to be able to cycle WOH.  Being able to do that will help you cap new players and re-build your resource base very quickly.  If you time it with POTM drops (which basically give you legend performance for BXP leveling costs), it's even easier.
    That’s almost EXACTLY what I was thinking. One thing that made me sad is the guy I just pulled that will be sitting for a long time before leveled up. Thing is he would be on my bench because I have 4 capped legend of. Man this player is sexy for a prime though 

MoenPDC said:
    bigvivec said:
    @bigvivec I’m starting to think you are one of those glass half empty type of people . It is my understanding with equal players ( say 2 two capped legends and two capped primes with min 12/12 skills  ) when compared to a level ( gold vs plat ) it will be easier on platnium. When I was cycling classic at gold I did it with aaaaaallllloooootttt less ( maybe 1-2 uncapped primes ) . I think the first time I completed HOF my finishers weren’t that strong ( let’s be real HOF is about your last 4 ) 

i also could care care less about pulling new players out of boxes and being able to level them. I want to get stronger . I don’t care if it takes time. Listen I plan on making the jump with at least 10 mill blue cash and 300k lxp/pxp and 1 mill bxp . AT LEAST 

i played end game world world of Warcraft for years. At end game you could go three weeks before getting a slight upgrade to your character. The thought of spinning my wheels in gold and spending tons of money to get that super rare legend ( who cap out in gold at str ), I’m good. I’m not your average player. I sit down and play woh 12 hours straight twice a week. 

While i I appreciate your concern. I got this
    LOL....Ain’t nothing to it but to do it.  The game isn’t at the same place it was a month ago. You’ll find out quick enough.  It’s not impossible but it’s going to be harder than you assume that’s for sure.  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @MoenPDC while agree with @bigvivec I’m rooting for you! Will be interesting to revisit this in November or so. Good luck 🍀 
    edited September 2019
    Honestly if your goal is diamond, I’d approach it entirely differently from where you are.  I would start collecting 360bxp players, forget HOF and cycle classic for the player and bxp.  I would not level any primes or legends and would cycle cap the Monday and wed player this week to p10 after leveling my best 4 bxp bats, 2 from each side on Mon.  I’d cycle cap the prime on wed to p10 then next weekend level as many box bxp players as I could to p10.  I’d buy as many POTMs as I could next week and use them as a stepping stone.  Two weeks later I’d do the same for diamond.  I would leave HOF alone for 6 weeks minimum, probably more like 8, cycling classic to bring up a full team of bxp players and leveling up keepers.  All pxp and lxp I’d save until I was set st diamond then I would still wait until I could cycle cap a prime or legend, then keep doing that to build the team. By the end of Nov you should be able to start that.  

......but I’m just one small voice.  IMO the game has passed anyone by who wants to go diamond AND wants to be a viable force.  A person could “make it” leaving gold now, but would need to spend some time in the wilderness during the most exciting parts of the season, missing out on all the “fun” players and just grinding instead.

Im rooting for you......you could fast forward the process with significant money invested but it is what it is.  
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Hehehe...viable force. What exactly does that mean??? 
    edited September 2019
    fahhq2 said:
    Hehehe...viable force. What exactly does that mean??? 
    Meaning someone who can make some noise and contribute in a club format on a daily basis in all events (except slugfest, LOL   🤮). not just rolling up like a hermit and working on perfecting your team.    Would mean grinding classic for dog food numbers rather than HOF multicycle totals or mediocre CvC scoring until you’re able to get back in the capped end of the spectrum.  That’s what I was referring to.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I think the FP rewards changing this week might make gold to diamond quest a little less stressful after VIP and new PoTM boxes this month if you have saved. @bigvivec is on point though if you want to be "THE guy" right away. Not gonna happen.
    Making the move Monday . Here is were my resources are now, plus what I get over next 4 days 
    edited October 2019
    Capped two POTM but a pitcher and closer. Just going to keep buying POTM boxes. Club usually gets first on the weekend . With 30 percent discount hoping to cap two legends and three primes , then remaining bxp and just cycle classic to cap the rest of my bxp players. Question is to go plat Monday before or after woh
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I don’t feel like you have enough resources for a Monday move to plat.. unless u pick up a ton over next 4 days 🤷🏻‍♂️. I could be wrong tho I’m just a silver bottom feeder 😉

I’m plat and your resources are just a little bit more than I go into the weekend with just to play, not to make a move.  I would make the move after Royale (now) so that all your BGs on Thursday go towards your progression and needed resources.  Then you can get the FP on the weekend and level all box players you pick up at 50% off.  I don’t know if the new FP format will be 20 or 30% off all roster players on the weekend....we will have to wait to see for that. I would wait until next week. 7 days from now and save more resources and know how the FP situation will be on the weekend so you can strategize how many to level with the Work week FP and how much to set aside for box players on the weekend.  In the meanwhile you can chase the POTMs and sort those out as they will be your transitional backbone.  Stay where you are and put that 12h of cycling to use on Monday and get 20+ cycles in to lay in resources while you still have a capped squad.  

That’s what I would do.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Without any discounts, you have enough evo to take 3 legends/primes to p1.. enough lxp to get one legend from g10 to p9, and almost two primes to p10. That's completely draining your resources, ofcourse. Also, again without discounts, its 900 gold to get a prime/legend to p1.. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited October 2019
    This is a little more than usual, but generally this is about what I feel I need going into a weekend/Mon WOH in terms of resources just to play and participate.  Really consider taking the FP for the move.....it will save you a lot.

I would reconsider the move;  if I were in your shoes I’d go after legends, level one or two a week to crush scoring in all events and dominate CvC with, cycle cap every player Mon and Wed and be frothing waiting for the imminent release of more sig primes, legends and ATGs.  You just don’t have enough/aren’t generating enough to do much more than struggle for the next month minimum if you press up now.  

If you were not competing at a high level I’d say go for It.....why not....YOLO.  But you can do multiple cycles, you have a dope ass legend heavy team.  You’re contributing in a club that is good enough to take first on Thurs and the weekend and crushing people in CVC.  You might feel like you’re in a rut but what I feel and why I keep chiming in is that I think you’ll regret moving up after all those aspects of the game that you rock right now dry up and you’re left grinding for resources staring down the barrel of a week’s long timeline before you get back to where you have the game by the tail.  

Maybe i should just say you’re resources are half empty................  😂 

Did I do my math wrong ? I used the chart dffb made
    Also anything I would do would include 30 percent discount 
    edited October 2019
    MoenPDC said:
    Did I do my math wrong ? I used the chart dffb made
    Is your plan just to cap four or five guys and go from there?

Edit: I haven't read through this whole thread, I'm sure you've already answered that previously. Sorry! 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    edited October 2019
    I would also like to add, taking a bunch of legends and primes with you to platinum is cool, if your plan is just going Platinum. if your plan is going diamond, which I believe I've seen you mentioned before, that's kind of just a waste of pxp and lxp imo.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    good luck
    My plan was to cap a combination of 4 legend/ primes and rest bxp, grab some potm so I can cycle at platnium easily, prolly just do classic. Stay in platnium 3-4 weeks to rebuild resources, get cash upgrades maxed for the big 4 , save up pxp and lxp after this. Then jump to platnium . Only need a couple big bats so you can at least cycle royale to cycle cap. It’s been just under two weeks saving resources and I spent a little to cycle cap Orlando Cabrera Tuesday mostly cause I’m a huge Red Sox fan and I love him, hindsight shouldn’t have 
    I’m going to redo my math. Maybe I missed something in my original calculations . I should have about 220k lxp and close to 380-400pxp when all is said and done. Bxp I e been spending for guys for club stuff and some potm players but that’s easy to replenish
    Going to be honest getting bored just with the game right now . No challenge