Options

Mission Diamond complete , thank you glu forums

Comments

• Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Without any discounts, you have enough evo to take 3 legends/primes to p1.. enough lxp to get one legend from g10 to p9, and almost two primes to p10. That's completely draining your resources, ofcourse. Also, again without discounts, its 900 gold to get a prime/legend to p1.. 
    @retirepujols you freaked me out, but did you actually do the math because I just did it again . With the 30 percent discount it’s 118k to bring s lxp/pxp player from g10 to p10 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Gotcha. Just remember, it costs 663k pxp/lxp to level a prime or legend from p10 to d-10 (giving full costs here, no discounts included). If you burn all of your pxp/lxp on Monday, how much do you think you can horde in the next 3 to 4 weeks? There won't be any new players of the month, and the current players of the month will be just about done as you're moving to diamond. I'm not saying you can't do it, because you seem to smash the game quite successfully, I'm just saying you may want to rethink spending your pxp/lxp in Platinum vs. Saving it for diamond 🤷🏻‍♂️ it's a tough choice this late in the game, but I'm definitely interested in watching your move 👍🏻

Edit: I mentioned the cost of going from p10 to d-10 simply because it's only a smidge more expensive to take a guy from bronze 1 to diamond 10 using field pass and a weekend discount compared to taking a guy from Platinum 10 to diamond 10 (changes to field pass discount levels have skewed this a bit, we'll have to see what The Weekend field pass discount percentage is now)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    MoenPDC said:
    Without any discounts, you have enough evo to take 3 legends/primes to p1.. enough lxp to get one legend from g10 to p9, and almost two primes to p10. That's completely draining your resources, ofcourse. Also, again without discounts, its 900 gold to get a prime/legend to p1.. 
    @retirepujols you freaked me out, but did you actually do the math because I just did it again . With the 30 percent discount it’s 118k to bring s lxp/pxp player from g10 to p10 
    Yeah, like I said I didn't include any discounted rates. The discounts are up to you, whether it's field pass or a discount club, so I just left that out.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Gotcha. Just remember, it costs 663k pxp/lxp to level a prime or legend from p10 to d-10 (giving full costs here, no discounts included). If you burn all of your pxp/lxp on Monday, how much do you think you can horde in the next 3 to 4 weeks? There won't be any new players of the month, and the current players of the month will be just about done as you're moving to diamond. I'm not saying you can't do it, because you seem to smash the game quite successfully, I'm just saying you may want to rethink spending your pxp/lxp in Platinum vs. Saving it for diamond 🤷🏻‍♂️ it's a tough choice this late in the game, but I'm definitely interested in watching your move 👍🏻

Edit: I mentioned the cost of going from p10 to d-10 simply because it's only a smidge more expensive to take a guy from bronze 1 to diamond 10 using field pass and a weekend discount compared to taking a guy from Platinum 10 to diamond 10 (changes to field pass discount levels have skewed this a bit, we'll have to see what The Weekend field pass discount percentage is now)

True. Here is the thing, It is my understanding that you don't NEED players completely capped in diamond to cycle. Esp Royale. You can spend say 4 weeks cycle capping royale, saving up lxp, get a good finisher or two then start cycling HOF. This game lasts until feb correct? When the new one comes out? that's a long time. I'm literally DONE with my gold team. Almost all legends

I could be wrong, I could regret it, but things are getting super stale at gold

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Experiences vary. For you, that may be the case. this game should run until the end of March, so plenty of time! At the end of the day: 🤬 it.
  • Options
    mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @MoenPDC You are correct.  When I jumped to diamond a few weeks ago, I didn't take anyone all the way to D.10.  I just took 5 guys to D.5: a 450 legend, two 420 primes and 2 POTM.  The rest were primes or BXP guys at P.10, and I was able to freely cycle Classic on Mondays to cycle bap new BXP bats all the way to D.10.  The first time through Royale was a bit tough, but after bumping my skills to 12/12 (they had been 8/8 previously), I could cycle Royale as well.  I don't know if I could have cycled HOF at that point, since I never tried (I didn't have enough LXP to cycle cap a legend, so I didn't see the point in trying).  By week 3 (a week ago this past Monday), I had enough LXP to give cycle capping HOF a try, and I was able to do it.
  • Options
    I may jump to diamond in 3 weeks to get a week or two out of POTM players to get a jump boost to my grind. I play who on mon and wed 12 hours a day...sooooowell see how it goes
  • Options
    double gold weekend with POTM boxes just coming out is perfect timing though
  • Options
    of course ....already leveled Workman as a closer , don’t think cost to level is worth it for a second rp sigh. See what the next box brings 
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

This is what I mean when I say get out the calculator. Taking a brand new /more relevant player is the move rather than pulling up players owned already.  
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    MoenPDC said:

True. Here is the thing, It is my understanding that you don't NEED players completely capped in diamond to cycle. Esp Royale. You can spend say 4 weeks cycle capping royale, saving up lxp, get a good finisher or two then start cycling HOF. This game lasts until feb correct? When the new one comes out? that's a long time. I'm literally DONE with my gold team. Almost all legends

I could be wrong, I could regret it, but things are getting super stale at gold

The game is about to get a bump and get harder.  Higher max players will bring higher pitcher levels in WOH.  
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I say that if you’re bored and want a challenge then go for it. Don’t worry about what we think or our opinions and just do it. 
  • Options
    Yup come Monday it’s happening . Reason for the post was I wanted to get opinions so I do t **** something up too bad, but I think I am where I want to be. Been saving up tons of gold for fan rewards for potm boxes , man I want meadows 
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I have nothing to contribute here, but just wanted to comment that I love this thread.

this game is infinitely more complex and strategic than one would think a simple baseball game could be.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:

This is what I mean when I say get out the calculator. Taking a brand new /more relevant player is the move rather than pulling up players owned already.  
    In general, this would be my approach as well. I wouldn't take a prime/legend that I already have. Instead, I'd use it on new primes/legends. 
    As far as the game getting tougher, I gave up on that idea months ago. '19 is all about being easy. At least, for those with time. @MoenPDCis a grinder. Even though I don't necessarily agree with his approach, '19 rewards grinders and he will be just fine..
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    Allright Ive decided. If I pull Meadows in the 5 boxes I'm buying right when fan rewards hit, I'm buying field pass and going this weekend. . Lets see if luck is with me
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Is your plan to go diamond? If so, dont stay plat. Go right to diamond from now till Sunday night. Use FP with 50%. It can be done easily.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Is your plan to go diamond? If so, dont stay plat. Go right to diamond from now till Sunday night. Use FP with 50%. It can be done easily.

@mwilson829 took a good route and probably going to do something similar . He seems to be doing just fine now in diamond. Can’t use 50 percent because I’m in a reset club and we use Monday’s point multiplier on the weekend 
  • Options
    Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    Man, I'm in the same boat.  All Legend Gold team.... contemplating going Diamond.  This thread has had me thinking hard.  Appreciate all the feedback you have gotten.  Might have to wait a couple weeks and see how it goes for you!
  • Options
    @MoenPDC Yep, I spent about 2-3 weeks in platinum as I made my way to diamond.  That time was spent cycle capping and accruing resources for a quick jump to diamond.  I didn't bother to level any new players while in platinum, just the ones that I needed to ensure I could cycle cap WOH and Royale.  As soon as you have enough BXP and PXP to level 5 POTMs or Primes to D.5 (to permit cycle capping of at least Classic), then I would jump to diamond.
  • Options
    ya spamming potm boxes. So far Got Cole, Flaherty , Workman, Sutter twice ( yes five pitchers ) and Alonso. Is double blowout righty good for ANYTHING in WOH right now, Is Bumgarner on Royale down 4?
  • Options
    Ya I am probably going to only spend maybe 2 weeks in plat so I can have the benefit of at least two weeks of POTM players
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Everyone has to choose their own path, but if it was me, I'd be plat no longer than absolutely necessary. I'd grind thru plat and hit diamond by the weekend, get the 50% off and crush classic. D6 cycles the rest of the week and depending on the situation, I may be ready for hof the following week. If not, rinse and repeat, then I'm ready to cycle cap HoF.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Agreed, why I said it. Unless your club finishes top 3, heck 1st. Then give up the weekend rewards and use the .50% for your players. Blow through Plat and right to diamond.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    73k bxp diff between 50 vs 30%...
  • Options
    @DFBB so the 50 percent only works on new players for that weekend . Though all the new players have been higher level. I may be rethinking this 

Does this sound viable . Leave what prime players , legend players I have to their own devices . I have potm Alonso, goal is to spam buy potm and get meadows and either Jimenez or Suarez or as many as possible. Level them up with my bxp players this Monday when I get field pass and go platnium . Cycle classic like a mother fer on Monday. Spam games all week and for Friday get field pass, join discount, go diamond buy tons of boxes and use 450k prime exp I’ll have by then with 50 percent discount to level a new player ? I mean how far does 450k prime exp get you, one d10 prime ( granted new higher ratings ) what if one of my sig players hit should I use a 30 percent on him if that’s still 30 on Monday? 

Save me all my lxp with at this time to be around 200 until I can cycle hof and use it to cycle cap my first legend 

does this seem viable and more reasonable ?
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    All hinges on getting those PoTM players but yeah, that is a decent strategy. When I went it was a week prior to PoTM release and was able to cap 2 bxp and get Rizzo to d6 over the weekend. Cycled classic like you suggested, picked up Aquino and Alvarez when PoTM released and capped them and pulled Black OPS Rendon on the weekend and capped him. Pretty much same as you though the PoTM box is out already.
  • Options
    I have Alonso already and double gold weekend hit at the right time. Cant believe I pulled 5 pitchers already
  • Options
    kinda wishing I didn't spend all Monday cycle capping Orlando Cabrera now , but I'm a huge red sox fan and he was so huge in 2004 WS win, couldn't help myself
  • Options
    With a FP and a discount club, it costs about 470K PXP to level a weekend box prime from B.1 to D.10.  Only costs about 383K PXP if you stop at D.5.  Also, with all the BGs you'll be spamming to get through platinum, you should be generating a ton of gold that can be used on PXP and POTM boxes, which will help gather additional resources.

For what it's worth, I think it's the right idea to leave most of your current players behind.  They cost too much to level, and the new players that come out going forward will be better than your old players anyway.  Indeed, the legend and primes I brought up to D.5 when I first went diamond are still at D.5 several weeks later. I brought several POTMs to D.10, and have cycle capped several more new guys to D.10, but those old guys are still sitting back at D.5.