OCTOBER VIP GIFT

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @dkarski87 Well... I just have a special place in my heart for Nolan Ryan lol. And yeah, only 2 that weren't HOF cycle caps- Nolan and Kruk.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    OK fair enough.  I pulled Giambi yesterday and Alex told me not to cap him. Now I wish I did after seeing you cap a pitcher. Ty alex!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Very appreciative-thanks Glu. Now maybe @25Jackie can level up some players and make CvC an actual contest next time 😎
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    I got Altuve, Cruz, Chapman, Gonzales and Deshields. 1st world problems.  
    Need more Living Legends!
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Well, I opened 50 of those Hot Hair boxes.  Stupid me, trying to chase Mike Schmidt.  It is like they knew I was coming.  I am a math guy so I understand probably, and each pull is independ of the others, but through an old man a bone, no legends or primes?  I've never had a streak like this, 3 pity timers 360 bxp Players Delino Deshields, and 2 Dillon Peters, and a big ol 5/15 staring back at me on the pitty time.  I am not sure whether to cry or take a nap.
    Decision made, I choose both, later fellas.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I am not a VIP, but love seeing everyone's post about the gifts and their pulls.
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    Could use some help making a decision.  With the VIP gift I have enough LXP to level two players after I jump to gold (gonna wait till newsletter reward comes through).  I will cap Carew (lefty 470 max) and Baylor (righty 470 max).  After newsletter reward I may b close to capping a third.   Should I cap bagwell (righty 470 max) or mookie (450 max but a switch hitter).  He may b a better option for WOH. Thoughts?
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Do I cap Seager or chase Breg? 
    I pulled Cruz too tho 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Seeing these VIP posts each month make me so sad... and sick. Sick because I just got to level 9 this morning in all star and KNOW I will not spend the $300(ish) more to make it to level 10. Sick that I spent as much as I did and am still not there. Sick to see all those XP's. 

On the other hand I am so happy for those that are VIP because they have earned it. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Spending 0 gold again this weekend just can’t pull the trigger on these players even at silver. Pulled nothing from vip gift other than goldy which I’m happy with. Nice vip gift worth the wait 👍🏻🙂 Looking forward to Monday Hof 

Nice pull @JEDDDOGGY 😬👏
  • ZaneJ78ZaneJ78 Registered Users, Member 369 Posts
    Now bring on the newsletter gifts!!
    Need more Living Legends!
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Dang seeing these vip gifts I need to pull out some money and get to vip. I’m only allstar 9 rn, maybe I’ll save up my money and go all out !!
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Spending 0 gold again this weekend just can’t pull the trigger on these players even at silver. Pulled nothing from vip gift other than goldy which I’m happy with. Nice vip gift worth the wait 👍🏻🙂 Looking forward to Monday Hof 

Nice pull @JEDDDOGGY 😬👏
    But if the Cards win their series Sunday, doesn’t Ozuna get bumped to 450? Might be tempting to spend a little 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Round 2!  

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I liked getting POTM boxes better than these weekend boxes. Just my preference. This was the last set of POTMs too. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Pulled Nolan Ryan.  Love him, and I am within shouting distance of the LXP I would need to cap him, but I just can't see spending all of my LXP on a pitcher (even one as good as him).  My POTM Cole and Flaherty have ERAs of 0.12 and 0.24, respectively, and have pitched complete games every time out so far.  Could a max 490 Nolan Ryan really been any more effective than that?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    davidwg1 said:
    Could use some help making a decision.  With the VIP gift I have enough LXP to level two players after I jump to gold (gonna wait till newsletter reward comes through).  I will cap Carew (lefty 470 max) and Baylor (righty 470 max).  After newsletter reward I may b close to capping a third.   Should I cap bagwell (righty 470 max) or mookie (450 max but a switch hitter).  He may b a better option for WOH. Thoughts?
    Depends on how quickly you can reload on lxp. If I had to choose, I would actually value Mookie more than Bagwell because of his versatility and WoH friendly skills. Given your situation(you can already cap two elite legends), I wouldn't cap Bags or Mookie if it meant sacrificing the ability to cap a potential new legend.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • davidwg1davidwg1 Registered Users, Member 59 Posts
    Yeah haven’t gotten any new legends in a bit but I have a lineup full of them (all except SS). 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    I pulled a barnload.....leveled these two so far.....only cause the only thing better than one 3b is two.......

That Breg is almost a 470 guarantee 
    Was in the mood and bought 3 more....hit on one and 3.....

And then this guy who I haven’t levwled yet.......

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Just hit my VIP.  Cool. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    tshea510 said:

Nice pull @JEDDDOGGY 😬👏
    But if the Cards win their series Sunday, doesn’t Ozuna get bumped to 450? Might be tempting to spend a little 🤷‍♂️
    Yeah true... he might be worth the gamble. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    From the VIP gift round 1 I pulled signature Acuna and a 360. Will hold Acuna until Sunday to see if a chance of Braves taking a 2-1 series lead and then going to a 30% club to level him up. Actually not really sure since I doubt they would in that case beat the Dodgers to take him to 470, and as it is I already have in the OF a 450, another 450 and a 470. So Acuna really only helpful if Braves win the WS (good luck with that).
    Then from VIP round 2 I got another 360 and the 490 Cepeda (1B) and his not-so-good skills. Not going to use him since this week I got 470 Cecil Cooper with double late inning skills and he is already at S10.
    So thank you GLU for a very nice gift. All in all, the resources were very nice and so were the boxes. Didn't pull anything special (for me) but I didn't really like anything from the boxes. 
    Seager is capped just the wait for 470 now lol 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Just picked this guy but don’t know what to do with him.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    A legend pitcher is never a necessity, so it depends on your resources & interest in scoring weekend points. It is a cool image and an actual elite legend among some questionable ones. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    And then this guy who I haven’t levwled yet.......

Nolan Ryan?  Cool name for a player!  Is he famous or something!!??  😂