VIP Newsletter (Promise of Version Update this Week)

More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

I assumed that that the update would come today, but doesn’t look like it.  So is it safe to assume it will be Friday morning then, considering all of the Division Series will be completed by Thursday, even if they go 5 games?

That’s my best projection now, but I’m never right with Glu, so we’ll see.  🤷‍♂️
Prev134

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Cool, any odds you could share the rest of the text from the newsletter?
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Usually the updates come on Thursday.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I still haven’t received my vip newsletter 🥺. Any chance there was mention of atg’s? 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Iirc, all updates have dropped either on a Tuesday or a Thursday. Here's hoping today is the day!

@mythicaldragon no Atg reference.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Have we been promised ATGs? Maybe they aren't going to have them this year?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Someone brought up a valid point. When we had ATGs last year. The joy of having them was that they got better each month. Its October GLU, we get to enjoy ATGs for the last 3 months? lol. Defeats the purpose of having them TBH. They dont have the same value they did last year, if they ever release them.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    edited October 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Have we been promised ATGs? Maybe they aren't going to have them this year?
    They will be out. As mentioned, it's unfortunate that they've waited this long. Ideally, they would've been released a couple of months ago and they'd ride the off season with new ATGs every two weeks or whatever. 

@dkarski87 The ATGs were amazing when they first popped, but at the end of the year, they weren't that great for many of us. Here's hoping that they will be amazing till the end.
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Do atg use bxp, lxp or pxp?
    MoenPDC said:
    Lxp, but the catch you needed special evo to level them up. Only available in mystery boxes.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Don't worry about the XP & start saving up for the special EVO that they need for leveling up. Way too expensive and as @dkarski87 pointed out it's too late to enjoy them anyway. My guess is they want to milk the WS edition players all they can before releasing ATGs.
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Lxp, but the catch you needed special evo to level them up. Only available in mystery boxes.
    That wasn’t the only catch. It’s 50% more LXP than a normal legend as well, at least it was in 2018
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    They definitely waited too long on the ATGs. Had they been released in July, it might have made sense to chase one and watch him rise from 450, to 470, to now 490, and on. But as it is, the first one will probably be a 500, and they’ll have relatively little upwards mobility until the end of the game.  Last year they capped out at 550, and even then, there were a bunch of 550 players out who were much, much cheaper to acquire and level. Given the cost of the specialty evo, I have zero motivation to chase an ATG, especially because I’m sure the pull rate will be low. 

I will be pumped if I luck into an ATG, but I won’t be in a rush to level him. He will just be a potential keeper. 
    Metsicans said:
    They definitely waited too long on the ATGs. Had they been released in July, it might have made sense to chase one and watch him rise from 450, to 470, to now 490, and on. But as it is, the first one will probably be a 500, and they’ll have relatively little upwards mobility until the end of the game.  Last year they capped out at 550, and even then, there were a bunch of 550 players out who were much, much cheaper to acquire and level. Given the cost of the specialty evo, I have zero motivation to chase an ATG, especially because I’m sure the pull rate will be low. 

I will be pumped if I luck into an ATG, but I won’t be in a rush to level him. He will just be a potential keeper. 
    For reasons that make no sense outside of my wishful thinking, I'm guessing that they will cap out at 600. Whatever happens, I just hope it happens soon.
    @DFBB thanks. I have really looked forward to atg’s this year and have saved a ton of gold to chase them. It’s very unfortunate they haven’t been released and with no mention of them in vip news letter I don’t think we will see them this month. Very disappointed 😔 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We try never to release a new version on Friday.  Unfortunately there's a track record of the most random things being broken, and we'd rather release it in the beginning or middle of the week so we can quickly put out fires as we pride ourselves into actually giving our employees their weekends off.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    So it sounds like the update should be today or tomorrow then...
    @superbaldy77
    Here is the entire newsletter:

Part 2pe your comment
    Part 3

Part 4

So not much coming in update. 
    I’m hoping there is much more than that and they are just keeping it a surprise 🤞
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    the special thing about ATGs last year was they frequent boosts to their numbers, which kept them relevant all the way to the end, usually as your top players (in general). This year we have keepers that are pretty much an ATG, so unless ATGs this year add something "else" to make them special, I don't see any special appeal in shelling lots of gold chasing them or their special evo ands the extra legend xp it usually takes to level them up
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @tocopan18 Keepers have yet to be at the top of the player curve all year. They are middling players at best. Currently the best ones are (I believe) 468 max which isn’t even as good as the current 2nd tier legends which are 470. And this is with the most recent bump for them still being pretty fresh (beginning of this month).
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    I would still like to get an ATG this year to bring as a Keeper to ‘20. Never got one last year.
    tocopan18 said:
    the special thing about ATGs last year was they frequent boosts to their numbers, which kept them relevant all the way to the end, usually as your top players (in general). This year we have keepers that are pretty much an ATG, so unless ATGs this year add something "else" to make them special, I don't see any special appeal in shelling lots of gold chasing them or their special evo ands the extra legend xp it usually takes to level them up
    The speed for keepers will always hold them down. They were amazing for me for most of the year and I credit them for making the transition from each tier very smooth. However, their time as a core part of my team has come and gone. Once upon a time, I felt they were the most important building blocks. Now, they're nice luxuries. Projecting forward, a 510 legend(on the current path) will be similar in 'hit' to a fully capped 540 Ichiro. It's one player, but it gives you an idea of how to value them moving forward. Ironically, I love my keeper SP(Gibson). He's been elite all year and that trend should continue.
  • Mickey01023Mickey01023 Registered Users 54 Posts
    What’s an ATG & BTH?
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    I never played '18, but from reading here and elsewhere online it sounds like one of the biggest complaints regarding ATGs was that their max overall was the same as other high end players. So you could go to the trouble of chasing an ATG SS, land him, spend a bunch more on the special EVO to level him - and then pull a "regular" legend/prime/bxp SS with the same max overall and possibly better skills, leaving the ATG on the bench.

With how long ATG's have been delayed, I'm thinking their max overall will be noticeably higher than any other legend/prime/bxp player they release. Like if legends cap at 550, then ATGs cap at 600. 

I also can't help but wonder if the method for levelling them changes. Maybe a special ATG xp? Sounds like most people didn't like the costs with the special EVO, and adding yet another type of xp we need to acquire seems like it would be in line with how TSB '19 has progressed. 

I am definitely excited to see what happens. 
    Soooo still no update? 🤨 jeeesh 
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    What’s your guys thoughts on Black Friday deals? Any chance we see bxp players like last year? I’m guessing no but you never know with this game.