WoH for 10-7-19: Konerko!

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm spending a ton of gold that I otherwise would not be if they had live boost. This is total crap.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    edited October 2019
    When did Ryan Buchter become this difficult? ugh
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    criffy said:
    COWPILEY said:
    is HOF difficulty similar this week ?
    seems a tiny bit harder for me at gold at 6.9/6.10, but still able to get through
    Easy till 6-10.  All cork screw pitches from Oswalt. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    HOF 6.9 and 6.10 totally suck today.
    I got Legend Mookie against Sutcliffe....my "great hitting matchup" nets me 3 up, 3 down over and over. Damn.
    Bring back Dock Ellis - that guy gave up homer after homer.
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Did it with no gold. Hooray for live boost. Not sure about cycle capping though. See where it ends up, 30% FP discount helps. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I gave up on HOF for now after getting my ass handed to me by Paxton and took on classic to cap. I seem to love the pain and frustration of the game so I am sure I will come back for another few attempts.  
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @KSMETS Paxton's ready for the Astros, better be handing you some L's ;)
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Scioscia w/ 12/12 is getting destroyed by Sutcliffe over and over. This is so bullshit
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Silver team, beat HOF for the first time today. I spent gold on boosts at 6.9 and 6.10 and then more gold on restarts. Cecil Cooper (w 10/10) didn't even come close to beating Oswalt the first 4 times, and then, just before my live boost was about to end, I finally got through on the 5th try.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I won't sniff 6.10 today. Getting curved every time. Pulled within a run just now with no outs. My reward? 9 straight unhittable curves. Could not even touch one to try and get a run home. When this game determines you will lose, you will lose. Nothing you can do about it.

Oh, my matchup favorability is more than double. Almost 2.5. Been curved out of 6.9 six times now.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Got a brand new glitch (for me anyways) today...of course...on HOF Round 6.10. Scioscia vs. Oswalt.
    I'm down 6-4. Man on 2nd. Two out. Scioscia gets jammed with a cutter on the fists. He pops it up towards third base...thirdbaseman comes in...ball goes about 30 feet in the air....drops in fair just inside the line...rolls past thirdbaseman...into leftfield foul territory....and then the ball just sits there. No foul ball / no single / no one picks it up.
    Nothing left to do but to restart the app.
    Thanks glu.
    BobdylanFan, I had that happen to me too earlier, but on a double. Hit it off that giant damn wall in RF and the view of the hit just froze and the ball bounced away. Game is telling me I scored two runs (bases were loaded) and I have won, but it just froze with a shot of the wall. Thank goodness it was only 6.2 or 6.3. Can't remember which.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I should be credited with an inside the park homer if no one is gonna pick up the ball....I'm sure my Scioscia kept running...lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Incorrect as players are only programmed to run unceasingly from 3rd base on ground balls back to the pitcher.
    Of course my next foray in HOF 6.10 ended in an app crash from my video boost. Needless to say, it was time to turn off the game and go out and do yard work for a bit....
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    edited October 2019
    So lost to 6-10 Oswalt 5 times with 40 or 80 gold boost.  Said screw it the 6th time.  No boost.  Beat Oswalt. 

I won. I finally frigging won. MoFo curved me out with the score 6-6 bases loaded and one out. I wanted to scream I was so effing mad. Six straight Krukster couldn't even hit.

Went to extras. Double and a HR. Two pitches. Done.

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

I'm not a capped legend virgin anymore 😃
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Still can’t get through HoF 5.10  😩 I think I’m gonna have a stroke if I keep trying... but glu had mercy on me a gave me a legend from the video achievements reward.  
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts

I'm not a capped legend virgin anymore 😃
    It's so beautiful.  Think I'm gonna tear up :'(      but with more of a smile.
    Just no.  
    What exactly is cycle capping? Is that just beating it so many times you can cap him with out spending resources?
    What exactly is cycle capping? Is that just beating it so many times you can cap him with out spending resources?
    Lol, that would be NUTS! It's basically just taking the player to a certain level, and then taking him the rest of way via multiple cycles. (Ie take him to d1, then cycle 9 more times to d10)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Congrats @retirepujols
    Finally joined the big boy club myself today:

• JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    I punched my club ticket as well. Even made him do the work on his last upgrade. Konerko was awesome, used him on x.9 & x.10 of every level to see if he had any weakness. Dominated...whether he had 0, 1, or 2 skills active at start. 
    I have been having lots of fun this evening. Haven't been getting curved to death. Got through again, but it took four tries in 6.10. I've made it back to 6 again, going to try one more before the live boost stops.

@JCAM80 you inspired me to try this 

But my balls were not large enough to try him again at 6.10 😂 maybe next week 
    @retirepujols ok that makes way more sense😂. I was over here thinking wow these guys can cycle that many times in one day 
    Well, a lot of guys do come out AHEAD in LXP by cycling their faces off. In classic, you can come out WAY ahead with a lot fewer cycles; but cash/Evo/gold are still spent. For me, I took Konerko to d4 just to play it safe and ended up doing 9 cycles. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If I can get my hands on some Adderall, I'll try the 15+ cycle trend one day 🤪
  • KevoTheGiantKevoTheGiant Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
     I’m happy they bumped it up to 470 for the reward but I just would have loved a lefty. Konerko will be great for cvc tho!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
     I’m happy they bumped it up to 470 for the reward but I just would have loved a lefty. Konerko will be great for cvc tho!
    He's great for WOH too.  Not my choice for 6-10 but used him at 6-9 without any struggles even before I had him capped.  

R/R matchups for WOH really don't bother me.  As long as the two skills are there I find it doesn't really hurt you.  

But you're right he should be a CvC stud.  Personally I love his skills, pretty versatile.