Chances of Hall of fame woh?

dingers4lifedingers4life Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
not sure how possible it is in silver. but i believe i have a pretty stacked lineup with all skills atleast to 8 if not more. Is this a lineup with enough beef to take down HOF

Comments

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    It's not impossible, but you'll have to get creative and have plenty of gold on hand.  Trouble with your lineup is you don't have nearly enough righty killers and Level 6 HOF is righty heavy.  A boosted Realmuto is probably your only real shot at 6-10 and skills will need to be fairly high, and you'll need a live boost.  You might have to triple up on Realmuto and use him for 6-8, 6-9 and 6-10 just to even get there.  I just don't see any of your other guys beating 6-8 or higher, they're either just not high enough or only going to have one skill.

Unless you have a good 5,000 or more gold that you want to throw at beating HOF once I would probably try to build a WOH lineup that will be stronger against RHP first.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I can tell you right now that lineup is primed to get curved out of every final round. You have a great team, don't get me wrong, but until you up their attributes to at least 12 or more, you won't get a pitch to hit when you get to the big boys. 9 straight unhittable pitches is a common theme with me and I am silver.  I finally won WoH HoF yesterday, but had my top three guys all at 12+ on attributes, plus live boost, plus video boost.

Even with "favorable matchups" that were sometimes 2.5 times the pitcher, I was still getting curved out a good bit.

The game, especially WoH, is clearly "geared" toward forcing you to go gold. I am currently stashing resources to try and make that move. If I can't then I have a plan for 2020.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    You need better bats against RHP. 6.8-10 are all righty.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’ve asked this before, but is it confirmed that the skill level actually dictates the pitches you see?  Ie curve vs fastball?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Yes. It entirely dictates your pitches served. 
    Is it the overall skill upgrade rating?  Or the particular skill that dictates it?
  • bryzzo1744bryzzo1744 Registered Users, Member 58 Posts
    yes its possible.  I cycle with this lineup in silver
    Yes. It entirely dictates your pitches served. 
    Is it the overall skill upgrade rating?  Or the particular skill that dictates it?

Combo of both are factored in. Make sure too when you get to the high rounds you have guys that have attributes that never turn off. For example, I have Kruk as my main Round 10 guy because his two attributes are hit/power vs Righties. I have both attributes up to 13 now.

When you start each round, after the pitcher is introduced, your batter's skills will be compared. If you have a favorable matchup, it will tell you. A favorable matchup is what you need to get a fair shot at it, but it doesn't guarantee anything.

I have had MANY situations where my matchup favorability was something like 360 to 120 on final rounds and I would still see nine straight unhittable pitches at some point. Sometime the game will just save you a ton of grief and just start curving you out from the first pitch, with the round starting with one, two, or three automatic outs.

If you see that consistently, keep upgrading your attributes and upgrade your hitting/power before the match starts with a video boost. I quit using gold as I found that was just a waste. I used gold many times, only to still get curved out anyway.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    not sure how possible it is in silver. but i believe i have a pretty stacked lineup with all skills atleast to 8 if not more. Is this a lineup with enough beef to take down HOF

You will have a pretty tough time, I wont sugarcoat it.

First of all, its just harder in silver.  Impossible no, harder yes.  

Second of all since the last 3 a Right you will need some elite lefty bats and I unfortunately dont 3 of them in your lineup.  Your JT might be the best one and I'm not sure how high you have his skills (getting skills above 12 is tough on keepers).  I'd prioritize getting lefty bats with skills that stack for woh.
  • dingers4lifedingers4life Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    thanks all for the comments, ill make sure to start trying to get those lefty batters then and focus on leveling them up
    Oh, you will want about 6-7 of them, BTW. That is my biggest struggle, and right now I'm not buying boxes or going for fan rewards until I see a shot at a decent lefty with good attributes.

Having lefties isn't nearly as important as having two active skills.  You can throw lefties at a 6-10 righty all day long but if they have one CvsC skill and one RISP skill you're not going to win.  
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Silver skews things a bit as it’s just math, not as much separation of ratings.  You’ll want at least one premium LHB, two preferably as JT leveled and skilled enough will be fine (my personal experience RvR isn’t too bad while at least for me LvL was always awkward to hit).  Platoon advantage is always nice but having 2 active skills more often than not is sufficient for winning.
    Having lefties isn't nearly as important as having two active skills.  You can throw lefties at a 6-10 righty all day long but if they have one CvsC skill and one RISP skill you're not going to win.  

I don't know man. I can tell you from my experience, having tried everything imaginable for several weeks, that you are more likely to get curved out in the last two or three rounds if the matchup isn't righty vs lefty or vice versa.

For example, I have Rizzuto. Won him out of a box, luckily. His two attributes are Who. I have him capped and both attributes at 12. He is a beast against any pitcher, unless I try to use him in the last two or three rounds against a righty. It will always show me with a favorable matchup to start, but if it is a righty, I get curved out with the quickness. I've used Rizzuto MANY times to clear 4.10 and 5.10, usually winning the first time.

In round 6 of HoF, he is pretty useless now after 6.7. I messed up twice yesterday and needed him on 6.8, only to be curved out both times. Once on nine straight to start the round, the second time I got a couple of men on, then curved out nine straight again. I put that mistake on me and made sure not to have those matchups again that late.

• spoomanspooman Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I’ve asked this before, but is it confirmed that the skill level actually dictates the pitches you see?  Ie curve vs fastball?
    Please elaborate. 

I don't know man. I can tell you from my experience, having tried everything imaginable for several weeks, that you are more likely to get curved out in the last two or three rounds if the matchup isn't righty vs lefty or vice versa.

For example, I have Rizzuto. Won him out of a box, luckily. His two attributes are Who. I have him capped and both attributes at 12. He is a beast against any pitcher, unless I try to use him in the last two or three rounds against a righty. It will always show me with a favorable matchup to start, but if it is a righty, I get curved out with the quickness. I've used Rizzuto MANY times to clear 4.10 and 5.10, usually winning the first time.

In round 6 of HoF, he is pretty useless now after 6.7. I messed up twice yesterday and needed him on 6.8, only to be curved out both times. Once on nine straight to start the round, the second time I got a couple of men on, then curved out nine straight again. I put that mistake on me and made sure not to have those matchups again that late.

@drsmartassphd
    Are you at Silver?  If so I think that's probably the biggest hindrance.  

Here's my opinion/perspective:  The lower you are, the more you need THE top guys available for HOF.  If there are 490s, your 450s and 470s become useless for 6-8 and higher in a hurry at Silver.  

At Diamond, you have much, much more leeway.  I used a 434 keeper Hosmer with double RHP and he was very successful at both 6-9 and 6-10 especially when I boosted and had the live game boost.  

Granted, that's a L/R matchup too, but I also did use Konerko once on 6-9 yesterday and he completed it without being retired once.  

I am not saying that you don't want a L/R matchup -- skills being equal, that's what I'd prefer, I just hate seeing guys disqualify perfectly winnable matchups because they're R/R.  But as far as other HOF difficulties go, I would go so far as to say that HOF WOH isn't designed to be cycle capped by Silver players.  Not sure about gold.  At Diamond,  if you've got enough gold to cover for the day and even half decent closers,  you can pretty much get through as much as your time allows.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    This is exactly right.  Here's an example: Max 450 Rizzuto will have something like 224 hit and 200 power at S.10.  If you assume both skills are at 12, that means without video/live boost, he is somewhere in the range of 278 hit and 248 power when both skills are active.  If my math is right, late-round pitchers are somewhere in the neighborhood of 156 OVR (and their stuff rating is probably even higher).  So S.10 Rizzuto certainly has a favorable matchup, but he's "only" about 110-115 points higher in terms of OVR.

At diamond, both players' OVR jumps, but the batter jumps significantly higher.  The same pitcher will be something like 350 OVR, but Rizzuto's hit and power jump all the way to 509 and 454.  Once skills are active, that jumps to 631 hit and 563 power.  So at D.10, Rizzuto now has a matchup difference of something like 250 points.  and that's before you add in the 44+ additional levels of team upgrades to Hitting Coach, Trainer, Clutch and In the Zone (which make an even bigger difference).

WOH is designed to make you jump levels to have more success.  

Well I'm stashing and hoping for the best. I just think I started too late for that now.

Either way, a solid 2020 plan is already in place to be at Gold or higher within a couple of months.

edited October 2019
    @drsmartassphd

It's honestly not so bad.  I used to be the exact same as you.  Probably worse.  I was ultra conservative about moving up, I was not upgrading until I could fully max out my entire lineup and bench.  

Then I finally realized that was just not going to happen and went for it.  It's agonizing when you finally decide to level up after waiting so long.  

But, the game which had become stale became fun again.  There were new goals, new objectives, and new ways to build a high team at the next level.  Resources didn't stop becoming a problem, they never do.  But I became extremely choosy about who I leveled up.  EVO hunting between events became a daily thing.  EVO doesn't ever have to be a problem.  

This game is really only about half over.  There's a ton of time left, and yes, plenty of time to go higher if you want.  There's good strategies out there for how to tackle the next level and if you ever were to screenshot your roster and resources I'm sure plenty of guys here would be happy to send you in the right direction.  If you're a heavy grinder,  you're playing WOH constantly on Monday and Wednesday, and you don't mind cranking out some bonus games every day, Diamond is where you want to get to.  It also really helps the game from getting too stale.  
    If you're more of a casual player, I can understand the hesitation.

Silver really is 90% of why WOH has become such a challenge for you.  I know the resources required seem insurmountable, but there are tricks around it.  I cycled HOF 10 times on Monday which is a lower amount compared to what some of the guys here can, but I couldn't do it without being creative.  I had to pay gold to use my closer for 6-8, 6-9, and 6-10.  Cost me about 10K gold for those plus boosts plus continues all day,  but that's nothing for a Diamond team.  I'm not much of a spender, either. 

Ultimately,  obviously, it's your team and your call!  Just letting you know there's plenty of help here and elsewhere if you ever do decide to make the leap!
    @Wicked, thanks for the advice!! Still stashing up. Part of the "problem" I have now is that I started pretty much right at the time the legends were coming out. I pretty much have a legend at each spot except 2B and 3B. And I also have a bench full of them too.