VIP Newsletter (Promise of Version Update this Week)

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts

Soooo still no update? 🤨 jeeesh 

Everybody seems to be saying it is going to be tomorrow.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I never played '18, but from reading here and elsewhere online it sounds like one of the biggest complaints regarding ATGs was that their max overall was the same as other high end players. So you could go to the trouble of chasing an ATG SS, land him, spend a bunch more on the special EVO to level him - and then pull a "regular" legend/prime/bxp SS with the same max overall and possibly better skills, leaving the ATG on the bench.

With how long ATG's have been delayed, I'm thinking their max overall will be noticeably higher than any other legend/prime/bxp player they release. Like if legends cap at 550, then ATGs cap at 600. 

I also can't help but wonder if the method for levelling them changes. Maybe a special ATG xp? Sounds like most people didn't like the costs with the special EVO, and adding yet another type of xp we need to acquire seems like it would be in line with how TSB '19 has progressed. 

I am definitely excited to see what happens. 
    ATG were advertised as always getting bumped to a higher max than any new player released so they would get bumped but timing on that was not consistent. Now as far as those "complaints" about their max overalls not being the highest goes, you've probably been reading some of @DFBB 's old posts. Don't want to say he was COMPLAINING A LOT or RANTING about that, but that issue was one of the ones that kickstarted his rise to forum fame & overlord stature 😏

@Bigpredfan & @dkarski87 , care to back me up on this one?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Thanks @JEDDDOGGY 👍🏻 Hope so 😬🤞
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Thanks @JEDDDOGGY 👍🏻 Hope so 😬🤞
    I don't recall an update being on any day other than a Thursday(since '18) and they did say this week.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Any update on the update?
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    I’m sure there will be more on it in the next newsletter. 
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY and @DFBB
    I agree with both of you BUT, I meant top players as a general rule. Not everybody has the latest 470/490 legends or any other top tier player in each position so for lots of people (maybe most people) as soon as they get a boost, keepers become some of their top players (assuming they keeper was a 535-550 player last year). So, unless when the keepers get their increase you already have 5+ players that are already higher that them, they become relevant again. And yes, their speed is higher than it should be, but they are still solid players for most people.
    When they got their last boost, Rizzuto was my main WOH closer at 450 (already had 2x 470s but not as good skills). After the boost, keeper Suzuki became 459 with same skills as Rizzuto. More speed, but more power and a bit less hit. So now my closer was not so clear. A week later I got 470 Cecil Cooper with closing skills and low speed, so again, he became my new top. 
    Just saying, it depends on how lucky you are pulling top players (or how much gold/money you spend chasing them).

My legend is a different story because of the 1 skill only. Otherwise it would be even more important than the keepers.

Probably safe to assume the update not happening today since they like to have time to fix issues before weekend event.. u know since they pride their selves in giving their employees the weekend off. 
    Oooooh well... next week 😉
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    We caught some bad bugs in the builds we were testing.  We're gonna have to delay until next week.
    That’s for sure.. ⬆️
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    In all seriousness I am glad its being tested and made sure things are running smoothly as opposed to releasing just for the sake of releasing it.  Look forward to it next hopefully.
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    As an outsider, this is peak Glu, and I love it.
    In all seriousness I am glad its being tested and made sure things are running smoothly as opposed to releasing just for the sake of releasing it.  Look forward to it next hopefully.
    Yes and no. Don’t tease it in the September newsletter, not release it, tease it again in the October newsletter, tell your users it’s coming this week, then not release it. 
    Yes and no. Don’t tease it in the September newsletter, not release it, tease it again in the October newsletter, tell your users it’s coming this week, then not release it. 
    All while we’re still waiting on extra bases to be fixed. I need some use for my 1400 franchise coins
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    That's fair completely.  I am just saying at this point it makes more sense to make sure its right.   Missing a self promised deadline is probably less of an issue then an update which could cause a lot of bugs for its users.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    So why in the newsletter state its coming out this week. Kind of 101 in software deployment, get a good stable and tested build before you tell your paying customers its coming out. Not to mention where are your beta testers? If its bugs are showing  up in deployment than get a staging server to test deployments. For a business making millions and and dont want their employees to work weekends and  promote a release that is still buggy is well inexcusable. 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited October 2019
    So why in the newsletter state its coming out this week. Kind of 101 in software deployment, get a good stable and tested build before you tell your paying customers its coming out. Not to mention where are your beta testers? If its bugs are showing  up in deployment than get a staging server to test deployments. For a business making millions and and dont want their employees to work weekends and  promote a release that is still buggy is well inexcusable. 
    Here's a 101 on the ins and outs of live service in mobile gaming.

In mobile gaming, betas are done in territories prior to a 1.0 release.  We're way passed that now and can only do internal testing.

Getting a good stable build is one thing.  Getting both Apple and Google to approve the build and make it downloadable is another thing.  Making sure everything in the build is authorized by the MLB is another thing.  There's checks and balances, and if there's one pass and another fail somewhere else -- we have to start the process over again.  This process isn't done in an hour especially since we have to rely on departments outside our own company.
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Ok, but in the meantime you guys could update season rewards, add pxp to slugfest and royale woh...
    Things like this don’t help people keep their wallets open.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    whammo911 said:
    Ok, but in the meantime you guys could update season rewards, add pxp to slugfest and royale woh...
    And make CVC rewards better - they haven't really changed since April.......
    benny100 said:
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah 1050 BXP for a match win for a platinum club isn’t ideal. Gotta keep em buying those pxp boxes. Can’t make it too easy. 
    benny100 said:
    whammo911 said:
    Yeah 1050 BXP for a match win for a platinum club isn’t ideal. Gotta keep em buying those pxp boxes. Can’t make it too easy. 
    Surely that doesn’t require an update. They just won’t do it. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    That's fair completely.  I am just saying at this point it makes more sense to make sure its right.   Missing a self promised deadline is probably less of an issue then an update which could cause a lot of bugs for its users.
    I feel like you're totally overlooking the potential global gifts... ;)
    In all seriousness, the news is certainly disappointing. Guys with an axe to grind will get more ammo, but considering the alternative, I'm glad that they took a long term approach. I was disappointed, but I've moved on. Next week it is.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @blueleopard let me give you the 101 on treating customers.  You give them what you promised WITHOUT an attitude, you maintain a knowledgeable customer service department, and you accept responsibility when you screwup AND you make it right.

There are many other topics to cover in Customer Service 101, but we will save those for later as you guys need to work on those 3 first.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Sometimes I just wish i could hit that agree button more than once ⬆️👍🏻
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    Man, leop comes out for a few posts and is given 347 middle fingers instantly 🤣 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I get people are pissed off (I’m not terribly happy either) but the man said there were some big time bugs and there would be far more backlash if a faulty update comes out right before the weekend.  As far as the other issues, yes there needs to be improvements made.  This will be the third version I’ll have played and the second one I’ve played from opening day, glu does try at least a little bit but there once again because of uneven customer service and some questionable decisions leads to a lot of vitriol.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't release the update in order to fix the bugs and there is hell to pay. Release an update with bugs and you better prepare to meet your maker.

Sure glad I'm not one of these guys/gals!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I’ll just have to stay tunned 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Houmy said:
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Don't release the update in order to fix the bugs and there is hell to pay. Release an update with bugs and you better prepare to meet your maker.

Sure glad I'm not one of these guys/gals!!!
    It comes down to execution, communication and treatment of your customers. There are making millions from this game and can't seem to get anything right. It seems to me, software guy, the put bare minimal effort in. They maybe should work more weekends to figure things out. Maybe its the culture out there in SF.