VIP Newsletter (Promise of Version Update this Week)

Comments

• bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    We caught some bad bugs in the builds we were testing.  We're gonna have to delay until next week.
    Appreciate the communication.  Would like to point out it would be hugely appreciated in the community to share this kind of information in a regular basis without being promoted as you can see how a seemingly innocuous announcement in your newsletter had been in this case pinned to everyone’s calendars.  
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    This whole company is a joke. It's amazing how hundreds of other companies can put out updates to their apps weekly yet this company updates its primary moneymaking app quarterly.... But still is too inept to execute. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    whynot said:
    @blueleopard let me give you the 101 on treating customers.  You give them what you promised WITHOUT an attitude, you maintain a knowledgeable customer service department, and you accept responsibility when you screwup AND you make it right.

There are many other topics to cover in Customer Service 101, but we will save those for later as you guys need to work on those 3 first.
    Well said!!!
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Jus release a good box this weekend with a few freebies and I’m good. Most updates end up being bad for my personal game playing experience regardless, or at least they result in me spending more money. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019

It would be one thing if it seemed like he was here to help, but he's just come in here with his smug attitude and funny comments.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    I mean it could still be released today
    The basic message is if you do not spend thousands of dollars on our mobile phone game app, we don't care about you. And, if you DO spend thousands of dollars on our mobile phone game app, we also don't care about you, but here are some stickers.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @fahhq2

He did say my private messages were my business, so I chose what to do with MY business 🤣
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    Hehehe
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Wow!!!  That’s a shocker to me!  More attitude from @blueleopard like he is our father/boss/girlfriend, guess glu is rewriting Customer Disservice 101.

Since this thread is getting anti glu/leopard I expect it to be shutdown anytime
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I have this game where I hit the same button over and over again so I get new guys. I use those guys so I get better results hitting the same button over and over again. Pretty simple concept. Should be easy to support.  
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Jus release a good box this weekend 
    Lol
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Maybe we should stop passing out the vip newsletter. Nothing in there comes to fruition anyway.
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    I guess I wasn’t supposed to do that, not that I would have known since it doesn’t say anywhere in the newsletter that I shouldn’t share it publicly.  Also, it might actually be good advertising for Glu and VIP, but since I caused Glu Sports blueleopard a little headache, I get this nice message...

He could have at least said please, I mean even my 10 and 12 year olds know you don’t get things you want unless you use the magic word 🤷‍♂️
    That is just pure silliness & a little extreme. Besides why wouldn't you want non-VIPs teased and enticed to spend more to get that and the rewards that comes with it?
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Nowhere in the newsletter (or anywhere, for that matter) does it state that it is against the rules to share the information that is in it.

So yeah... silliness.

Was I not supposed to share that?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Most ridiculous bs I’ve heard all week and if I had received my newsletter like I was supposed to... I’d plaster it all over this forum. 😂
    Nope.... still haven’t got it 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    We caught some bad bugs in the builds we were testing.  We're gonna have to delay until next week.
    Appreciate the communication.  Would like to point out it would be hugely appreciated in the community to share this kind of information in a regular basis without being promoted as you can see how a seemingly innocuous announcement in your newsletter had been in this case pinned to everyone’s calendars.  
    They might also want to not provide timetables for when things like updates come out because when stuff happens as it’s prone to do when it’s something like this that bugs and other things come out that derail their plans the masses aren’t out here with pitchforks.  Those same people would be wailing if they kept to their timeline and the update breaks the game like a few of them have in the past.  Better to go the old Blizzard “Soon” to avoid disappointment.
    Y'all are burning this mf to the ground 😃 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    3 lxp deal boxes a pxp box 5 evo and 500 pennants?? Is that really the gift they are giving us for the update delay?? Embarrassing 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    So is that a VIP only gift or global gift?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @mythicaldragon @superbaldy77 I'm assuming just VIP because I haven't seen it

• GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I’m not sure if we are allowed to talk about gifts since it came with a newsletter.  I can’t keep track of these rules
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Because you weren’t supposed to see the newsletter, you aren’t privy to the compensation gifts. 

“These aren’t the gifts you’re looking for”
    ”These aren’t the gifts we’re looking for.”
    “Move along.”
    ”Move along.”

Glu has obviously mastered the Jedi mind trick. 

edited October 2019
    So, uhh.. a lefty 470 catcher with rhp/late innings for Hof on Monday would be nice compensation 😁
    So, uhh.. a lefty 470 catcher with rhp/late innings on Monday would be nice compensation 😁
    A sticker saying “We don’t work weekends” would also suffice. 
    That would make for a great addition to my sticker arsenal! My decrease in spending has stripped my sticker collection of any new value.. the coolness factor is fading away 😢
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Anyone get the gift again? 
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Can’t confirm or deny gifts.  Waiting on rule clarification.  Also checking on my Epic Coins I hear they will be needed in the update.  
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited October 2019
    The newsletter is pretty much always displayed on this forum publicly. I really don’t see any issue with that at all. Words get around very quickly with regards to this game be it through forum, Facebook, Reddit, Line, and global.  The correct thing to do is be honest to us. Generally speaking, most players would be more receptive to saying “we are working on an update to enhance the gaming experience” rather than blatantly lying and saying “update will launch this week”. 
    I'm fine with parts of the newsletter going out.  We're not going to leak news and totally expect nobody to talk about it.

Nobody "promised" anything.  The VIP Team wrote that the newsletter would be out this week because that's what they were told.  These kinds of things happen.  As frustrated as you might be for not being able to play the latest version now -- how do you think the devs and VIP teams feel for working tirelessly to get stuff out only for them to not go out?  We know what pays the bills.

As for being honest, I'd that's exactly what I've been doing.  I'm a straightforward dude.  I can almost guarantee the other studios I've worked with in the past wouldn't have done a thing.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.” - Shigeru Miyamoto