Another awesome Glu move....

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Funny how this weekends Prime event has zero POTM or POTW (Post Season Hero blah, blah, blah) players in the "Bonus Points" list.  So now you MUST buy boxes if you want to at the very least hit the 2.5 mil Progress Rewards.  Just so fed up with this entire crap fest.  If I could recoup even a 3rd of my invested money and say bye bye I would in a heartbeat.  Much better to be a F2P buster than a paying schmuck.  Lesson learned.
Prev1

Comments

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    My view on this is that I learned my lesson this year, while also getting far up the All-Star levels and earning VIP...if it carries over like they said it would, I’ll be set for a sweet TSB 20 year, without having to spend a dime 🤞
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I don't know about all of that, but I know these boxes are horrendous
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I don't know about all of that, but I know these boxes are horrendous
    Well I am not spending a dime on anything this weekend.  F$*k Glu.  That being said, if you do one of your "I'll come help you get your 2.5 mil, I would like to reserve a date. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Yes. Literally not one useable player. Even the legends are just ok
    I don’t get how they go from prime sig and division boxes , promise an update....they release this jank. Are the championship dog players bonus players ? I may buy some of those for club points
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    I don’t get how they go from prime sig and division boxes , promise an update....they release this jank. Are the championship dog players bonus players ? I may buy some of those for club points
    Get used to it. 
    Millecors said:
    Well I am not spending a dime on anything this weekend.  F$*k Glu.  
    Ah, yes. I've been reserving my spending for field pass here and there, and not much else. Perhaps a $2 or $3 special if the sticker is 🔥 as it stands, I only have 2 or 3 players that would get me the "team bonus points," so unless CVC boxes hate me and give me players; I won't score a single point this weekend 😉 tourneys and bonus games for me 👍🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Funny how this weekends Prime event has zero POTM or POTW (Post Season Hero blah, blah, blah) players in the "Bonus Points" list.  So now you MUST buy boxes if you want to at the very least hit the 2.5 mil Progress Rewards.  Just so fed up with this entire crap fest.  If I could recoup even a 3rd of my invested money and say bye bye I would in a heartbeat.  Much better to be a F2P buster than a paying schmuck.  Lesson learned.
    PotW/PotM flavors have never been weekend bonus players other than CvC.  You’ve always have had to buy boxes to play on the weekend if you wanted to compete. With that said these boxes this weekend are pretty awful.  
    Looked at the boxes , complete trash. Was just going to open the ones I got from field pass and buy championship dog ones for fan rewards / club points . Really liked stanton. Said ok joe Morgan is decent but would never chase him first box 

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I pulled Morgan too but will put myself in a hole LXP wise for Monday if I level him.
    Ya Morgan is my “one day maybe “ legend
    490 lefty is nice , 2b is nice , skills not so much
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Boxes full of recycled trash. Got the day off...gonna slap on my zubaz pants and hit the tracks on Mario Kart. Clock hit 12 Pm 30 minutes ago, which also means lager time. I pride myself on enjoying my weekends too 😉 
    HAPPY HOLID'EH!!!
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    My view on this is that I learned my lesson this year, while also getting far up the All-Star levels and earning VIP...if it carries over like they said it would, I’ll be set for a sweet TSB 20 year, without having to spend a dime 🤞
    Wait where did you hear the all star progress will carry over to 20 is this true? Meaning we don't have to spend $800+ in a single year to get VIP? 
    Wait where did you hear the all star progress will carry over to 20 is this true? Meaning we don't have to spend $800+ in a single year to get VIP? 
    I believe he's talking about VIP carrying over
    @ShoveItUpYoenis2

Regarding VIP, I don’t know if the spending requirement will carry over toward earning VIP.  I managed to earn VIP this year, so my VIP status SHOULD carry over.

The All-Star perks themselves SHOULD carry over, according to this...

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    It's for the life of the game-  Allstar will not transfer over to the next version - just like the stadium investment
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    benny100 said:
    It's for the life of the game-  Allstar will not transfer over to the next version - just like the stadium investment
    That's my interpretation as well.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Absolute trash I’ll sit on my 160k gold for another day. My anticipation for the last quarter of the game was excitement... that has now turned into disappointment after disappointment. To much to list 
    Absolute trash I’ll sit on my 160k gold for another day. My anticipation for the last quarter of the game was excitement... that has now turned into disappointment after disappointment. To much to list 
    I'm still available for adoption..
    Well, I guess that’s just another example of where GLU SUCKS at transparency...clearly it is easy to interpret their statement in 2 different ways!  Oh well, at least I got VIP 🤣🤣🤣
    I sent in a ticket to CS, just to see what they say...not that it actually has any bearing on what will actually happen, lol.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I'm still available for adoption..
    Shhh 🤫 my wife may hear you 😳
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    VIP Status itself carries over.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    VIP Status itself carries over.
    But only once you get VIP it carries over not the progress correct? So we can’t spend $500 in 2019 and $300 in 2020 to get VIP correct? 

What about the all star perks can you confirm if they will carry over to 2020?
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Dude, if you manage to limit yourself to 300 in a year you aren’t properly representing VIPs!!!
    According to CS, All-Star does NOT carry over to next year...GFY Glu...GFY!!!

• DPKSDPKS Registered Users, Member 57 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Dude, if you manage to limit yourself to 300 in a year you aren’t properly representing VIPs!!!
    I believe hes not a vip. Think hes asking that if he spends $500 one year, and $300 the next totaling the $800 for vip status, will he get vip. Which im 99% sure it doesnt and has to be the same year. Now im wondering if you got vip in 2018, but havent spent the $800 this year, will it still carry over. Or do you have continue to spend the required amount each year to continue your vip status. 
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    edited October 2019
    So how much more time do we have to hopefully get that vip status this year?
    I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole