Mission Diamond complete , thank you glu forums

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Maybe I’ll try it Monday . I should be able to level my potm players and prime sig Bregman to d5 ( Astro’s better freaking win ) the lack of no lefty is annoying , have every potm except for meadows . I have scioscia . I could level him a bit . Grr. Maybe I’ll get lucky and get meadows. 
    @mwilson829  you’ve done the transition recently , I only have until end of month for potm. Want to at least cycle cap a hof legend once before I lose them. Granted going to have to cycle classic for a bit first . So I did some math. I could bring prime sig Bergman to d8 ( so sexy if Astro’s run the table ) and potm Suarez , Alonso and eloy to d7 . That should be enough to cycle classic, even with the lack of a lefty ? 

I could bring scoacia to d5 also and he’s 12/12 . Really tempted to do that but that would wipe out My lxp. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @MoenPDC First, I would say to keep grinding at POTM boxes until you get Meadows.  He would be huge for you.  That said, you may be better off waiting until you go diamond for that, because then any re-pulls of guys you already have (particularly Jimenez, Suarez and your POTM pitchers) will represent free leveling within diamond.  Also, even when you miss players in those boxes, the XP rewards will help you build up your resources anyway.

Second, I would take to D.5 the following: Meadows (assuming you can get him), Jimenez, Suarez and either Mallex Smith or Inciarte (to give you one more lefty).  If you can't land Meadows, then I would strongly consider taking Scioscia to somewhere near D.5 (it will probably be a week or two until you are ready to try and cycle HOF, so you won't be able to cycle cap a legend immediately anyway; plus, you will generate a ton of gold spamming BGs to get through platinum and diamond, and you can use that to buy LXP deal boxes to replenish your stash for when you are ready to cycle HOF). 

All told (and assuming you have Field Pass), that means you would need about 200K BXP and 126K LXP to jump to diamond.  As soon as you have that, I would jump.  If you can take the guys mentioned above to somewhere in the neighborhood of D.5, I think you'll easily cycle cap Classic in diamond and potentially could do Royale as well (which would let you cycle cap 420 primes).  After a week or two of cycling to build those guys up to D.10 and to add a few more D.10 bats to your lineup, you will probably be ready to cycle HOF.
    I already have more then that for resources . I think once I power through these playoffs and get some evo I’m going, yolo ...LEEEROOOOY Jenkins 
    Do some evo hunting each night after the club events close.  If you are churning through BGs, you should have plenty to shop around with.

ya I evo hunted last night and got 240 evo before things started slowing down. Spent 30 on Flaherty to have two capped potm pitchers. Should be able to leave them there and they should still be pretty damn effective. Ill get 200 evo from finishing plat playoffs and If I can get 200 a night should be good. MIIIIGHT be able to make the jump today......maybe.

Not sure if I want to wait until Thursday? See how royale is with my setup. Not as much for the pxp as for the blue cash / bxp

• HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    @MoenPDC don’t waste your evo on taking pitchers to diamond. 
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    the only diamond pitchers I have are a result of repull evolution. 
    Also, if you wait until you go diamond to chase Meadows by buying more POTM boxes, I'm willing to bet you will pull the pitchers at least once anyway, saving you the gold and evo.

I wasn't planning on leveling the pitchers any more, but I'm going to hold off on the fan rewards and buying more boxes until tomm. I should be done by then . Just finishing up grand master, then just have all pro and world class. Figured id level up my POTM batters, then buy some boxes. Worse case scenario ill get a free level on some players, best case scenario I get meadows. Seriously though, have each POTM, gotten sutter 4 times, but the IMPORTANT one still eludes me.

So plan is, finish up platinum playoffs tonight and tomm am. Try royale on Plat tomm just to see how it is, then go diamond, level up those players , get some more POTM and go from there.

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I’m just gonna leave this here:

Ive still not leveled a pitcher beyond d1 intentionally fyi. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Geez first Hostile Takeover and now Black Diamond. You really getting around the block @dustyhunks ;)
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used to go to D1 only on pitchers, then I started losing finals of tourneys and it annoyed me so while I haven’t capped a pitcher since July Cole I do go mid diamond on the active PotM starters just for those troublesome tourney finals against the few actually good teams you run across.
    dkarski87 said:
    Geez first Hostile Takeover and now Black Diamond. You really getting around the block @dustyhunks ;)

They all blend together at this point...
    I take POTM starters to D5 myself, especially when I pull them early in my monthly POTM splurge. That way, when I pull them over and over again while chasing the POTM bats, they level themselves to D10
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited October 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    I stopped myself from mentioning that, but since you went ahead with it: dustyhAnks seems to be a bit of a club whore ☺️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

😂😂😂 SOPHIA!
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

Well said, bro 👌🏻

Bought 12 more potm boxes . Alonso once , flaherty three times , Suter twice then a whole bunch of bxp. I am diamond, still chasing meadows . Let’s see how this goes 
    Also I’m really freaking pissed astros starting to choke, saving pxp in case I need to switch gears to acuna or ozcuna
    Have so much pxp I wanted to put into bregman
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    POTM meadows is a beast. Have him at d7 and he is killling it. Skills at like 11 and 12 or something like that. But u need a few lefties unless ur gonna spend gold to reuse them. The bxp guys do just fine against the prime pitchers on level 5. I personally have 3 diamond 1 or higher pitchers. Thats my preference. Just cause my lineup isnt d10 capped. Everyone has their own path here. Just gotta try to stick to one. Thats my problem lol. Im sure i have mentioned everything that others have. But i didnt take the time to individually read each response. On Monday i try to have 100k xp. Level to plat 10 cycle to save gold for level up to diamond. I normally can get 3 to 4 cycles no problem. Than apparently the difficulty cranks up. Cause than i cant get a pitch to hit for a good 2 hours. I also personally think the live boost makes matters worse. Thats when i i actually struggle to win. But thats just me.. good luck and hope u can build that team up quick. And for primes and legends. Pick 1 at a time
    edited October 2019
    Ya I’m hurting on lefties and evo. I have bought 70k worth of potm boxes . Alonso twice , Suter 6 times , flaherty 4 , cole twice , Workman twice . Have every player BUT meadows

Im going to spend 14 hours today cycling though soooo I’ll just buy more. 

Also so I have Bergman at plat 10 BUUT I’m good on righties while potm is active. Have over 400k pxp. I have a 430 lefty double rhp skill bellinger I think I’m going to level instead. All my sig primes are righties anyways 

man im hurting on evo though 
    @MoenPDC My club is close to leveling for 20 EVO (need 14k gloves). I’m about to post to global to get EVO hunters to fill it out. If you’re online, PM me in game (same user name) and you can jump in before I post to global. That way you can get a free 20 EVO once the hunters come in and do their work. 

apparently every d6 cycle gets your 650 evo. Welp I know what ill be doing for the next week. Thank god for autoplay.

also for those who told me to go straight to diamond, thank you....you were right. Went plat Monday night and Diamond Tuesday night and BG/Tourneys not an issue and by time Monday is here no way classic will be an issue and shooting for some HOF week after, if not DEF week after that

• Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    edited October 2019
    edited October 2019
    edited October 2019