Club advice

gqwebergqweber Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
I am currently leading a club that averages too 60ish daily and weekends. 

Myself and 2 others put up the bulk of all points. Probably 90% YTD. We are currently a Platinum 8, going to 9 very soon. 

Should I be bothered so many don’t play much, or just thankful for the drama free atmosphere? I had earlier thoughts of just transitioning to a solo, or 3 member club, but ended up not pulling that trigger. 

Anyone have thoughts on what I should do if anything?

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    260m per day?
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    It sounds like you have control of the club. If you can, kick the slackers and go recruiting. Or just share with the 3 of you guys.  @gqweber
  • gqwebergqweber Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
    260m per day?
    Not usually. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    @gqweber....I think your club dynamics are fairly typical. Your description pretty much mirrors my club exactly.
    I've adopted the attitude to just have fun - it is what it is. I continue to try and upgrade members - but I realize not many folks are going to spend the time playing that I do. I guess some people actually have lives, lol. So me and the top three or four - score the points - do the chatting - and share the cvc boxes. If someone else breaks out with a big score one event - it's a bonus - we don't count on it.
    I guess I could go and try to join a top club - but to tell the truth - I don't want any expectation placed on me. So I've learned to be content with my mediocre clubmates - and just have fun playing the game the way I like to play it.

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Oh and my other point  - I don't kick em all out - and go with a four man squad - because I like to have a 20 member club when it comes to Tuesday clash matches. I'd rather not give my opponent a 36 Tillman to tee off against if I don't have to.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    edited October 2019
    gqweber said:
    I am currently leading a club that averages too 60ish daily and weekends. 

So what do you guys typically score on any given day? 

Edit: top 60 🤦🏻‍♂️ duh. 

it really depends on what you're actually looking for in a club. there are clubs that aim for top 10 and there are clubs that aim for tier 6 rewards. I guess it just depends on what you want, then make your decisions from there.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    To be fair 60th only gets you a small amount of BXP more than 200th, so it’s not like it really does much for you
    @bobdylan_fan that’s exactly the mentality I have had so far. I am not disgruntled by any means. I happen to see a bunch of solo clubs, and often wonder if that’s the better way to go. Although sometimes, I am busy and don’t want to play much, but still want to collect the gold
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I was in the same exact position as you. I got our club up to diamond and got fed up with not getting the cvc rewards. I left that club and went solo 3 weeks ago and couldn’t be happier. I’m at platinum 5 and have won approximately 75% of cvc since then. With that extra pxp I have now cycled capped royale the past 2 weeks which behind diamond is a huge savings. My biggest regret is that I didn’t do it sooner. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Is there a chart that shows how many balls/gloves/bats needed to upgrade club levels?
    Is there a chart that shows how many balls/gloves/bats needed to upgrade club levels?

solo sounds great but want to make sure I have enough gloves/helmets to upgrade to a meaningful level and get the CVC rewards 
    So what’s the minimum club level for going solo to be useful?

doesnt seem to make any sense to do it if the rewards are complete crap
  • coachpat2coachpat2 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Sounds a lot like my club. 
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    If a box is "worth it" for you, then going solo at any point is worth it. My game completely took off in terms of quality players once I went solo because I was getting a free box every time I won CvC. If you are at the point where that isn't supremely helpful, I think plat clubs are where high rounds give out pxp.