10/14 HoF - The Wizard

JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts

Prev13

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Just made a thread (jinx).

My favorite player of all time. Love it.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Woot woot!!! Power is a bit on the lower side, but I love it! Switch hitters own!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Arg another SS. Wheres the variety? Love the blowout skill, but risp. Meh he will do well for cvc tho over Rizz and the other SS dude from 2 weeks ago.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tocopan18tocopan18 Registered Users, Member 803 Posts
    it is a shame the skills are not great
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    What's the classic reward? 
    Whats classic? ;)
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Is it just me, or does anyone else not like the 4 runs over/under attribute?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

What's the classic reward? 
    Andrew Stevenson, a 360 OF with double WOH skills
    Low speed but man, another 360
    Love blowout, best skill in the game IMO. Use to hate it but I was convinced by many its great. Now I love it.
    – The Great Houmy
  • HaraycarayHaraycaray Registered Users, Member 910 Posts
    Andrew Stevenson an NLCS player for walk off who....isn’t on the NLCS roster. Get a grip. 
    dkarski87 said:
    Love blowout, best skill in the game IMO. Use to hate it but I was convinced by many its great. Now I love it.

How come? I want to believe...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And i guess this is the box for today

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Because in pretty much every other game mode, you will blow the other team out (including CvC once you get past the first time through the lineup), which means the skill is almost always active in every other game mode.

And if you ascribe to the theory that in WOH skills that start on (or off) stay on (or off) -- which I do -- then blowout is a great skill for the closing rounds of HOF and Royale.
    Because in pretty much every other game mode, you will blow the other team out (including CvC once you get past the first time through the lineup), which means the skill is almost always active in every other game mode.

And if you ascribe to the theory that in WOH skills that start on (or off) stay on (or off) -- which I do -- then blowout is a great skill for the closing rounds of HOF and Royale.
    if only we had an actual confirmation for that theory.
    Come on GLU, it isn't that that to code. Just two tiny icons next to the player's name at all time. Active or inactive at every single time.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    @drsmartassphd

From what I’ve noticed and read on these forums, the blowout skill is always active during CvC modes and if you believe that whatever skills are active at the start of a WoH round, stay active the rest of the round (which I now believe) - the blowout skill is also excellent for the late levels of HoF WoH.  Lastly, especially if you’re in Diamond tier, most games auto played are blowouts, so it is almost always active there as well.
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Blowout skill is very useful for most game modes, except that in WOH it's only active in the last 2-3 rounds of level 5 and level 6.

Separately from my previous comment...who the hell is Andrew Stevenson?
    My personal belief: if the batter doesn't change, the triggering of skills on/off doesn't change.  I have zero hard data to backup this belief, just anecdotal success with guys whose skills started on vs. guys with skills that start off (such as double on base for one of the closing rounds of HOF/Royale).
    Sorry, @mwilson829, didn’t realize you beat me to summarizing the blowout skill 😬
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Is this still accurate
    DFBB said:
    Woot woot!!! Power is a bit on the lower side, but I love it! Switch hitters own!
    will he take over your Rizzuto? Not for me, as much as I love switch hitters.

Another solid MLB player that went to LSU! Geaux Tigers!

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Is this guy any good?? 😉
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    @mythicaldragon jealous asf!!!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tocopan18 said:
    DFBB said:
    will he take over your Rizzuto? Not for me, as much as I love switch hitters.
    Rizzuto is 20/20 for me, but he's been benched for a good while. He's 'just' a WoH guy for me. Blowouts is an excellent skill. However, it's my opinion that it's the most overrated skill in '19.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • blueprintsblueprints Registered Users, Member 96 Posts

I don’t agree that it’s a good skill for the closing rounds because you start down by 4 with bases empty. That means your first at bat in 6.10 would pretty much end up as an out... you need to get on 2nd before skills would even kick in, right? Am I not seeing it the right way?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @mythicaldragon jealous asf!!!
    Thanks buddy 😂. I think someone else is to lol He  cost me six 700 gold boxes. Worth it 😬
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts

Some dude from the UK Parliment

Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

@blueprints We were talking about the blowout skill in general, not this particular Ozzie card.  I agree he would not be a WOH finisher regardless, but mostly because he starts with the RISP still off, and I personally believe it will stay off regardless of what happens during the round.  But again, that is just my belief, in no way supported by concrete evidence. 

And if you're in the camp that believes skills trigger on and offer during the round, then his blowout skill would click off as soon as you score a run.  So no matter what he's probably only got one skill active most of the round.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Recycling Legends already (Edmonds)... Better skills than the one I've already got though.