Update 2.0.2

[Glu Sports] Mr. Uni[Glu Sports] Mr. Uni Registered Users, Administrator, Member 11 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that FINALLY, at long last the latest version of MLB Tap Sports Baseball 19 is available here! We know it's been a long time coming, but we mean it this time... I think.  ;)  

It may take awhile for your stores to update, so if it isn't showing up just yet, give it some time.

Normally blueleopard makes the update announcements but hes on time-out right now. *Glares at corner*
  • Join the action with WILD CARD and POSTSEASON special events!
  •  Earn better rewards by progressing to higher CLUB LEAGUES!
  •  Event Royale Weekends COMING SOON!
  • New Unique Club Event ACCOLADES
  • Even more ALL-STAR BUFFS & PERKS
  • New pitcher SKILLS
  • Edit your lineup directly from the BONUS POINTS screen
  • Improved CvC Bonus Player List visibility
  • Dynamic CvC leaderboard sizes
  • Collect Club Level-up Rewards in your INBOX
  • Forgive and forget? Edit your blocked users list
  • More options! HR Battles shop now features MULTIPLE mystery boxes
  • COOLDOWN times after leaving a club, and/or being kicked from a club
  • Changes to Pennants Team Affiliations. Don't be affected by mid-season changes!

Prev13456

Comments

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I'll never be on timeout. *shakes fist*

This post goes against Rule 11: Don't put exotically colored animals on timeout. </BanHammer>
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The update is even worse then before for Android. Is this a joke?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    #firejeromecollin
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    @blueleopard Im about to break rules 1 thru 25 on your list. Fair warning, this better be a joke and this temp lag is just because of the downloads taking place on your servers. if not, kiss your android users goodbye as this would be the last straw.
    – The Great Houmy
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Full minute to autoplay a game.
    Millecors said:
    Full minute to autoplay a game.
    Wow. This September update seems to be pretty fantastic..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    This lag might be the last straw for this android user...ah well
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    Currently, they are "working on it." For reference, they are also working on extra bases.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I would probably have advised against releasing this during the middle of the most popular event of the week.  
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yeah now I can't even play the game anymore, thanks guys!
    Just no.  
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    So a few days ago you say you're not releasing it because there are bugs then you release it anyways...Every single GLU employee should be fired.  You are completely incapable of doing your jobs. Clearly you are the ones on the streets of San Francisco. Morons.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Great update. The only thing I notice is that now they just plague you with more “specials”. 
  • ECV1827ECV1827 Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    The lag is terrible, no more actual playing for this update. Autoplay and a away we go
    Great update. The only thing I notice is that now they just plague you with more “specials”. 
    This pretty well sums up the update. And in case you don’t see it on your front page, no worries... it’s under specials tab as well. So long reset clubs and bracket glitching.  
    It’s now on my player team tab ugh. Stage five clinger 
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Seeing all these android comments makes me think whether Glu actually tests the new versions  on android.
  • tonybaiktonybaik Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Do not update this until all things are cleared, especially android users. I could not find any 'upgraded' parts but all things would be 'money-spend-user' friendly. That is fine but 'lag' is a real problem. This program is not playable now...
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    So, I took my phone to Steve.  He is the punk kid (early 20's) who schedules all of our activities at the senior center.  We take all of our tech stuff to him, since if he doesn't help us, we don't sign up for his activities.  He told me my phone (google pixel xl2) is plenty good enough to run any game.  All I have on my phone is TSB19, TSB18, and Google Photos.  The game is unplayable now.  He told me pick any other app in the world and I will be happier.  I hate it when Steve is right.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I would like to see how any of the new features are enhancing the game......... it’s all aimed at stopping how we play and forcing everyone to play ‘their way’

complete garbage

cool down times when you leave a club..... yeah - I am sure that’s an enhancement!

what a hot mess........ congratulations on destroying the game guys
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Anyone have any idea what the cool down times are and how they are applied?  I’ve blithely updated then been evo hunting like usual and don’t notice anything different though there are no events running at the moment.  
    bigvivec said:
    Anyone have any idea what the cool down times are and how they are applied?  I’ve blithely updated then been evo hunting like usual and don’t notice anything different though there are no events running at the moment.  
    As far as I know, that trash can of an idea is not in effect yet
    edited October 2019
    How about an update on whats being done about this update? Not a word since dropping the announcement. You can best your asses that alot of people aren't happy about this, so get of your asses and update us on whats going on if anything.
    – The Great Houmy
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Hey Guys,
    Just wanted to let you know that FINALLY, at long last the latest version of MLB Tap Sports Baseball 19 is available here! We know it's been a long time coming, but we mean it this time... I think.  ;)  

Is this your answer to glitching? Just throw a timeout on there instead of fixing the underlying code? Please say that it is not. Regardless, 100% bad idea in every facet. I've got two words for you if this ever goes into effect in a way that impacts the following day's event:

Mass. Exodus.

Cheers....
    Hey Guys,

• New pitcher SKILLS
    Cant wait to see the New Pitcher Skills for a hitting only game ;-)

Runner on 1st and 3rd
    Full Count
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Hey Guys,

Is this your answer to glitching? Just throw a timeout on there instead of fixing the underlying code? Please say that it is not. Regardless, 100% bad idea in every facet. I've got two words for you if this ever goes into effect in a way that impacts the following day's event:

Mass. Exodus.

Cheers....
    It’s as much a direct address of evo hunting and CvC sniping as anything, only that if I were them I would t care about CvC sniping.  I would only address issues that affected the bottom line.   Evo is one of their saleable commodities.....I haven’t bought any since this time last year maybe.  This would be a board room issue for sure.  

The issue beyond the £££ and $$$ which they might fail to understand the depths of importance is that the Global subculture that includes evo hopping, private CvC clubs, evo hunting, charity, player income streams such as gifts for points or gifts for balls and gloves, the ability to travel and drop in on people, play together for awhile and dip out.....all that is going to be lost and THAT world is the real “game” for a lot of people, where they can creatively have fun in different ways.  That’s part of the depth of the game and what makes it special.  Killing those aspects will essentially kill the game as the layers of dimensions will quickly be reduced to a 2D version of the game that is exactly as deep as it would appear on the surface.  

Whether as a respone to evo hunting, CvC sniping or mega clubs that run multiple clubs on a given date searching for the best bracket then switch out players turnstile fashion to hammer points to secure accolades and placement for the club for weekend events, adding to the prestige of that club, or doing the same running trains in CvC, booting players after they dump half a clip so points will stick and dozens of players can make a run at another club with a standard 20.   Whether one or all of the above, one thing is certain.......the game will change.  How many drop and how many hang around remains to be seen, but it’s a SHAME that so much effort was focused on parts of the game that players ENJOYED, a shame severely problematic areas were not addressed, and a shame that all of this has come stern the season is all but said and done.......
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Are there new stickers?

Anyone with iPhone experiencing issues or just Android users? I haven't updated yet just in case...
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    If Glu wanted to push more on club play, they should have changed the reward system for cvc. It’s the main reason people went solo including myself. Instead just one person getting high round and mvp, everyone in the club gets rewarded for the win. For example in a platinum club MVP could get the better box (box now NLCS) and everyone else in the club gets NLCS II boxes. High round gets the 5k PXP, everyone else in the club gets 2500 PXP. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Is it hard for anyone on IOS to mine for gold? I got maybe three ads in and that was it. Please tell me this damn update will limit the amount of gold you can get too.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    C vs c is a lonely mans game these days, at least last year the whole club got 4K pxp for a win, so if you were in a so so club people didn’t mind if you went off all weekend. 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Discovered my update happened when I opened the App this morning. Now takes 50 seconds to play one bonus game. More than double before the update. Yes, I have an Android. Doubling the time to cycle D6 is the opposite of what I was hoping for in this update. Just too much of a time commitment for me and I'm retired...lol
    bigvivec said:
    Hey Guys,

Mass. Exodus.

Cheers....
    It’s as much a direct address of evo hunting and CvC sniping as anything, only that if I were them I would t care about CvC sniping.  I would only address issues that affected the bottom line.   Evo is one of their saleable commodities.....I haven’t bought any since this time last year maybe.  This would be a board room issue for sure.  

The issue beyond the £££ and $$$ which they might fail to understand the depths of importance is that the Global subculture that includes evo hopping, private CvC clubs, evo hunting, charity, player income streams such as gifts for points or gifts for balls and gloves, the ability to travel and drop in on people, play together for awhile and dip out.....all that is going to be lost and THAT world is the real “game” for a lot of people, where they can creatively have fun in different ways.  That’s part of the depth of the game and what makes it special.  Killing those aspects will essentially kill the game as the layers of dimensions will quickly be reduced to a 2D version of the game that is exactly as deep as it would appear on the surface.  

Whether as a respone to evo hunting, CvC sniping or mega clubs that run multiple clubs on a given date searching for the best bracket then switch out players turnstile fashion to hammer points to secure accolades and placement for the club for weekend events, adding to the prestige of that club, or doing the same running trains in CvC, booting players after they dump half a clip so points will stick and dozens of players can make a run at another club with a standard 20.   Whether one or all of the above, one thing is certain.......the game will change.  How many drop and how many hang around remains to be seen, but it’s a SHAME that so much effort was focused on parts of the game that players ENJOYED, a shame severely problematic areas were not addressed, and a shame that all of this has come stern the season is all but said and done.......
    This just needed to be posted again.