One week after going straight to diamond from gold

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
did 15 classic cycles to cap Stevenson and the rest of my bxp guys . Figured I’d give it a go. Had to manual play more then I wanted to and used meadows for 6.9 and 6.10 buuut the dream is real. Next week going to cycle cap my first diamond legend 
Prev1

Comments

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

• sarge268sarge268 Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    I’ve been Debating making the move. I have enough 360-380 players to fill my team while leaving my prime and legend players in gold until later. How was the grind to get through? I’ve been able to cycle classic 15-20 times every Monday but HOF I usually only get through it 1-2 times. I have the resources saved to get all my BXP players capped in platinum but I’m hesitant because I went to platinum too early last year and struggled to get legends capped out. 

Congrats on the move. 
    @sarge268 it’s really about the POTM and getting at least three of them. Now I just need to use them to cycle cap a couple legends before they go down in power and I should be gtg. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
     Congrats 🎊 👍🏻👊🏻
  • tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @MoenPDC. Congrats. I really envy the IOS users. I can play all day and barely get like 8 cycles. Thats not losing or having to restart.  Load time really kills me
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Awesome!  I’m glad it’s working out.  
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Thanks to all the info I got from your last post I made the move this morning and was able to cycle Classic 12 times and HOF 3 times. All surprisingly easy. If I had known I could handle HOF I would have capped Smith.  This was much easier than Gold; glad I made the move. Thanks to @MoenPDC. I just followed your lead. Now I have to get through Platinum to Diamond tomorrow. 
    @Rschar21 if you like to grind your going to LOVE the gold you will be getting going through plat and then diamond cycling . I pushed through platinum in one day. You WILL be bxp starved and you REALLY want three of the potm bats and meadows to be one of them, will make your life sooooo much easier . 

Yesterday i cycled classic 17 times and made it through HOF. HOF took some time mostly not because of my finishers but my mid and lower guys were still plat 10 because of lack of bxp and evo ( should finish d6 today , got drunk this weekend and didn’t cycle at all ) because of this I found myself manually playing from 4 on during round 5 and 6 which slowed it down considerably . 

I may start at HOF next Monday and try and get the cycle cap and just have a lot of gold ready for boosts / restarts . I think if I can get one cycle an hour, I should be ok. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    For those of you that moved through....any idea what a 360 guy at G10 is going to be rated?  Is he going to be higher than a 490 Legend at S10?
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I guess I just need to play 7,000 to 8,000 games one week and just buy lxp boxes with all the gold lol.  I’ve stayed away from HoF due to the lack of lxp I carry and with PotM gone after this month I’m going to be in a little bit of a hole.  Oh well, I did do 16 classic cycles in about 6 hours yesterday (damn actual adult stuff like wife/kids lol).  I will have unless I push a few Royale primes etc through have a 420 and an army of capped 360/380 guys.
  • Rschar21Rschar21 Registered Users, Member 60 Posts
    @TheFullMonte  They should be similar. My G10 490 Legend is 287 and my P10 360 is 278. 
    Thinking about WOH finishers, I was hoping I could level some BXP guys up above those guys for easier completion 

doesn’t look to be the case.

many thanks for the info
    Austin meadows is a woh finisher god. Abuse him while you can, hope a good finisher shows up in the next three weeks of woh . 
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Yeah I have two G10 360 guys and are solid but definitely not finishers.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    POTM guys only require BXP to level but perform like rental legends.  And when their OVRs drop at the end of the month, they will still be higher than any 360 BXP player you have now.
    Lol.  Just wish there were fewer potential players in that POTM box.  Meadows is the only one that I would want
    Jimenez is actually my favorite.  I love guys with double WOH-friendly skills that aren't RHP/LHP, because you can use them against any pitcher.  I've found that the whole righty vs. lefty thing is somewhat overrated in WOH.  Double active skills is way more important IMO, and I'd rather throw up a max 460 righty with double skills against a righty pitcher rather than a Max 420 lefty with double skills.
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    @redlegs....Last year after the season ended the POTW/POTM were replaced by something called Game Changers - which basically served the same function. So just wanted to let you know that something similar (most likely) will be available going forward.
    @redlegs....Last year after the season ended the POTW/POTM were replaced by something called Game Changers - which basically served the same function. So just wanted to let you know that something similar (most likely) will be available going forward.

didn't know that, that's amazing! Maybe I wont have to take a big step back after these regress. THOOOUGH, my goal is to have two cycle capped legends from next two weeks ( PRAY FOR GOOD WOH SKILLS ) and a maxed prime lefty bellinger with double LHP skills at 17/17. Could do it now, but saving LXP right now for Mondays cycle cap. Along with Scocia at 12/12 at d5 and Prime Sig Bregman who I pray astros win and will either be 470 or 500, who should be close to capped.

That should be plenty to keep cycling. That's the name of the game, once you can cycle, its just a matter of time. Being able to complete HOF last week in 45 minutes was VERY encouraging. Part of me wants to cycle cap todays prime.....issue is my pxp is LOOOW and I would have to cycle 18 times.....If the player is good and my first cycle takes me 35 mins or less, I may try. I think my max royale cycle was 16 and I wasn't working, but then again pxp was so low I wasn't going balls to the wall....

If I were you, I would do whatever I could to cycle cap today if possible.  My first few weeks in diamond I cycle capped everyone I could get my hands on, because that's the only real way to get new players to d10 without spending just a ton of XP.  Every new WOH bat is helpful.
    If I were you, I would do whatever I could to cycle cap today if possible.  My first few weeks in diamond I cycle capped everyone I could get my hands on, because that's the only real way to get new players to d10 without spending just a ton of XP.  Every new WOH bat is helpful.

without mega pxp boxes I'm only sitting on 70k pxp right now......
    ill see how easy/fast the first cycle is. I mean if I bust it out in 25 mins, ill go for it, unless the player is shit
    If you have the gold, you could always buy POTM boxes and just hope you hit PXP rather than players.
    yaaaa......got two free POTM fan rewards...one contained meadows, other Eloy. I GET THE GOOD BATTERS RIGHT AWAY WHEN I DONT NEED THEM. That player is kinda MEH. Going to run WOH once and then see how it goes. Still on the fence. If they start doing royale on the weekend, will be easy peasy
    @MoenPDC thanks for all the posts and updates. Made me actually take the leap yesterday and start my run to diamond. I made the move to platinum at noon yesterday and made it to diamond at 2 this morning (night shift worker). Have POTM Meadows, Jiminez and Alonso capped in diamond and I can’t wait for WOH on Monday. Trying for D6 this weekend. 
    That’s all you need really . Tbh could use one more good prime bat near capped or might need to reuse one, but if you have the lxp and gold for boosts you can cycle cap Monday. I’d make sure meadows skills are at least 12/12. 
    I have the four potm bags capped a 430 12/12 bellinger with double rhp capped and scoascia at s5 and it was plenty enough
    Going to have the lxp too this Monday I’m kind of excited 
    Work keeps getting the way, but i was able to get through HOF fairly easy. Had the hardest time with level 5, but 6 wasn’t bad. And for an extra bonus it’s EDGAR!!!!!  
    edited October 2019
    This weekend was my grind it out weekend, having just jumped to Gold.  I’m doing this the old fashion way, as a couple bad luck weekends have me reluctant to spend any real money on this game.

I spent the entire weekend grinding videos like a madman....only to get GLU’d like crazy on Sunday.

Bought 24 boxes this event

Bought 12-13 boxes today and pulled one single player, who just happens to be a duplicate of the guy I landed Friday.

so the math here is 5 players Friday.  5-12

Sunday it’s 1-12.  I landed BXP on probably 8 of them

I don’t care what you tell me....the posted odds are completely fabricated.

right now I’m sitting at 9/12 on the 3 Hole Boxes....and I don’t even want to spend the 4.99 to guarantee the Prime pull because I’m nearly certain it’s just going to be Braun  again