Update 2.0.2

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    It’s as much a direct address of evo hunting and CvC sniping as anything, only that if I were them I would t care about CvC sniping.  I would only address issues that affected the bottom line.   Evo is one of their saleable commodities.....I haven’t bought any since this time last year maybe.  This would be a board room issue for sure.  

The issue beyond the £££ and $$$ which they might fail to understand the depths of importance is that the Global subculture that includes evo hopping, private CvC clubs, evo hunting, charity, player income streams such as gifts for points or gifts for balls and gloves, the ability to travel and drop in on people, play together for awhile and dip out.....all that is going to be lost and THAT world is the real “game” for a lot of people, where they can creatively have fun in different ways.  That’s part of the depth of the game and what makes it special.  Killing those aspects will essentially kill the game as the layers of dimensions will quickly be reduced to a 2D version of the game that is exactly as deep as it would appear on the surface.  

Whether as a respone to evo hunting, CvC sniping or mega clubs that run multiple clubs on a given date searching for the best bracket then switch out players turnstile fashion to hammer points to secure accolades and placement for the club for weekend events, adding to the prestige of that club, or doing the same running trains in CvC, booting players after they dump half a clip so points will stick and dozens of players can make a run at another club with a standard 20.   Whether one or all of the above, one thing is certain.......the game will change.  How many drop and how many hang around remains to be seen, but it’s a SHAME that so much effort was focused on parts of the game that players ENJOYED, a shame severely problematic areas were not addressed, and a shame that all of this has come stern the season is all but said and done.......
    And Again!!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    It’s as much a direct address of evo hunting and CvC sniping as anything, only that if I were them I would t care about CvC sniping.  I would only address issues that affected the bottom line.   Evo is one of their saleable commodities.....I haven’t bought any since this time last year maybe.  This would be a board room issue for sure.  

The issue beyond the £££ and $$$ which they might fail to understand the depths of importance is that the Global subculture that includes evo hopping, private CvC clubs, evo hunting, charity, player income streams such as gifts for points or gifts for balls and gloves, the ability to travel and drop in on people, play together for awhile and dip out.....all that is going to be lost and THAT world is the real “game” for a lot of people, where they can creatively have fun in different ways.  That’s part of the depth of the game and what makes it special.  Killing those aspects will essentially kill the game as the layers of dimensions will quickly be reduced to a 2D version of the game that is exactly as deep as it would appear on the surface.  

Whether as a respone to evo hunting, CvC sniping or mega clubs that run multiple clubs on a given date searching for the best bracket then switch out players turnstile fashion to hammer points to secure accolades and placement for the club for weekend events, adding to the prestige of that club, or doing the same running trains in CvC, booting players after they dump half a clip so points will stick and dozens of players can make a run at another club with a standard 20.   Whether one or all of the above, one thing is certain.......the game will change.  How many drop and how many hang around remains to be seen, but it’s a SHAME that so much effort was focused on parts of the game that players ENJOYED, a shame severely problematic areas were not addressed, and a shame that all of this has come stern the season is all but said and done.......
    Wait, and again!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ReadingFightingPhilsReadingFightingPhils Registered Users, Member 305 Posts
    Everything is slow, just starting the app is crazy slow.  In what seemed like it took forever, I checked and they did not change season mode or cvc awards? There has to be some good things to the update right?  Can someone list some?
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    edited October 2019
    So let me see if I missed anything: new update sucks on Android and blue/uni are getting hammered for it? I think the whole picking on blue for his/her "forum guidelines" post has run its course. 

It was entertaining and on some points well deserved but honestly what do you think a forum admin could do about glitches in the game or get immediate answers to all our concerns? They are not exclusive to this forum so there are a lot of fires they have to put out if we are to judge by the coding quality of this one app and the total number of apps released by GLU so keep your expectations low on that front and save yourselves the grief.

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• bobby12587bobby12587 Registered Users, Member 26 Posts
    CS said they are getting lots of feedback from the update and are working on it.
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    Yeah they are working in it I am sure
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Houmy said:
    So let me see if I missed anything: new update sucks on Android and blue/uni are getting hammered for it? I think the whole picking on blue for his "forum guidelines" post has run its course. 

It was entertaining and on some points well deserved but honestly what do you think a forum admin could do about glitches in the game or get immediate answers to all our concerns? They are not exclusive to this forum so there are a lot of fires they have to put out if we are to judge by the coding quality of this one app and the total number of apps released by GLU so keep your expectations low on that front and save yourselves the grief.

To kind of piggy back off of this, I am reminded of a quote I see at the local ice skating rink that’s painted on the locker room walls. 

“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it”. 

If your only reaction is to complain here, it’s been done and it doesn’t seem to be changing anything. It’s been done. Now what are you going to do?  

I honestly wish Blue and Mr. Uni were still inactive because I feel like all they have done by being active is turn the forums into one big CS ticket where all I see is posts with complaints directed towards them. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Houmy said:
    So let me see if I missed anything: new update sucks on Android and blue/uni are getting hammered for it? I think the whole picking on blue for his/her "forum guidelines" post has run its course. 

Our only avenues of sharing our feelings toward the game is CS and the dudes you mentioned. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    Houmy said:

Our only avenues of sharing our feelings toward the game is CS and the dudes you mentioned. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Not really. You could buy enough shares to attend an annual shareholder meeting to raise your concerns as investors look at reports from those meetings and if they see a potential for poor performance or loss of revenue they'll act accordingly. Of course no one in their right mind would do that for a game that they would outgrow eventually 😐
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I wish there were more updates. The fallout is more entertaining than the game. 
    My version says 2.0.0   The title of the thread is 2.0.2  Am I on the wrong version?  There are no more updates available to me?  Is Apple 2.0.2 and Android 2.0.0?
  • whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    2.0.2 on iOS 
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I’m excited for royale on weekends! 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts

“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it”. 

If your only reaction is to complain here, it’s been done and it doesn’t seem to be changing anything. It’s been done. Now what are you going to do?  

Nothing...absolutely nothing! These people are just complainers. They make big threats, but at the end of the day it’s just 8 taps and on to the next game 🤭
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Houmy said:

This is true. But these posts don’t have to be on the public forum. I’m all for sharing your feelings with admin, but that can also be done through a PM in a respectful tone. I try to act respectfully to everyone regardless of how they have treated me in the past or presently, because that’s what I want in return. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts

So I did some testing.  I can play 1 season mode game with the new update in tsb19 in 55 seconds.   I can play 1 season mode game in tsb18, in 12 seconds (scoring a lot more runs).  I am not picking on anyone, it just doesn't seem like an acceptable time, especially when iphone user are not seeing the same lag. It just an observation.  I don't expect the moderators to fix it, I expect them to go to the programmers and say, man we are getting a lot of heat on this, what can we do to fix it?  I am also not sure what a PM (except for relating to time) is or how to do one.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    This update is awesome. Now every time i try to check out these awesome bonus players the app crashes..
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Does Royale on weekend mean WoH on the weekend?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Does Royale on weekend mean WoH on the weekend?
    Fingers crossed
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Class action lawsuit or refunds.... (mic drop)
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @ReadingFightingPhils
    I just timed one game, but I only have 19 on the device so nothing to compare it to. 
    It took 48 seconds to load game from home screen (starting the game itself not an individual game.) Then a full game (autoplay to end utilized with 55 runs scored) 1:01:12. I don't have exact times from pre-update but I know when I had field pass I could wait until I was inside the final minute of sprint to victory and still get the round in to keep the streak alive.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Hmmm, so reset clubs full of diamond players will rule minor brackets, correct? How is that fair?
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @superbaldy77 yes they can but the rewards aren’t as good
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I posted this in the other thread, but it doesn't look like the bracketing is working properly. Teams aren't in the correct divisions.
    What the actual hell does this mean in the middle of clash? You're going to wait for my final score and then match me?!?

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    What the actual hell does this mean in the middle of clash? You're going to wait for my final score and then match me?!?

So in my past experience my club in the last half hour got put up against some crazy club that crushed us.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I posted this in the other thread, but it doesn't look like the bracketing is working properly. Teams aren't in the correct divisions.
    my current bracket is lead by a cooperstown club. I am in the majors. Two cooperstown in the top ten, one majors (me) and the rest is minors. 
    KSMETS said:

So in my past experience my club in the last half hour got put up against some crazy club that crushed us.
    I would expect nothing less than getting some powerhouse club. 
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    @superbaldy77 yes they can but the rewards aren’t as good
    700 gold each day for the top win and reset your club so you don't move to the next bracket, and rinse and repeat each day. I would take that any day.