So, the update..

retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
-The Android experience is even worse than before..
-The "cool down" may very well put an end to some of my favorite aspects of this game: helping people. Whether it's leveling a club, reaching tier 6 rewards, or fighting for first place- it's evident that the monkeys behind the machine don't appreciate this part of the game.
-Greed- now my app can be even more cluttered with specials and crap I have to pay for. Yay! It was so hard to find the specials tab, they had to make it easier to find by putting a special in our team upgrades 4 totally logical reasons.

What is the honest improvement brought about by this update? Where is the game play supposed to be better? Am I completely off-base here? Is there something I am missing? What the 🤬?
"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
Prev1

Comments

• tribeguy2147tribeguy2147 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    @retirepujols the ","... we finally have commas to let us know how many balls and gloves we have. The lag om the loading screen. I mean really. Who wouldnt want that. Its more and more to push away the little guy if u ask me. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Good to see they fixed the crash when swapping players when you have a lot of inactives oh wait no they didn't fix this at all.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

*Devs response to Android issues all year*
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    This is the perfect example of poor communication on their end. They launched a massive update that pissed off every android user. Instead of publicly addressing this, they hide away in a corner and leave people in the dark. It’s ridiculous. 
    I've said this before too. I cant believe how they can get away with crap like this and take no accountability for the actions. Like cool I can find now a third specials tab, but is the CvC panning fixed? doubtful, Floating ground ball top the pitcher fixed? Prob not.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @retirepujols I think the cool down timer was probably created in an effort to combat the X points for a gift bs that is always in global. What they did not take into account is the possibility that person A who is not in Club A wants to help his friend, either real life or found through the game/forum, succeed. 

• matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Even Less Reasons to continue Playing.
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Good to see they fixed the crash when swapping players when you have a lot of inactives oh wait no they didn't fix this at all.
    According to CS this issue can be fixed by having stronger wifi 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Guess again, Glube Goldberg:

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Wait, its your RAM!!!
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Many on IOS have reported an even faster playing experience. And no, even as an Android user, I'm not even joking.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @KSMETS every gift sent for points is another dollar sent to glu 🤷🏻‍♂️ I doubt they want to get rid of that 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    So why is the “cool down” period after leaving a club?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Many on IOS have reported an even faster playing experience. And no, even as an Android user, I'm not even joking.
    I have iOS and haven’t noticed any difference in the speed. I think Glu might just be in the pockets of Apple and trying to get people to move away from Android phones. 
    edited October 2019
    I'm not sure this game should even be offered on the Google play store at the moment, DFBB (I don't want to tag you and break rule #3 😉).
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I have iOS and haven’t noticed any difference in the speed. I think Glu might just be in the pockets of Apple and trying to get people to move away from Android phones. 
    Same. No difference in the speed. 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I think it seems slightly faster on iOS. 
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    it only seems faster on iOS because we are generally happier people........
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Can someone post today’s bonus players, the app now closes every Time I click on it
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I have IOS and it was bugging last night during WoH, which has never happened. Wish I had known to reload. LOL

Today it is all working fine. Don't find it faster at all.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Our club is Cooperstown division and we're in a bracket with all Minors division teams. Fine with us, its free 2k gold 21k LXP and 33k PXP but the other clubs gotta be pissed. Would not want to be a Glu CS rep today.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    The update is garbage.  I'm not going to downgrade my phone to iOS so I can play one game.  Now I get to play other games that I've been neglecting that work perfectly fine on android.  Yeah... I said it.
    Just no.  
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    They told me the same thing when the "Beard oil box" jailed me and thousands of others a few weeks ago. That I should check my wifi connection and/or restart my router.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    They told me the same thing when the "Beard oil box" jailed me and thousands of others a few weeks ago. That I should check my wifi connection and/or restart my router.
    Lets not bring up that Beard Oil box.. This company has still not owned up to that BS
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Yup I was one of the many victims of the beard oil box that CS refused to own up to and just blamed my wifi instead
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    This update if so slow  I may just quit playing 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    I haven't updated yet on android. Game speed was fine until this afternoon, game got really slow and very slow transitions between menus. Had to restart multiple times. I'm guessing it's even worse android users with the new update? 
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Update is a complete waste of my field pass purchase before the update. So slooow it's ridiculous 
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    I haven't updated yet on android. Game speed was fine until this afternoon, game got really slow and very slow transitions between menus. Had to restart multiple times. I'm guessing it's even worse android users with the new update? 
    47 bonus games per hour on average here.... all autoplay.  Before update I was over 150 per hour.
    Mulderken said:
    Update is a complete waste of my field pass purchase before the update. So slooow it's ridiculous 
    That's a good point, I hope you get a refund.
  • jay219jay219 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    But they'll give us a fair compenaation.......probably helmets, pennants, and #1 draft pics