For all the complaints about this update no one is talking about the one positive thing

MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
Event royale on the weekend

OMG

three days to cycle cap your prime. Three days with tons to do, where  d6 cycling gives your club points 

that makes me a very happy boy
Prev1

Comments

• benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    Event royale on the weekend

OMG

three days to cycle cap your prime. Three days with tons to do, where  d6 cycling gives your club points 

that makes me a very happy boy
    Lol - I doubt it's that straightforward, but hopefully a positive part of the update when it lands

From what I heard yday android cannot play WOH currently with the lag as timing the swing is impossible, so moot point anyway for that half of the user base
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    Not only that but the bracketing will be better. Better prizes and better bracketing. 
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I'll believe a full weekend of Royale WOH when I see it.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Oh how we can all HOPE that it means three days of WOH. My bet though is that they do time windows on events. Open all events for the final few hours or something. 
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    You'll find out the multiplier Sunday night at 9:30pm EST
  • eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I agree with OP.  Even with some sort of restraints on WoH or the event in general, it adds more to the weekend for sure.  

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    Oh how we can all HOPE that it means three days of WOH. My bet though is that they do time windows on events. Open all events for the final few hours or something. 
    If they do they better name the 1st event after me or I'm calling my attorney 🤨👇👇👇

https://communities.glu.com/more-games/discussion/5445667/weekend-mixed-events-prime-walkoff-slugfest#latest

"Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

Personally, I would rather see way fewer bonus players, and boxes that only have 3-4 guys that you have to chase.  But that is just a pipe dream at this point.

If nothing else, having like 80 players in every box saves me a ton of gold, because I know it's basically pointless to chase the 1 guy in there I may actually care about.  So I either luck into him with a CVC reward box or I don't, and my gold stash says thanks for the measured approach that has been forced upon me.
    damn @Houmy that is one hell of a plan. I had not seen that before but I really like how you have it laid out. 

• HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    damn @Houmy that is one hell of a plan. I had not seen that before but I really like how you have it laid out. 

@KSMETS they've ripped off my ideas without due credit before but I ain't one to complain 😉👇👇👇

https://communities.glu.com/more-games/discussion/5448012/offer-two-woh-modes-basic-normal-easy-amp-advance-hard-tsb17-style#latest
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

• BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    @DFBB bleeds enough optimism in this game for me. We’re reaching for stars from a step ladder... I’ve only been at this for 2 years, but I can assure you; don’t believe anything they say until it’s proven to work. They don’t work weekends also from what I hear... 
    ps, sorry for violating the moderator mention on this...it’s on the Donny Don’t List
    @dfbb is obligated to hype the game up as part of his moderator gig. No, he's not employed by Glu (or at least, I highly doubt it), but, frankly, his words don't carry as much weight as they used to as it's kind of his responsibility that he praise this game. We all know that very little that Glu does is done well, timely, or is done without error. To be excited for features which are almost guaranteed to be flawed or likely to be done in a disappointing fashion is foolish.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    @DFBB bleeds enough optimism in this game for me. We’re reaching for stars from a step ladder... I’ve only been at this for 2 years, but I can assure you; don’t believe anything they say until it’s proven to work. They don’t work weekends also from what I hear... 
    ps, sorry for violating the moderator mention on this...it’s on the Donny Don’t List
    @dfbb is obligated to hype the game up as part of his moderator gig. No, he's not employed by Glu (or at least, I highly doubt it), but, frankly, his words don't carry as much weight as they used to as it's kind of his responsibility that he praise this game. We all know that very little that Glu does is done well, timely, or is done without error. To be excited for features which are almost guaranteed to be flawed or likely to be done in a disappointing fashion is foolish.
    @DFBB is obligated to moderate the forums as part of his moderator gig. Nothing else. He was hyping the game up way before he was made a mod. 
    i'm impressed @DFBB can be on the current version on Android and still hype it. Game play is brutal at best.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    For those that are overly frustrated, I certainly don't blame you. Even GLU would acknowledge that there is a track record to support that position. However, to suggest that my optimism is in any way related to my mod status is absolutely ignorant. Those that know me(many here on the forums) know that I absolutely love the game. I play a considerable amount and do my best to balance both a fun and optimal approach. 
    If my crime is that I still love the game, so be it. Again, I understand the frustrations of many, but also understand that everyone's experiences are different. That said, BRING ME THE WEEKEND ROYALE!!!
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    i'm impressed @DFBB can be on the current version on Android and still hype it. Game play is brutal at best.
    1)I'm not on the current updated version.
    1a)I even made a thread warning android users about the current updated version.
    2)I've given a lot of feedback that mirrors what's already been said here on the forums.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I give Alex a harder time more then anyone here, usually out of sheer frustration over GLU total stupidity and incompetence when it pertains to running this app. He is just as pissed off as the rest of the droid users, he just chooses not to voice his frustration like the rest of us. Bottom line, if they dont fix it and soon (NOT 18 days like what happened the last time when apps wouldn't load) then we all have a blessing in disguise. Remove the game from our phones, keep our money, and give GLU a big thank you card for x-mas praising them for doing what we should've done months ago when the android lag was bad enough.

Hey @b@blueleopard, still not comment on the update? Anytime sir, its not the weekend yet so your staff should be working. Not a big ask by any means when the game is simple unplayable for half your market. Not even a new announcement in game? Not a peep has been said from GLU regarding this update bs.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I know you warned us... my phone didn't listen. I don't have auto updates on yet there it is. #Whatever. I still deeply respect you and your opinions @DFBB. You are a beacon for the game long before you were a mod here. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I know that it’s still early but I haven’t noticed a difference yet. @dfbb keep up with the positive attitude. We could use a little more of that on here 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    DFBB said:
    For those that are overly frustrated, I certainly don't blame you. Even GLU would acknowledge that there is a track record to support that position. However, to suggest that my optimism is in any way related to my mod status is absolutely ignorant. Those that know me(many here on the forums) know that I absolutely love the game. I play a considerable amount and do my best to balance both a fun and optimal approach. 
    If my crime is that I still love the game, so be it. Again, I understand the frustrations of many, but also understand that everyone's experiences are different. That said, BRING ME THE WEEKEND ROYALE!!!
    Oh man weekend Royale?? 🤢 I’m afraid the rewards will be soooo bad for woh it won’t be worth cycling. If they do Royale on weekends  I hope they do away with the multipliers. I just don’t see Royale on weekends as fixing the lack of interest in the game. Will be interesting to revisit this in a month or so see all the complaining 🤔 Bring on the disagrees 👍🏻
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @mythicaldragons sorry but I can’t disagree with you’re thinking I just hope that you’re wrong. If we get woh all weekend Lime we all would love but the reward is horrible there will be a ton of backlash regarding that. I’m sure that guys would go for 100 cycles if it were all weekend. Think of the resources that we could gain. Diamond players could cycle cap a legend and earn enough lxp to level another one over the weekend with fp and a discount club
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @2003cobra definitely the potential for it to be a lucrative resource option is there... as long as the resources are there. I love the idea of being able to cycle for resources on weekends. Nothing is ever what they (glu) say it’s going to be.  I’ll believe it when I see it I hope I’m wrong buddy! 😬🤞
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL.......reaching for the stars from a stepladder......   
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Weekend Royale = 

• nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I give Alex a harder time more then anyone here, usually out of sheer frustration over GLU total stupidity and incompetence when it pertains to running this app. He is just as pissed off as the rest of the droid users, he just chooses not to voice his frustration like the rest of us. Bottom line, if they dont fix it and soon (NOT 18 days like what happened the last time when apps wouldn't load) then we all have a blessing in disguise. Remove the game from our phones, keep our money, and give GLU a big thank you card for x-mas praising them for doing what we should've done months ago when the android lag was bad enough.

Hey @b@blueleopard, still not comment on the update? Anytime sir, its not the weekend yet so your staff should be working. Not a big ask by any means when the game is simple unplayable for half your market. Not even a new announcement in game? Not a peep has been said from GLU regarding this update bs.
    Lemme step in for the little leopard and give you some help. I've been testing everything I can after update dropped... you cant stay using 1.2.1 forever after all. But if you dl the apk then install it (not from Google play store) it runs as fast, if not.faster than before update. Here's the link 
    Lmao or just msg me on line chat, nwaredstar77
  • SplandmanSplandman Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    There is no positive if it sucks so bad you can't play.
    They blocked the link i posted with my message. Pm me if you need help fixing this catastrophe
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    It works like a charm... back in business
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    This weekend event Royale thing doesn't seem to exist for me.  
    It's coming "soon," kind of like the update was going to be released in September, and then again last week.