Two options to Fix Extra Bases

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
1)If we're given default rosters, the players should be at the same tier as our team, as should their upgrades. As is, everyone is using platinum bats and all upgrades/pennants are at 100. Upgrades/pennants/bats should NOT exceed the maximum for each tier. For example, a team in silver should have their upgrades/pennants cap at 40, gold at 60, etc., etc. A silver team should have silver bats, a gold team should have gold bats, etc., etc.

Or the 'easy' fix:

2)Separate brackets for each tier. As is, Diamond is severely handicapped against the lowers tiers. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Why would diamond be at a disadvantage? Just curious. Seems like we’re all of an even playing field. Which makes the whole event pointless to me, but that’s a different issue. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Why would diamond be at a disadvantage? Just curious. Seems like we’re all of an even playing field. Which makes the whole event pointless to me, but that’s a different issue. 
    100% false sorry to say
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The upgrades are not taken into account on higher tiers, thus why silver and gold teams do very well.  Regardless of what roster they give you, another example of poor programming.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Metsicans said:
    100% false sorry to say
    What am I missing then? I got a stock roster to play with. And I can buy extra tickets for franchise coins. Is that not how it works for everyone?
    @DFBB can explain it better, but he is taking a nap at the moment. ;) (not a joke, hes sleeping)

Its an upgrades issue with the coding.
    – The Great Houmy
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    Honestly, its a stupid event. Everyone has the same exact roster so what even is the point? 
    duckk123 said:
    Honestly, its a stupid event. Everyone has the same exact roster so what even is the point? 
    100% agree with that. Trust me, I’m not defending Glu or the event. I just thought, given the setup, that the event would be the same regardless of your level within the game. 
    Another way for you to spend gold and money, simple. Boosts and continues aren't cheap
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:
    100% false sorry to say
    What am I missing then? I got a stock roster to play with. And I can buy extra tickets for franchise coins. Is that not how it works for everyone?
    On paper everyone has the same roster, upgrades, pennants, opposing pitcher, etc. but results are different based on the tiers.   I have a diamond team over 200K and a bronze holder team around 58k that is basically just free gifts and the results are night and day on sims.  Its just puzzling
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Timer counted down, gifts were given, event is gone...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Millecors said:
    No no, they were just getting you prepared for the next Extra Bases event in two months from now
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    duckk123 said:
    100% agree with that. Trust me, I’m not defending Glu or the event. I just thought, given the setup, that the event would be the same regardless of your level within the game. 
    Due to cvc mechanics, it's currently heavily skewed towards lower tiers. The cvc algorithm is complicated, but the most glaring factor is the level of your bats, relative to your tier. A diamond team that is using platinum bats, for example, will be nerfed. Furthermore, upgrades also play a similar role. If in doubt, experiment for yourself. I'm confident you'll come the same conclusion.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Hahaha you beat me to it. They can’t get too much right
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:
    100% false sorry to say
    If all upgrades are at 100, then silver is at 100 when the max is 40 (100/40), making it 2.5 times better than 100/100. Having 5 tiers where everyone only plays teams at their tier is, as was stated, the easy fix and there would be no room for complaints 
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:
    100% false sorry to say
    If all upgrades are at 100, then silver is at 100 when the max is 40 (100/40), making it 2.5 times better than 100/100. Having 5 tiers where everyone only plays teams at their tier is, as was stated, the easy fix and there would be no room for complaints 
    Oh there would be.  Further leveling of the playing field would only accentuate the remaining variables which would be RNG variance to a small degree and how much/many resources a person is willing to commit.  For me this event is the baldest faced money grab featured.  To win you first apparently have to be silver or gold, and then you have to SPEND!!!  A clubmate won his bracket and dumped all his accrued coins and another 2k gold to get it done.  

To fix it for me would be to maintain your regular squad......in that way all the investments and work spent on team building factor in as variables in results .......hard work, time and money spent chasing and building a squad actually factoring into the gameplay and results JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER MODES OF THE GAME!!!!!   

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I honestly can’t believe I said there would be no room for complaints. 

There’s always room for complaints. Always 
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    It starts again in 2 hours
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Option 1 to fix extra bases... 🤔 ummm make it not like cvc 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

As I stated in the other thread, they apparently put on the "impossible" switch for silver teams now.

I am now SEVEN games in without a hit. First three batters are capped out 290 level legends. None have yet to get on base.

I'm done with EB.

If they make HoF WoH any more "impossible", I'm done with this game.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

They will.  We are 10days away from the next noticeable bump.  It’s not a conspiracy though....this is the game.  Bumps happen and creep on you just like a rising tide (speaking of which....  🏄‍♀️).......there are haves and have nots in this game and to stay ahead of the tide IS the point of the game for me.  How to do it?   That’s the fun!  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:

They will.  We are 10days away from the next noticeable bump.  It’s not a conspiracy though....this is the game.  Bumps happen and creep on you just like a rising tide (speaking of which....  🏄‍♀️).......there are haves and have nots in this game and to stay ahead of the tide IS the point of the game for me.  How to do it?   That’s the fun!  
    It honestly won't matter if they keep the pitchers at level 1.
    All I know is that my planned upgrade for a rhb finisher in siggy Judge is probably not going to happen so I’m in the market for that big rhb in advance expectation of an upcoming pitcher shuffle with a Lhp at 6.10. 
    So you see Dr.......even guys who cycle cap HOF players weekly (or especially guys who cycle cap HOF players weekly) still feel the pressure of the constant advancement of the game and scramble to keep up with it.   
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    If there’s any certainty to anything in this game, it’s that there will be difficulty bumps coming soon.  I think there will be another one in the next week or two judging by Royale (while only 420 overall the skills are ideal for the mode the last two weeks).  I’m a diamond player who doesn’t mess with HoF much (I can likely do it as I did go for 18 this past Wednesday to cap the prime) but it serves you well if you’re constantly looking and upgrading your lineup whenever possible especially the top 4-6 spots.  

I’m unsure personally how I’ll end up without having the PotM crutch from the last two months giving me the effect of 2-4 low end bxp legend players but I’ll manage it’s just WoH life.  Fortunately pitching has stayed at level 1 vs ‘18 where at the end level 6 and 7 pitchers were common.  I’m also hoping the off-season also means premium exp players will become a bit more plentiful to offset not having PotM guys.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I’ve been sitting on a hoard of LXP waiting to cap a lefty HOF closer, but I keep pulling guys who simply aren’t ideal. First it was Campaneris, but he’s a righty and I pulled him right after cycle capping Cabrera. Then I pulled Dykstra, who would be great but since one of his skills is OB, he can’t be used as a true closer. I tried hard to land Edmunds, but no dice (pulled Carter twice instead).

Then yesterday I pulled Buckner, a lefty with double RHP skills. Which is amazing, except for the fact that I am stacked at 1B (already have Konerko, and also have sig primes Zimmerman and Yuli, one of which is likely going to 500 before long).

I really would prefer to level an OF, but I can’t see picking Dykstra over Buckner given the skills they have. Ugh.