ATGs have arrived......

Comments

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    What about that other new skill? It has a ball w/ a 1 next to it???
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    Thanks @DFBB memory is horrible. 
    Well it doesn’t appear they are going to be released this weekend not it the store and not in the list of bonus players. Ugh disappointment  after disappointment  😞
    I'm guessing they show up a little later- they need everyone to chase the weekend boxes first 😂

And they may never be an event bonus - dont think they ever were last year - being ATGs was the bonus apparently 
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If that skill truly is only up or down by 3 or fewer runs, then yuck.  Not sure he is worth leveling.
    Gross.

Isn’t that the same type of skill as rally but it goes both ways?
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @benny100 true atgs were very rarely bonus and when they were it was very late in the year. So there is hope 🤞

🤮🤮🤮 . The 1st pitch?! That’s it?
  • matt_sackettmatt_sackett Registered Users, Member 1,540 Posts
    Leadoff too...wtf
    Nothing in life is as beautiful as the Balsamic thread.

• mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    I suppose that could be useful in CVC, since you only get one pitch anyway.  Just don't foul it off ...
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts

Actually if you believe skills don’t activate / deactivate for WOH, which I do, that is amazing 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    At least for WOH
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    you guys start in a 3-2 count in cvc and 3-0 in woh. not first pitch. awful skill
    I guess we need to ask someone to define exactly what “first pitch” actually means 😂
    I think Criffy is right it’s not the first pitch in woh or cvc. Won’t be active. We see 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    BUYER BEWARE - Jackie Robinson was NOT a switch hitter, so expect that at some point he will be fixed to become a righty.  My honest belief is that Glu decides on specific numbers/skills to assign to a player and then randomly generate a player name, without any regard to the actual player's career and/or attributes.  There don't seem to be any quality control checks in their process.
    Someone can certainly test whether it starts on in CVC in about 8.5 hours.

(It won't be me, of course, because there's literally zero chance I will be buying any of these crap boxes, so I won't have anyone with this new skill)
    BUYER BEWARE - Jackie Robinson was NOT a switch hitter, so expect that at some point he will be fixed to become a righty.  My honest belief is that Glu decides on specific numbers/skills to assign to a player and then randomly generate a player name, without any regard to the actual player's career and/or attributes.  There don't seem to be any quality control checks in their process.
    I think he is already updated to RH
    They’ve already changed him
    Hopefully no one leveled him before the change, with the expectation that he'd be a switch hitter :wink:  
    I think Criffy is right it’s not the first pitch in woh or cvc. Won’t be active. We see 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Hopefully next we'll see a skill that only triggers in the 5th inning, or against pitchers named "Jack," or when your team is up exactly 2 runs.  smh
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    My honest belief is that Glu decides on specific numbers/skills to assign to a player and then randomly generate a player name, without any regard to the actual player's career and/or attributes.  There don't seem to be any quality control checks in their process.
    when they had matt beaty as the top hit rating earlier this year, i realized they just put a name on the newest release to be a "baseball game." the names on the player cards are simply a marketing tool to keep us interested, as most of us were likely baseball fans when we initially downloaded the game.

either way, i prefer the better built players for the game, regardless of whether that reflects their real life skill. i view this as a game, not something they are trying to simulate from real life attributes.
    criffy said:
    when they had matt beaty as the top hit rating earlier this year, i realized they just put a name on the newest release to be a "baseball game." the names on the player cards are simply a marketing tool to keep us interested, as most of us were likely baseball fans when we initially downloaded the game.

either way, i prefer the better built players for the game, regardless of whether that reflects their real life skill. i view this as a game, not something they are trying to simulate from real life attributes.
    I totally agree and yet for some reason I continue to be disappointed on a regular basis.  I'm eagerly awaiting the Mario Mendoza ATG as a left handed catcher.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Hopefully next we'll see a skill that only triggers in the 5th inning, or against pitchers named "Jack," or when your team is up exactly 2 runs.  smh
    I really hope for that "on the 12th pitch of the at bat" skill.  Or maybe an "extra speed" skill, but it's only for fielding.  It's for when the right fielder wants to go all the way to left field and make the play and vice versa.  Hire me glu!  I can come up with all kinds of worthless skills.
    Just no.  
    What is this skill???
    Didn’t that used to be the icon for WoH last year? It looks familiar 
    edited October 2019
    First pitch - actually scratch that - its something diff

Lead off hitter I think
    Nope...that’s the one with a ball and 1

So leadoff? First batter in the inning?? Is first batting position even a baseball term???
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    The close skill a pretty massive disappointment for an ATG.  Pretty much renders him never boosted for cvc since the other skill is late innings.
    Regarding WOh he is only useful for the mid-lower level rounds. (Not active to start 4.10, 5.9, 5.10, 6.8, 6.9, 6.10 of HOF)
    So that leaves us with an ATG that specializes in lower level WOH rounds.  Man that seems very ridiculous to me.  To bad because the idea of Jackie was really cool
    edited October 2019
    Wow so Jackie’s skill is “close game”? That’s so disappointing. Can someone post a picture of that skills description? 

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    While glu gave him the tag of ATG, he uses lxp and I see no indication his rating will ever change.  Doesn’t look like he is an ATG the way we remember in 18
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard