New version for Android? 2.0.3 in the play store(please read!)

benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
edited October 2019 in General TSB Discussion

Prev13

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    A friend said that not much has changed.Things are going fine for me so I don't see a reason for me to update. Hopefully, others can chime in with better results.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    I'm not going first either.....
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    The new update is good.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    does that mean @retirepujols is back?
    criffy said:
    does that mean @retirepujols is back?
    As part of his community service, he's volunteered to be first in line for all updates. I told you man, he's legit!

I played a bonus game (obviously no fp) and it's atleast as good as it used to be. Look at that Bellinger offer 👀😂 (still waiting for CS to get me back into my account before I can hand it off- they haven't responded in over 24 hours 😊). *I said it's good, based off my load time and ONE bonus game- experiences may vary*
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Get ready for the stickers 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    @DFBB, you're on Android and went the APK route and things are good. Is that correct? I'm still scared to try ANY update.
    Apparently it's horrendous for others 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
    Okay guys, here's my experience:

-a few days ago, I had uninstalled and installed via an APK and 2.0.2 was great for me. It was slightly better than the previous update.
    -today, I uninstalled the apk version and installed the new 2.0.3 version from the google play store. ABSOLUTE crap. The sims were agonizingly slow. I restarted my phone and the same resuls.
    -I uninstalled the google play version and installed the 2.0.3 version via an APK. It's amazing! By far, the best android experience I've had this year(although, the bar is rather low).

****Some have reported favorably from the update in the google play store so it appears to be a YMMV(your mileage may vary) thing. I'm not certain of glu's stance on using an apk version so I don't feel comfortable sharing that link here. However, if you're interested, I'll pm you the link.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    A few players in my club use droid. They said they contacted CS and it was back to “normal speed” whatever that mean for those of you that use droid. 
    yeah i just dl'ed the update, wow is this almost how an iOS user feels?
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    fastest its ever been on droids all year. Google version has issues still.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    welp, that's the first time i had the panning screen error on a prime game...? have the apk version btw
    @criffy thru Google or apk?
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    DFBB said:

-a few days ago, I had uninstalled and installed via an APK and 2.0.2 was great for me. It was slightly better than the previous update.
    -today, I uninstalled the apk version and installed the new 2.0.3 version from the google play store. ABSOLUTE crap. The sims were agonizingly slow. I restarted my phone and the same resuls.
    -I uninstalled the google play version and installed the 2.0.3 version via an APK. It's amazing! By far, the best android experience I've had this year(although, the bar is rather low).

****Some have reported favorably from the update in the google play store so it appears to be a YMMV(your mileage may vary) thing. I'm not certain of glu's stance on using an apk version so I don't feel comfortable sharing that link here. However, if you're interested, I'll pm you the link.
     Just to piggy back this. I did the same thing. I didn't play the game after the update. I just couldn't sit there and tap once every 30 seconds when I already had a rhythm, lol. So I downloaded the game via APK and I was just happy to be tapping again. No lag and I was back to my rhythm. I just updated to version 2.0.3 via apk and let me just say.... 
    Like, it's scary fast.
    It's  "I had to check and make sure my pixel 2xl didn't turn into an iPhone without my consent" fast.  This is a step above heaven. Omg, I may be able to cycle D6 a few times this weekend. OK, back to work I go! 

~UNAGI~
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I played a bonus game (obviously no fp) and it's atleast as good as it used to be. Look at that Bellinger offer 👀😂 (still waiting for CS to get me back into my account before I can hand it off- they haven't responded in over 24 hours 😊). *I said it's good, based off my load time and ONE bonus game- experiences may vary*
    man that Bellinger sure looks tempting I bet ;0
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Updated to 2.0.3 and I can't change to Manual batting order. Just in time for CVC. 
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Galaxy S8+ & I am not having the same experience.  Tried Google & APK of both 2.0 versions and both are easily 3x slower than APK 1.2... 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Downloaded 2.0.3 from the Play Store.  It's moderately better for me than before, but bonus game speeds still aren't acceptable for long-term cycling (between 37-43 seconds per game main menu to main menu.)
    I just timed it, took 70 seconds to do 3 bonus games. way faster than before anecdotally. i'm not a d6 cycler so doesnt matter too much for me - just hope the load times are faster for woh
    JCAM80 said:
    Galaxy S8+ & I am not having the same experience.  Tried Google & APK of both 2.0 versions and both are easily 3x slower than APK 1.2... 
    APK version 2.0.3 didn't work well for you? I did a fresh install from it and it's great.
  • RougherRougher Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    I used the APK version and it works great for me. Faster than ever.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Installed the APK version on my Samsung Galaxy 9+. Amazing results. Thanks to all who recommended trying this. 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    DFBB said:

installed the 2.0.3 version via an APK. It's amazing! By far, the best android experience I've had this year(although, the bar is rather low).
    Did exactly the same thing and game has been crazy improved (Prime/Bonus/CvC/Switching between menus/modes are all WAY FASTER). If WoH is this fast I might start cycle capping myself like some of you. In the past it generally took me 40-60 minutes for each cycle so I just stopped at 1-3 runs.

There's still two issues they haven't addressed. CvC pan glitch has happened twice. Swapping out lineup players still crashes the game after subbing the 4th or 5th guy if you have a big Inactive Player Pool (mines 80/85 used)
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Cvc panning still happens on my iPhone X. 
  • ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Woke up to an auto update from play store and the auto plays in prime event were horribly slow compared to last night. I uninstalled and used an apk to reinstall and its all good now. I really don't understand what's going on in the play store but I am sure glad there are other ways to get the job done on android.
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    Uninstalled and installed APK, speed is amazing but videos wont load.  Cleared cache and reset ID to no luck.  Anyone having issues on their end with videos?
  • crazyindapegcrazyindapeg Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    The new update is still horriawful! 
    The new update is still horriawful! 
    Update through an apk and it's nice.