New Skills

BIGDADDYELKBIGDADDYELK Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Was trying to see if anybody had a list of what some of these new skills are? 
Prev134

Comments

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    They're all trash.  Don't waste your gold on those boxes of, basically, one skilled players.
    Just no.  
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Leadoff skill is my new favorite skill: 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Ok, so QQ:

Why is everyone knocking the 3-run skill, but just a few days ago folks here were praising the 4-run skill.

I think both happen to suck.

Why is this one getting knocked?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

It’s the or fewer limiter that is being derided.  
  • RookieTapperRookieTapper Registered Users, Member 160 Posts

Ok, so QQ:

Why is everyone knocking the 3-run skill, but just a few days ago folks here were praising the 4-run skill.

I think both happen to suck.

Why is this one getting knocked?

I don’t speak for everyone, but for me the 4-run skill (blowout) is great because:
    1. In most game modes, my team is winning by 4 or more runs for most of the game.
    2. It’s incredible for CVC
    3. And lastly, this isn’t a popular opinion, but if you believe skills don’t turn on/off in the middle of a WOH round (like I do) then the blowout skill is great for a WOH late round finisher (in the late rounds you are normally down by 4 or more runs) 

the 3 run skills would be, in turn, not as good for the exact same reasons, because it’s the opposite. 
    Old school skills........

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Would lead off skill be active in woh? 
    If it’s not... then well... 🤢
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Leadoff skill is my new favorite skill: 

Do you think this skill will be active at the start of bases empty WOH rounds, and that skills don't turn on/off mid-round? Otherwise I don't see the appeal of the skill. Unless you think if you put a player in leadoff spot in your normal lineup it will activate that skill for that hitter in all game modes?
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Here's a better question on the Leadoff skill: If you set your lineup manually and put the guy in the leadoff spot, does that mean his Leadoff skill will be active at all times in all game modes?  I seriously doubt it, but if so ...
  • Shadow451Shadow451 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Would lead off skill be active in woh? 
    That’s a good question.  If the player is in the lead off spot of your order it should be technically.  But...
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

It would seem the "first batter position" would turn off in WoH after your first curve out.

JK, I mean first hit or whatever.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

edited October 2019
    But that's the thing: there's a long-running debate about whether skills turn on and off mid-WOH round.  Color me firmly in the camp that says they don't because you never actually change batters.  Without changing batters, it's almost like the app treats the entire WOH round as one single at-bat, with the terms of skill engagement set one time at the very beginning of the "at-bat."  Which is why guys with the Blowout skill work so well as WOH closers.  If the Blowout skill turned off once you closed the gap to fewer than 4 runs, you should get curved to death shortly thereafter.  But you don't.  I know, because I have been using guys with the Blowout skill as WOH closers the last few weeks.

Just my theory, anyway.
    Here's a better question on the Leadoff skill: If you set your lineup manually and put the guy in the leadoff spot, does that mean his Leadoff skill will be active at all times in all game modes?  I seriously doubt it, but if so ...
    That's exactly what I'm going with... 😬
    Interesting, I hope someone tests this on Monday and posts results, I won't be getting him this weekend. Could be a useful skill if it works like that.
    edited October 2019
    Interesting, I hope someone tests this on Monday and posts results, I won't be getting him this weekend. Could be a useful skill if it works like that.
    I can certainly be wrong, but that's how I read it. Here's hoping!

edit: The name of the skill is a bit misleading, but the description is what I'm going with. If he's at the first batting position, his skills are on. He doesn't necessarily need to lead off an inning.
    @DFBB I get this is just your interpretation. When I saw your first post I was like why would DFBB like this skill? Then I re-read the description and figured what you were likely thinking. I usually need people smarter than me to figure things out first lol.

Now I am wondering, if the skill does work like that, and you can manual set your lineup for righties and lefties, could you manipulate the skill and have it active for 2 players during WOH? 

Interested to see the results.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Couldn't you have it active for every player during WOH? Just change your lineup between rounds...
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    Assuming you end up with multiple players with this skill
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @checkitmyles very good point.. for that reason I can’t see it being active for woh. We see 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Pitcher skills
  • HanysYoderHanysYoder Registered Users, Member 209 Posts
    Just pulled him from CvC. Idk about the skills though 😬😬 also they just love giving me legends knowing I can’t upgrade them 😂

I am Cornholio, I need TP for my bunghole
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Was the “Hot Hitter” skill (the flames) always 1 hit? Or did they just change it to be 1 hit?
    YardGoats said:
    Was the “Hot Hitter” skill (the flames) always 1 hit? Or did they just change it to be 1 hit?
    It used to be 2 hits. It's an interesting skill now.
  • UltimateWarriorUltimateWarrior Registered Users, Member 543 Posts
    @HanysYoder at least his skills are active during CVC
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    From my cvc win, didn't even notice they changed the hot hitter skill from 2 to 1 hits. Definitely makes it more attractive.
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    @HanysYoder at least his skills are active during CVC

The real test will be WOH on Monday. Would like to know if that skill is “on” when the at-bat starts. 
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    From my cvc win, didn't even notice they changed the hot hitter skill from 2 to 1 hits. Definitely makes it more attractive.

Dang I want that Bernie bad don’t even care about his skills just one of my favorite Yankees. Bring back the 90s
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Pitcher skills
    Which of those two new skills is prime Mikolas 2nd skill ? I pulled him but I haven't updated the app yet so I can't see what his 2nd skill is