Matchup Question?

likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
Why does my Minors gold club get matched with a Cooperstown diamond club in CVC?
Getting beat up pretty bad. 
Is it just a way for Glu to feed their Whales?
Seems extremely unfair that we aren’t even able to compete and keep getting pushed farther down. 

Comments

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I think the first cvc on your schedule is based up on the previous day's event ranking. Thereafter it depends on how many points you put up on your previous matchup. So if you want an easy next matchup knowing that you're going to lose, you want to sandbag your scores that round
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    sandbagging is the name of the game for me. Not that my scores are great but most matchups I only play 1 or 2 rounds. Unfortunately I was a victim of the cvc panning epidemic and it got me started off on the wrong foot this weekend. 
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Yeah man, what @2003cobra said. Sandbagging is great. I win a large majority of CVC matchups by doing this, as do a lot of people on this forum. Unless you're trying for FP milestones, there's really no need to try and win with millions when you can easily win with only a few hundred or even a few thousand. Even if you are chasing fp milestones, you can always CVC dump in random clubs and save 1 or 2 tickets and go back to your club and win with very little. This also works better if you have a solo CvC club. 
    ~UNAGI~
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Doesn't work on new update. Once you leave your club you will lose your entries if you jump into a lower tier club. So jumping from my diamond club to a bronze club I went from 9 to 5 which really hurt because when your going for FP every free entry counts.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Doesn't work on new update. Once you leave your club you will lose your entries if you jump into a lower tier club. So jumping from my diamond club to a bronze club I went from 9 to 5 which really hurt because when your going for FP every free entry counts.
    Wow. I was not aware of that since I haven't gotten FP yet since the update. Good to know!
    ~UNAGI~
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Still free to go around and try to blow up clubs on your level though at diamond there’s no “dead” clubs like at every other level.