New Skills

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    From my cvc win, didn't even notice they changed the hot hitter skill from 2 to 1 hits. Definitely makes it more attractive.

Dang I want that Bernie bad don’t even care about his skills just one of my favorite Yankees. Bring back the 90s
    I pulled Bernie, but I rarely level guys with useless WOH skills. Assuming hot hitter doesn’t turn on in the middle of the round, Bernie has a maximum of one skill active, and not even that in hard rounds of HOF.  Don’t like it. 
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Pitcher skills
    Which of those two new skills is prime Mikolas 2nd skill ? I pulled him but I haven't updated the app yet so I can't see what his 2nd skill is
    Second skill is first pitch for Mikolas.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    Pitcher skills
    Which of those two new skills is prime Mikolas 2nd skill ? I pulled him but I haven't updated the app yet so I can't see what his 2nd skill is
    Second skill is first pitch for Mikolas.
    Thanks! While we're at it can you tell me what's the 2nd skill for sig prime Cole too ? Appreciate the help
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    For Cole second skill is early innings. Trying to land him myself. No luck so far.
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited October 2019
    For Cole second skill is early innings. Trying to land him myself. No luck so far.
    Thanks, yeah I'm trying to land him too. It's highly unlikely the Astros will lose both games at home and I already have Scherzer, so i would have one guaranteed 500 overall SP if I can pull Cole
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    This guy will ride the bench for me unfortunately.. but pulled him from cvc 
    And... from the gift box just given out. I have dh left to fill for a full 490 lineup. Idk if I’ll level him... I just don’t know about that arrow skill?? 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    I think that skill is really good for woh, just not as a finisher. Mid rounds guy
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Thing is I personally don’t level legends to be good mid round guys.   
    Yeah he's got a full squad of 490s tho so I'm sure he's covered
    He hasn’t missed one or missed sharing one that’s for sure.  
    I like to share 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Good times!  ;)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    He hasn’t missed sharing one that’s for sure.  

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I wish they had trades... 
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    I wish they had trades... 
    This game would be exploited and farmed out of existence if there were trading.
    ebay auction #3275692485694 (TSB '19 Legend Bernie Williams) - $9.99 
    edited October 2019
    We know that 'leadoff' works in all non-woh modes. Really, hoping/expecting for it to work in WoH too. I guess we'll find out in about 33 minutes!
    Confirmed!!! Leadoff skill-god mode- THE BEST =the numero UNO! active in all modes, at all times!
    so how does it work exactly? just put him in your manual lineup first?
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    The first pitch skill was on as well.  So maybe these skills are better than I thought they'd be.  Guess it's good I pulled 4 of them from free and cvc boxes this weekend.
    Just no.  
  • pleeman11pleeman11 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Confirmed!!! Leadoff skill-god mode- THE BEST =the numero UNO! active in all modes, at all times!
    It's an amazing skill if you have you're own personalized player or an ATG with the skill. But for every other player, it will only be a good skill until you get a better player w/ the same skill.
    pleeman11 said:
    DFBB said:
    It's an amazing skill if you have you're own personalized player or an ATG with the skill. But for every other player, it will only be a good skill until you get a better player w/ the same skill.
    Those are all fair points, but the upside is amazing. Leveling decisions become even more important.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I can see a new skill in the future. Cleanup batter!  You know it’s coming. Lol
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    The first pitch skill was on as well. 

Really? Someone in our club just posted a screen shot showing it as not active.

EDIT: Whoops! It is ON in the screenshot. I'm blind.
    The first pitch skill was on as well.  So maybe these skills are better than I thought they'd be.  Guess it's good I pulled 4 of them from free and cvc boxes this weekend.
    I also expected the 1st pitch to be on, but whether it turns off will be an interesting debate. Either way, I also love that skill. 
    DFBB said:
    I also expected the 1st pitch to be on, but whether it turns off will be an interesting debate. Either way, I also love that skill. 

Would lead me to believe that with the update they've changed WOH so that skills activate/deactivate during the at bat.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    Yeah I kind of do too.  I thought it would be off just because you start with a 3-0 count.  Eaton can be a nice mid level WoH guy for me now... depending on if the skills turn on/off during the round.
    Just no.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Konerko and his blowout skill are still mowing down 4.10 and 5.10, so I haven't seen anything that would make me believe skills turn on/off mid-WOH round.
    @mwilson829 nice, I don't have a blowout skill guy in my top 3 or 4 anymore so I'm unable to test it, really.
    edited October 2019
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

Would lead me to believe that with the update they've changed WOH so that skills activate/deactivate during the at bat.
    The million dollar question that glu can’t even answer  do they activate/deactivate? 🤨🤷🏻‍♂️