New version for Android? 2.0.3 in the play store(please read!)

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The new update is still horriawful! 
    Update through an apk and it's nice.
    Still experiencing a handful of issues.  Biggest being not being able to set line-up.  Big issue for CVC
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Millecors said:
    DFBB said:
    Still experiencing a handful of issues.  Biggest being not being able to set line-up.  Big issue for CVC
    I've seen many others with the issues with lineups too. It appears to be hit/miss there. What other issues are you having? 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • sherold22sherold22 Registered Users, Member 84 Posts
    Mine is slower
    DFBB said:
    Millecors said:
    DFBB said:
    I've seen many others with the issues with lineups too. It appears to be hit/miss there. What other issues are you having? 
    On the "Team", "Improve" tab it has all the players in a random order.
    When using an ice pack it doesn't visually change your team strength to that as your ace.  And in the upper left corner it still shows the previous pitchers name while you auto play through.  That being said,  it is in fact your ace that pitched.

I have tried going through the Strategy tab for the line-up issue, no luck.
    I have tried a fresh install through both APK and Google Play.  No luck. (Fyi, Google Play still lags like a mofo)
    All that being said lov
    I was saying how much I love the speed using APK.
    The issues you described seem to be consistent with 2.0.3. I don't know the cause, but it appears hit/miss. Myself and many others have no such bugs(yet). Hopefully, things will get squared soon.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    Millecors said:
    DFBB said:
    Millecors said:
    DFBB said:
    On the "Team", "Improve" tab it has all the players in a random order.
    When using an ice pack it doesn't visually change your team strength to that as your ace.  And in the upper left corner it still shows the previous pitchers name while you auto play through.  That being said,  it is in fact your ace that pitched.

I have tried going through the Strategy tab for the line-up issue, no luck.
    I have tried a fresh install through both APK and Google Play.  No luck. (Fyi, Google Play still lags like a mofo)
    All that being said lov
    The issue you described about using an ice pack and it still showing the other pitchers name in the corner during auto play, has always been an issue. That's nothing new. I noticed it months ago.
    ~UNAGI~
  • nwaredstar77nwaredstar77 Registered Users, Member 222 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Okay guys, here's my experience:

-a few days ago, I had uninstalled and installed via an APK and 2.0.2 was great for me. It was slightly better than the previous update.
    -today, I uninstalled the apk version and installed the new 2.0.3 version from the google play store. ABSOLUTE crap. The sims were agonizingly slow. I restarted my phone and the same resuls.
    -I uninstalled the google play version and installed the 2.0.3 version via an APK. It's amazing! By far, the best android experience I've had this year(although, the bar is rather low).

****Some have reported favorably from the update in the google play store so it appears to be a YMMV(your mileage may vary) thing. I'm not certain of glu's stance on using an apk version so I don't feel comfortable sharing that link here. However, if you're interested, I'll pm you the link.
    Lol... Dont update. Theres 0 reason to.
    Also @DFBB when you Dl an app from google play store you're dling an apk. Google play store just has that fancy ui that just tells you its downliading, and installing. And it already has all the permissions needed (waayyyyyy more than, actually) to dl and install the apk without your permission once you click install. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I reported these issues in-app to CS asking to file/+1/increses the priority of the bug report. They told me I need to have 3GB of available drive space and to reboot my phone. At least it's not my wifi causing problems this time! 
    DFBB said:

-a few days ago, I had uninstalled and installed via an APK and 2.0.2 was great for me. It was slightly better than the previous update.
    -today, I uninstalled the apk version and installed the new 2.0.3 version from the google play store. ABSOLUTE crap. The sims were agonizingly slow. I restarted my phone and the same resuls.
    -I uninstalled the google play version and installed the 2.0.3 version via an APK. It's amazing! By far, the best android experience I've had this year(although, the bar is rather low).

****Some have reported favorably from the update in the google play store so it appears to be a YMMV(your mileage may vary) thing. I'm not certain of glu's stance on using an apk version so I don't feel comfortable sharing that link here. However, if you're interested, I'll pm you the link.
    The new update is amazing from apk pure. As far as the differences from Google, I was told a different story. End of the day, 2.0.3 is fantastic for me and I'd strongly advise it.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think its ridiculous that it took 6 months for us to get this version, and to be fair its not even the google version that most android users are using because its still broken, we all downloaded the .apk which is running great. I'm also glad that @blueleopard has been more open with the community and agree that its best to not to dwell on the past and move forward, hopefully things continue to improve in the last few months of the app.The new update from apk pure has been the best version for androids since its release. Not sure why they cant figure why its still bad from Googles end but it is what it is so till they do I wont be updating from Google.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    Thank you for sneaking in the word 'pure'. I was trying mirror for the latest version and it was no improvement,  pure is where it's at !
    JCAM80 said:
    Thank you for sneaking in the word 'pure'. I was trying mirror for the latest version and it was no improvement,  pure is where it's at !
    My bad bro. I thought you already knew. Glad it's working out now though.
    edited October 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    I think its ridiculous that it took 6 months for us to get this version, and to be fair its not even the google version that most android users are using because its still broken, we all downloaded the .apk which is running great. I'm also glad that @blueleopard has been more open with the community and agree that its best to not to dwell on the past and move forward, hopefully things continue to improve in the last few months of the app.The new update from apk pure has been the best version for androids since its release. Not sure why they cant figure why its still bad from Googles end but it is what it is so till they do I wont be updating from Google.
    I

I agree with all points said here. Dont know

@blueleopard any but will say that if cs was honest and open like I've been seeing his posts here recently, I'd have taken quite a bit less of my 1-2 week breaks from the game (the breaks where we say we're quitting then end up coming back, like always)
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:

The new update is amazing from apk pure. As far as the differences from Google, I was told a different story. End of the day, 2.0.3 is fantastic for me and I'd strongly advise it.
    I'd like BL or some GLU spokesperson to verbally confirm that downloading APK is kosher.  Has that happened?

It would be counterproductive of me to rush to do this because they can't fix the problem only to eventually wind up jailed.  I know you likely don't have to worry about that but confirmation would be good for us lesser knowns.  
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    You shouldn't get jailed unless you have an unsigned or altered copy of the APK.  If all APKPure does is take the exact APK and puts it on their site, there is no difference.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I went ahead with the apk install. Games play faster, but I'm still unable to manually set lineup. 
    @Wicked0Wildcats I doubt that they want to publicly support the apk. Obviously, I don't work for glu so I can't give you that peace of mind, but I'm certain we won't get jailed over this. I've never done anything to jeopardize my account and there's certainly no need for me to start now. Furthermore, I've helped countless people update through the apk. Obviously, the other option would just be to wait it out. 
  • BwianmanBwianman Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    edited October 2019
    I downloaded the apk thru apkpure but it won't open and I can't even install it with an apk installer..
  • Dc3085Dc3085 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    I installed apk and everything seems to be working properly now. Thanks DFBB
  • cgainzcgainz Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Where can I get the APK? My game literally took 4:12 to load the cvc bonus screen. Just showed the pitcher on the mound 
    cgainz said:
    Where can I get the APK? My game literally took 4:12 to load the cvc bonus screen. Just showed the pitcher on the mound 
    Sent you a message

• Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    cgainz said:
    This happened to me on the last CvC and I have the 2.03 APK. Could only play 3/8 rounds. It happened after I opened the 2 gift boxes.
  • cgainzcgainz Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Got the APK version.... Holy Flash Batman. CvC is so quick on the auto play
  • philliesknockerphilliesknocker Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Where is the APK version?
  • philliesknockerphilliesknocker Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    Ok, so downloaded apk version, game speeds are incredible but still cant set my lineup manually. App is much more responsive though which is nice.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Yeah I can't set mine either. Who knows?
    2.0.3 seems to have a random bug with setting lineups. Some are effected, some are okay. From what I understand, 2.0.2 doesn't have that issue. Guys need to decide for themselves if they want to go back to 2.0.2.
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I'm pretty sure that we forum members have made more progress on this issue this weekend than the developers have. Cheers!