What Is The Ideal Rating Advantage Needed To Get A Fair Shot in HoF WoH? I Promise No More Whining..

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Moving on from being a broken record constantly whining......

I am in the process of building up resources to go from silver to gold. This is going to take a while as my boss at home has cut me off from spending any more cash on this game. I'm gonna hammer double gold this week and wait on Blue Boxes to keep up the progress.

With that in mind, what is your "sweet spot" in order to get a fair shake in WoH HoF, especially 6.10?  I get the "game of math concept" completely.

As mentioned, I am currently Silver with a Legend at every spot in the lineup. I am also collecting lefties to accommodate the matchup favorability as well. I can beat every level of Monday WoH with ease, but do have some struggles in All Star 5.9 and 5.10. On HoF, I can play through 6.1 - 6.9 with no trouble as well.  I timed it yesterday and can play those nine rounds in about 7-8 minutes, so team strength is there.

To keep it simple, is it 2, 2.5, 3, etc?

For example, if the pitcher rating is 100 and batter is 200 (2x)

Pitcher 100 batter is 250 (2.5x) and so on.

Yes, I get it, if you go gold it will increase, platinum higher, diamond higher than that.  Either way, there has to be a threshold somewhere that allows for better odds.

Yesterday, I had a 6.10 matchup that was about 2.1X. It would display on the screen as a favorable matchup, just like every other round, but I was getting curved out often, or I would be allowed to get some guys on base, pull within 2 or 3 runs, only to hit into a double or triple play.  A TP happened THREE times. I quit after the third TP. I had another video reboot but didn't care any longer at that point. It was clear I wasn't going to win.

So, working on next week, I can focus on a 490 Lefty to build up. I know what skills to target and all that. Just looking for the favorable math.......

TY

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev13

Comments

• cubschampions2016cubschampions2016 Registered Users, Member 117 Posts

Moving on from being a broken record constantly whining......

I am in the process of building up resources to go from silver to gold. This is going to take a while as my boss at home has cut me off from spending any more cash on this game. I'm gonna hammer double gold this week and wait on Blue Boxes to keep up the progress.

With that in mind, what is your "sweet spot" in order to get a fair shake in WoH HoF, especially 6.10?  I get the "game of math concept" completely.

As mentioned, I am currently Silver with a Legend at every spot in the lineup. I am also collecting lefties to accommodate the matchup favorability as well. I can beat every level of Monday WoH with ease, but do have some struggles in All Star 5.9 and 5.10. On HoF, I can play through 6.1 - 6.9 with no trouble as well.  I timed it yesterday and can play those nine rounds in about 7-8 minutes, so team strength is there.

To keep it simple, is it 2, 2.5, 3, etc?

For example, if the pitcher rating is 100 and batter is 200 (2x)

Pitcher 100 batter is 250 (2.5x) and so on.

Yes, I get it, if you go gold it will increase, platinum higher, diamond higher than that.  Either way, there has to be a threshold somewhere that allows for better odds.

Yesterday, I had a 6.10 matchup that was about 2.1X. It would display on the screen as a favorable matchup, just like every other round, but I was getting curved out often, or I would be allowed to get some guys on base, pull within 2 or 3 runs, only to hit into a double or triple play.  A TP happened THREE times. I quit after the third TP. I had another video reboot but didn't care any longer at that point. It was clear I wasn't going to win.

So, working on next week, I can focus on a 490 Lefty to build up. I know what skills to target and all that. Just looking for the favorable math.......

TY

I cycle hof every week at silver. I use 470 Don Baylor with 12 for each skill to beat oswalt. I also use a 80 gold boost. This usually gets me to a 308 vs 160. Although it can still be hard after that. Took me 3 tries to beat it yesterday with that matchup. I have seen much more success in adding a 15% live boost to that so a 354 to 160 matchup. 2.21X pitcher. There are certain times where 6-10 is just unbeatable. If you can’t even touch oswalt(score at least 3 runs) there is no reason to continue playing at that time, you won’t win no matter what matchup you have. Take 1-2 hours off and come back again and play now. 
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    edited October 2019
    i've seen screenshots of guys winning WOH at bronze. you really need to boost your skills if you want to cycle at lower than gold. i cycle capped at gold yesterday with edmonds and buckner as my finishers, have edmonds skills at 14/13, buckner is at 12/12 right now. had about a 65% success rate on 6-10 (6-9 was a pain too). just telling you if your active skills aren't at least 12/12 at silver, the "math" won't look good

edit: plus you'll need the 80g boost and any "event" boost they give you such as the 5% in the last 3 hrs yesterday.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

TY! Yes, Baylor, Edmonds, and Buckner were three guys I really wanted just for WoH.

Yesterday I had pretty much what you had, but no luck. The Live Boost missing definitely didn't help, obviously.

Appreciate the feedback.

I'm really looking forward to 2020 now. I feel like I have a great plan now that I understand the game. Just started too late this year to do what I want to do next year. I'll be gold within a few months next year.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Some people just can’t win. You’re like the HOF version of Likenight
    He’s been real quiet lately. Must be having a good run or something 

I won PK a couple weeks ago. Beat it twice that evening when the live boost was on.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @drsmartassphd I’m throwing in the towel. Apparently you don’t like to LISTEN to anyone and keep coming on bitching on why your way isn’t working . GO GOLD. I started playing this game in early august. I went gold with no resources . I only spent two weeks saving to go to diamond . You have spent six weeks bitching . Go gold and grow a sack or stfu
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    Some people just can’t win. You’re like the HOF version of Likenight
    He’s been real quiet lately. Must be having a good run or something 
    Nope, just not spending as much, which lowers the sting of my losses/luck. 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    @MoenPDC I agree that @drsmartassphd does a lot of complaining. But at least he does his own thing, his own way. Unlike those that need their hand held every step of the way for every decision they make...🤔
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    I cycle in Gold with 470 L/R finishers with double active skills at 12/12 and another 470 L 10/10 (Carew, McRae, Edmonds jr). The only time I have problems is the late afternoon (PST) difficulty bump, but a gold boost at 6.10 gets rid of that. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @drsmartassphdwhy don’t you post a screen shot of your finishers and we will see if we can help you out. Obviously it can be done at silver level. it might just be a matter of skills or skill levels. Most guys on the forum are here to help and plenty can appreciate your humor
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    While I probably wouldn't have been quite as blunt as @MoenPDC, he's right about a lot of it.  

People worry too much about saving resources.  Just go for it.  Honestly, you will be fine.  The resources come.  If you're constantly saving for more resources it will be time for TSB 2020 before you have enough.  Just level up your top WOH hitters and be done with it.  It will be fine.  The others that you are saving up to level up will be obsolete soon enough anyway.  

He's also right that starting the game late isn't a reason not to level up.  If you play the game enough, you can win at Diamond.  Whether you spend or not.  Really.  

The brutal, honest answer to your question as to who is the guy you need to beat 6-10, is no one.  You will always struggle to do it consistently at Silver.  It does not matter who your closer is, he is not good enough, because you are Silver.  Yes,  you might get lucky sometimes and find a guy wins it for you once or twice one week.  But consistently, no.  And even if you find that perfect,  500 max double WOH, he will be obsolete soon enough.  

The answer,  again,  is to stop waiting and go to gold.  Or don't and go 1 for 30 on 6-10 again next week.  It's really up to you, it's your team.  But there is no right answer to your question other than the one that has been given.  Yes, WOH can be beaten at Silver, it can be beaten at Bronze.  But the consistency you're looking for won't happen.  
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    While I probably wouldn't have been quite as blunt as @MoenPDC, he's right about a lot of it.  

People worry too much about saving resources.  Just go for it.  Honestly, you will be fine.  The resources come.  If you're constantly saving for more resources it will be time for TSB 2020 before you have enough.  Just level up your top WOH hitters and be done with it.  It will be fine.  The others that you are saving up to level up will be obsolete soon enough anyway.  

He's also right that starting the game late isn't a reason not to level up.  If you play the game enough, you can win at Diamond.  Whether you spend or not.  Really.  

The brutal, honest answer to your question as to who is the guy you need to beat 6-10, is no one.  You will always struggle to do it consistently at Silver.  It does not matter who your closer is, he is not good enough, because you are Silver.  Yes,  you might get lucky sometimes and find a guy wins it for you once or twice one week.  But consistently, no.  And even if you find that perfect,  500 max double WOH, he will be obsolete soon enough.  

The answer,  again,  is to stop waiting and go to gold.  Or don't and go 1 for 30 on 6-10 again next week.  It's really up to you, it's your team.  But there is no right answer to your question other than the one that has been given.  Yes, WOH can be beaten at Silver, it can be beaten at Bronze.  But the consistency you're looking for won't happen.  
    “Jarvis, sometimes you have to run before you walk” Tony Stark, 2008 
    There is a chance I started drinking early today. On vacation and wife gave me a honey do list 
    Cheers
    All right. You win. Today is a perfect day to get resources and LXP too in fan rewards. I'll stash up and look to go gold next week.

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    @drsmartassphd....don't give up on this year yet. There is still a long long way to go. Last year I didn't even start playing until September - and I ended up with quite a badass gold team full of legends - that was dominate in both WOH and CVC. So there is still time. Just take what you've learned and start to make a plan - and stick to it. Try to eliminate the emotional/impulse moves that this game is famous for stimulating in players. 
    In short my point is - you haven't missed out on anything yet. In a few weeks all of these Legends and Primes you've missed out on - are going to be passe anyways. New guys are coming out, their gonna be higher rated, and you'll have a shot at remaking your roster with them. Just stick to your plan going forward...and you'll be a beast by year end.

Will do. Is the weekday field pass or weekend field pass better? Or are they the same?

I'm about to spend 15K gold on just LXP. This will be fun..

• checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    When I went gold, I used the weekday field pass and that was incredibly helpful in helping me cap my WOH finishers
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @drsmartassphd If I were you, I would only save up enough LXP to level 2 legends at most.  If you have any current POTM guys, level them as high as you can, and you get legend performance for BXP cost.  The key to moving up is to take advantage of POTM guys to ease your transition.  Use them to cycle cap new guys at the new level. 

When I went gold, I took 4 BXP guys and 2 primes and that was it.  When I went platinum, I took 2 POTM, 2 BXP and 1 prime.  When I went diamond, I took 2 POTM and 2 BXP to D.10, and then took one prime and one legend to D.5.  Since then, I have cycle capped numerous legends and a few key primes.

Long story short: all of the legends you have now will be obsolete before long anyway, so don't worry about building up resources to take them with you.  Shed a tear, leave them behind and only bring your very best guys.  You'll cap new -- and here's the key: BETTER -- legends soon enough.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Nobody should give up on the game now unless they're dead sick of it.  This is when the game usually becomes more fun and cheaper to play.  Better free gifts, 500+ players who will be useful for the remaining life of the game, the good player pulls usually increase, there will be Black Friday and Christmas sales for really awesome players (wait for Ted Williams), etc.  The game is probably more fun from the World Series on than it was before -- likely because they know they have to compensate for baseball season being over.

• duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts

Will do. Is the weekday field pass or weekend field pass better? Or are they the same?

go gold. i remember u making a thread on kruk and he is a beast at gold i think
    @drsmartassphd it isn’t about taking all your legends to gold. I was making the same mistake going diamond. 

Literally the only player I have with me from when I had a full team of gold legends is scoascia , because he’s my binky. 

When I went gold from silver , I was mostly bxp players and I replaced them fast and furiously . 

Anyone can make a good “ looking “ team of legends at a lower level, but if you want to clear WOH you need the right players at the right skills at the right spots. My best player right now is a 430 prime and I have 4 460 and a 490, why he has perfect skills for HOF ( double rhp ) and I have them at 17/17 ( people so underestimate skills ) 

this game is about simple math.  Active skills at the START of woh ( they DONT activate / deactivate , I used a blow out alonso on 4.10 / 5.10 and 6.8 this week and he DESTROYED ) figure out hit rating at start with skills, rank accordingly. 

Example I could bring my scoascia to d6 for 60k , I could also give him 8 total points of skills for that much lxp ( evo lol ) one point of d6 , 12 hit rating, that much skills 35....see where I’m going ?

It’s sad leaving your team behind..... it is what it is . I traded in 7 of my legends, even my beloved mookie 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts

I honestly say screw the boxes.  I can garner way more resources by just cycling HOF, 10K LXP per crack!  But some people swear by them,  and I get it.  

But @MoenPDC is correct, you are going to have to leave some legends behind and accept that a full legend team at the next level isn't going to happen, at least not quickly.  Just pick the ones that will benefit you most in WOH.
    Thanks Moen. I do have a couple of 420 prime guys that are leftys on my bench. I'll keep them for the gold move as well as a few POTM as suggested above.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Everyone has to do things their way. When I first started, I paid attention to what was working for others and applied it to my own style of play. Mistakes will be made, but you'll have fun in the process. Even now, with the game pretty much dried up in terms of 'strategy,' I find a bit of joy in going about things differently than the masses(for example, I refuse to invest in blowouts for WoH purposes). Do it your way. Results be damned, it's the right way.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    @DFBBi don't get why everyone kills WoH with blowout... never works for me. Tried ozzie yesterday at the verlander level, once within 3 runs, i got noodle batted twice in a row. much rather prefer late innings / rhp skills
    criffy said:
    @DFBBi don't get why everyone kills WoH with blowout... never works for me. Tried ozzie yesterday at the verlander level, once within 3 runs, i got noodle batted twice in a row. much rather prefer late innings / rhp skills
    Maybe they're boosting? I don't know. Either way, I'd never invest in it for WoH purposes,
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    Konerko (D.10 with on base and blowout skills at 12/12) killed 4.10, 5.10 and 6.8 yesterday.  Only boost I used was a video boost on 6.8.
    @mrwillson what kind of success rate are you having at those spots?