What Is The Ideal Rating Advantage Needed To Get A Fair Shot in HoF WoH? I Promise No More Whining..

Comments

• scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    I had no problems yesterday with this guy
  • duckk123duckk123 Registered Users, Member 296 Posts
    w a i t w h a t t h e f u c k t h o s e s k i l l s 

• WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    @DFBBi don't get why everyone kills WoH with blowout... never works for me. Tried ozzie yesterday at the verlander level, once within 3 runs, i got noodle batted twice in a row. much rather prefer late innings / rhp skills
    Maybe they're boosting? I don't know. Either way, I'd never invest in it for WoH purposes,
    I don't think anyone is investing in blowout specifically for WOH, or at least I haven't noticed anyone saying that.

What I think is happening is sometimes people end up in a situation where their highest rated hitter has the blowout skill, and they're testing it out on the final rounds of WOH to see if it works. I've only tried it a few times with 490 Giambi myself but he killed it, skills only 12/12 and I'm Gold tier. 
  • scottsmith744scottsmith744 Registered Users, Member 170 Posts
    duckk123 said:
    w a i t w h a t t h e f u c k t h o s e s k i l l s 

Lol yeah I did it a couple of weeks ago got mad and had the gold to do i .    He is a beast

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    criffy said:
    @DFBBi don't get why everyone kills WoH with blowout... never works for me. Tried ozzie yesterday at the verlander level, once within 3 runs, i got noodle batted twice in a row. much rather prefer late innings / rhp skills
    Maybe they're boosting? I don't know. Either way, I'd never invest in it for WoH purposes,
    I don't think anyone is investing in blowout specifically for WOH, or at least I haven't noticed anyone saying that.

What I think is happening is sometimes people end up in a situation where their highest rated hitter has the blowout skill, and they're testing it out on the final rounds of WOH to see if it works. I've only tried it a few times with 490 Giambi myself but he killed it, skills only 12/12 and I'm Gold tier. 
    I've actually started to invest in them for CvC, but I've yet to use them for WoH. As a result, I don't have a strong opinion on whether they turn off. Generally, I don't advise guys to invest in them because they don't age well. However, if you're already investing in them for cvc(like myself, for example), then it changes things.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @DFBB I never lost at 4.10 or 5.10. In 11 cycles I think I may have lost at 6.8 once, and even then I think it was more due to bad timing on an otherwise hittable pitch leading to an inning-ending double play. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Now that's a Kruk that you won't kuck. You need to post this beauty in my Kruk thread.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @DFBB I never lost at 4.10 or 5.10. In 11 cycles I think I may have lost at 6.8 once, and even then I think it was more due to bad timing on an otherwise hittable pitch leading to an inning-ending double play. 
    6.8 numbers really impressive. TY so much for breaking it down.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    It’s sad leaving your team behind..... it is what it is . I traded in 7 of my legends, even my beloved mookie 

@MoenPDC

i jumped to Gold monday largely on your suggestions to many others here.

I spent everything, traded away anything not bolted down, and am now resource broke AF.  But excited to see how WOH goes today and this coming Monday

i ran out of resources to take many of the skills higher than 8/8 though.  

Excited to see how this plays out
    Please keep us posted, Monte. I am using the blue boxes now to build resources needed. Got a long way to go...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Everyone has to do things their way. When I first started, I paid attention to what was working for others and applied it to my own style of play. Mistakes will be made, but you'll have fun in the process. Even now, with the game pretty much dried up in terms of 'strategy,' I find a bit of joy in going about things differently than the masses(for example, I refuse to invest in blowouts for WoH purposes). Do it your way. Results be damned, it's the right way.
    @DFBB
    You're absolutely right.  If a guy wants to stay at Bronze all year and enjoys the game that way, by all means do so.  

With that said, if someone is frustrated at Silver wondering who they need to acquire for a closer for consistently good odds at beating 6-10, I'll give them an honest answer that the problem isn't the closer but the level.  
  • mwilson829mwilson829 Registered Users, Member 364 Posts
    @drsmartassphd I've said it before but I'll say it again: if you have a long way to go because you are building resources to bring a substantial portion of your lineup to gold, you are doing way more than necessary to move up.  Get a couple POTM guys, level them with BXP, and level 1-2 legends.  That's all you need.  Before you know it, you'll be cycle capping new legends at G.10 who have higher OVRs than the ones you left behind.
  • checkitmylescheckitmyles Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    To piggyback on what everyone else has said about going gold, my WOH lineup currently has...4 hitters from my best silver WOH lineup, including my legend. 6 of my top 7 WOH hitters are all players I acquired and leveled after making the move to gold. 
    @drsmartassphd I've said it before but I'll say it again: if you have a long way to go because you are building resources to bring a substantial portion of your lineup to gold, you are doing way more than necessary to move up.  Get a couple POTM guys, level them with BXP, and level 1-2 legends.  That's all you need.  Before you know it, you'll be cycle capping new legends at G.10 who have higher OVRs than the ones you left behind.

I'm using the charts DFBB supplied to determine what I need. For two legends, I need close to 80K LXP. I'm doing this by buying only blue boxes now. I'm almost there. Think I'm at like 60K LXP and 90K PXP.

• MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Blowout is awesome if it’s active at the start. I’m 100 percent sure skills don’t activate / deactivate . Alonso ( double blow out at 12/12 ) destroyed 4.10 / 5.10 and 6.8 on Monday. Also cycled once today to get the player, only one skill active , not playing any more woh todsy
    Please keep us posted, Monte. I am using the blue boxes now to build resources needed. Got a long way to go...
    Still can’t beat Petit.  FML

depressing
    Still can’t beat Petit.  FML

depressing
    Lineup, skills? Normally I set up my team for every round of every tier based on matchup and skills. Today I had a feeling the player sucked so I cycled once to see if his second skill was active at start of woh ( where people make their biggest mistake, all that matters ) it wasn’t , so I’ll use him as a bonus player been d6 cycling since . Pxp boxes are up!

its all about the math, just do the math . 
    Top Hitters @MoenPDC

POTM Suarez G10 300 HIT.  Vs LHP 1% ROB 8%

Campaneris G6 291 HIT.  Late Innings 10% vs LHP 8%

Freeman G10 294 HIT.  Vs RHP 6% Late Innings 9%

Cepeda S10 243 HIT.  Blowout 8% and RISP 10%

Reynolds G10 242 HIT.  RISP 5% and ROB 5%
    Royale is all about lefty’s. Doesn’t seem like you have enough 
    Ha!  I don’t have ANY

4 Legends.  All RH
    @MoenPDC

with those guys being RH....and most single skilled for WOH....would you bother to spend the resources to level their skills much beyond 8?

i fee like their utility is going to be short lived, and thus end up facing lower level hitters eventually anyway
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    LOL.....whatever the ideal was yesterday, it just went up 30points today!  

I'm still silver and finally solved the Pettit riddle this week. Beat him every single time with Joe Morgan. Twice started out with six straight curves and come back to win.

Only issue I had yesterday was 5.4 with Beuhler going nuts for about an hour. Couldn't sim past him or beat him. Would see nine straight curves every time with the same guy I beat him with about six times prior. After an hour or so, it went back to normal and I cruised.

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    I cycle in Gold with 470 L/R finishers with double active skills at 12/12 and another 470 L 10/10 (Carew, McRae, Edmonds jr). The only time I have problems is the late afternoon (PST) difficulty bump, but a gold boost at 6.10 gets rid of that. 
    Are you serious about a late afternoon difficulty bump? Where did you find that info or are the pitchers ratings increased and I just haven’t noticed? Also, what’s the point of doing that?
    The "late afternoon bump" would explain my Beuhler story above.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I haven’t noticed anything like that I’ve had good periods where I slaughter the tower, and others like Wednesday at different points of the day where it took 45 minutes to win vs 20-25 as I still struggle a little bit with the middle rounds of Royale on autoplay (I bat the final 4 rounds and well after this next Wednesday I’m going to struggle more as I’ll lose my PotM advantage at the end and have to use 420 primes instead. I’m diamond so still will have a moderate advantage but nowhere near as nice).
    Top Hitters @MoenPDC

POTM Suarez G10 300 HIT.  Vs LHP 1% ROB 8%

Campaneris G6 291 HIT.  Late Innings 10% vs LHP 8%

Freeman G10 294 HIT.  Vs RHP 6% Late Innings 9%

Cepeda S10 243 HIT.  Blowout 8% and RISP 10%

Reynolds G10 242 HIT.  RISP 5% and ROB 5%

The feedback on this has been very helpful the last couple weeks.

Quick Update to this as I track WOH progression.  The above lineup was able to cycle through Classic about 5-6 times.  The frequency really took a hit from how many times I was able to auto through 5.7 without having to restart.  Hoping improvements this weekend will help with this.

I welcome any insight on optimal order for today.

Top Hitters after this weekend:

1 - Suarez POTM.  RHH - 300 HIT - 8% w/ Runners on Base

2 - Freeman.  LHH - 294 HIT - 8% vs RHP - 9% Late Innings

3 - Campaneris.  RHH - 291 HIT - 10% Late Innings - 8% vs LHP

4 - Santana.  Switch Hit - 271 HIT - 6% Late Innings - 5% Close

5 - Moustakas.  LHH - 267 HIT - 8% vs RHP - 8% Runners on Base

6 - Powell.  LHH - 250 HIT - 6% vs RHP - 6% Blowout

7 - Cepeda.  RHH - 249 HIT - 8% Blowout - 10% RISP

Quick note.  Ripping through Classic with ease.  Taking on All-Star for the very first time.  Sitting on 5.9 at the moment.

One quick note....on advice from @moenPDC I spent a ton of time this last week focusing on hitter skill upgrades.  Its made a noticeably HUGE difference.  I'm seeing a fraction of the breaking balls this week.

If you're following along with other threads, wondering how to take team to next level, this would be an area I would say is paramount to pay attention to.  I neglected it for far too long

Just beat All-Star on my very first attempt through.  Holy crap.

For those that spent 7 posts trying to beat the same stupid things in to my head....many thanks for your patience.  Holy crap was that helpful

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Skills are the key. It’s been said a million times on here