Multipliers

2Next

Comments

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I’ll be sure and post them next Wednesday I don’t see the big deal. 😉  what is fight club?? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    nice try :#
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    The rebracketing is even worse now that they only have one big, huge who-can-spend-the-most bracket.

The divisional (minors, majors, cooperstown) brackets that were introduced with the update were not setup to make the game better, but to drive competition/spending and cut back on the amount of resources given out as rewards across the board. Think about this, and using the weekend event as an example- they went from having lets say 20 brackets that give away 3k gold to first place (20 x 3k = 60k gold) to one bracket that gives out 5k gold to first place. Don't even want to try to think about LXP and PXP rewards, so just using gold as an example. They're now releasing only a tiny fraction of the amount of resources into the ecosystem via event rewards as they were before.

If they are going to move Royale to the weekend and we get to grind all weekend only to go from 2nd place to 37th place on Sunday night, the revolt seen from the Android issues over the past couple weeks will pale in comparison. LOL
    Im willing to give it a couple weeks for the brackets to truly sort themselves out.   If they work like Glu intends its just gonna take a little time
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    If they work like Glu intends its just gonna take a little time

I don't necessarily think they will keep the rebracketing in the middle of the event when/if it gets moved to the weekend. I hope not, at least.

But, I think as far as the amount of resources being released into the ecosystem, that part is working how they intended now, as-is.

They went from handing out 60k gold and hundreds of thousands of premium xp for 20 teams to get 1st place to handing out 5k gold and like 25k premium xp for only 1 team to get 1st place.

The whole divisional thing is just another resource squeeze. The agenda was never to improve anything for the players imo.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Not sure what you mean about the brackets. Is that something new this week ? There were multiple brackets last weekend (thank goodness). 
    edited October 2019
    @COWPILEY There seems to be one bracket for each division as far as I can tell. Or, at least, 2 or 3 at the very most. There used to be tons and tons of brackets. Before, you could start each day and hope for a decent bracket. That's not the case anymore. We are thrown in with the same 7 to 10 super clubs every day now.
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Not a single change in update can I think of for the benefit of the players outside of a bugfix. In fact I would go so far as to say what theyre doing is exploiting those users that are addicted to the point of spending thousands a week. They must have data that proves this change will be sustainable even during their expected player dropout period thats coming when the season ends. Grimy as hell. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    If they work like Glu intends its just gonna take a little time

The whole divisional thing is just another resource squeeze. The agenda was never to improve anything for the players imo.
    Just wait until you see the cool down period...

You're mostly correct though. The .01% will benefit. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

I have not even left my club for so much as to go spend leftover loyalty points, so that one won't effect me lol.

If you can't tell, I've been pretty sour the last few weeks haha. I try to stay positive and I do still love the game, but this season has been a big letdown for me. I got all excited about not having to use 48k gold to level a player in diamond, but with the resource squeeze this season you have to spend probably two to three times that amount of gold to level a player in diamond. It's just spent indirectly, buying the LXP boxes using gold instead.

I'm still playing and having fun, but I'm finding myself more worn out than anything these days. LOL
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    DFBB said:

I have not even left my club for so much as to go spend leftover loyalty points, so that one won't effect me lol.

If you can't tell, I've been pretty sour the last few weeks haha. I try to stay positive and I do still love the game, but this season has been a big letdown for me. I got all excited about not having to use 48k gold to level a player in diamond, but with the resource squeeze this season you have to spend probably two to three times that amount of gold to level a player in diamond. It's just spent indirectly, buying the LXP boxes using gold instead.

I'm still playing and having fun, but I'm finding myself more worn out than anything these days. LOL
    I cant disagree with anything you have said here.   Used to love to woh because it was more challenging and the excitement of the player box gave you something to shoot for now.  Now its all about how much time you have unless you want to spend your way through things.   Guaranteed player and in diamond you have to commit 5 plus hours on a monday if you want to level him.   I get the strategic element but months of the same thing just wears on you eventually.  

I also dont love that pulling 15K pxp from a mega pxp box is more exciting then pulling a legend.   I'd add 2k from an lxp box in there but it just makes me cringe to even type that, oops i failed.

edited October 2019
    @Mattattack Yes! Totally agree... I was trying to do the math yesterday after pulling Kiner and even with field pass 30% leveling discount and the extra 5% LXP that I get from my All Star level it would still take 198k gold spent on LXP boxes to go from Bronze 1 to Diamond 10. You can't even really grind to success like you could last year either, if you wanted to.

Last year we were getting 4 premium XP boxes per cycle plus the 3k lxp and pxp that was in levels 3 and 4 which if you hit the odds 50/50 is like 18k pxp and 13k lxp (includes level 3, 4 reward xp amounts). This enabled me to cycle 12-15 times Mon and Wed and rack up upwards of 500k pxp and 250k lxp per week just from cycling WOH. This season, the only premium xp you can get by grinding is on Monday via HOF (can net positive maybe 150k cycle capping).

It's like they say- you can't hate something you don't love LOL
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @Mattattack Yes! Totally agree... I was trying to do the math yesterday after pulling Kiner and even with field pass 30% leveling discount and the extra 5% LXP that I get from my All Star level it would still take 198k gold spent on LXP boxes to go from Bronze 1 to Diamond 10. You can't even really grind to success like you could last year either, if you wanted to.

Last year we were getting 4 premium XP boxes per cycle plus the 3k lxp and pxp that was in levels 3 and 4 which if you hit the odds 50/50 is like 18k pxp and 13k lxp (includes level 3, 4 reward xp amounts). This enabled me to cycle 12-15 times Mon and Wed and rack up upwards of 500k pxp and 250k lxp per week just from cycling WOH. This season, the only premium xp you can get by grinding is on Monday via HOF (can net positive maybe 150k cycle capping).

It's like they say- you can't hate something you don't love LOL
    Right and Monday WOH is 6 levels compared to 5 last year and even tho level 1 is pretty basic for most, just having those extra 10 rounds adds up over time.  And royale woh is just useless for most of players who play consistently.   Not many people have just an abundance of pxp laying around to cap the lowest rated prime that is currently out.   And with no pxp available there you need to spend alot of time for lots of cycles to break even there.   There's nothing else left other then its a lot less fun and more of chore this year.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’ve been playing this game since the end of June and I’ve started following these boards the last couple of months. Forgive me for not understanding this correctly, but how does knowing the multipliers (or not knowing) level the playing field? If someone could point me to a post that explains or give me an explanation it would be much appreciated.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    I’ve been playing this game since the end of June and I’ve started following these boards the last couple of months. Forgive me for not understanding this correctly, but how does knowing the multipliers (or not knowing) level the playing field? If someone could point me to a post that explains or give me an explanation it would be much appreciated.

For example if you knew that BGs were a 7x multiplier and everything else were a 1x multiplier you would focus your time on doing BGs to maximize your points and thus your club ranking. 

• criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    welcome new guy - on royale day, people have to choose which events to play. if you know which event has the highest multiplier, you typically want to concentrate on those events to score the highest you can for your club.

multipliers have typically been beneficial to bonus games and tournaments, which favor higher tiers (particularly diamond players who get credit for those wins to do a d6 cycle)

i, for one, do not compete on wednesdays in the traditional sense. just usually focus on woh and slugfest to build resources
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Ok that makes sense. Thanks for the replies.
  • bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    whynot said:
    Thanks for asking @bigvivec, my club took first in the royale and I have always supported making the playing field even.

Sorry, not sorry, that I did my part in taking away your advantage.  You seem a little salty bro, you on a droid?
    Point I was making is that for good clubs, the advantage is minimal.  Looking at the leaderboards it’s the same clubs at the top with or without the multipliers......the clubs who suffer as detailed in this thread are in the mid range.......members of such who were/are very vocal about fairness and leveling the playing field.  We won easier yesterday than we have in awhile because it’s a club full of beasts, not because of a leaked multiplier that all good clubs have known about for a long long time.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    bigvivec said:
    whynot said:
    Thanks for asking @bigvivec, my club took first in the royale and I have always supported making the playing field even.

Sorry, not sorry, that I did my part in taking away your advantage.  You seem a little salty bro, you on a droid?
    Point I was making is that for good clubs, the advantage is minimal.  Looking at the leaderboards it’s the same clubs at the top with or without the multipliers......the clubs who suffer as detailed in this thread are in the mid range.......members of such who were/are very vocal about fairness and leveling the playing field.  We won easier yesterday than we have in awhile because it’s a club full of beasts, not because of a leaked multiplier that all good clubs have known about for a long long time.  
    Your missing my point bud.  My club is a mid level club at best and I was complaining about the playing field not being leveled.  

😂😂😂😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Totally just wondering... what the heck is the point of the multiplier in the first place? No other day has any weird bonus multiplier like that so why do it on Wednesday, and presumably the weekend Royale should we see it? 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    Totally just wondering... what the heck is the point of the multiplier in the first place? No other day has any weird bonus multiplier like that so why do it on Wednesday, and presumably the weekend Royale should we see it? 
    I believe it was introduced to entice you to play all 5 modes and not focus on one. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    KSMETS said:
    I believe it was introduced to entice you to play all 5 modes and not focus on one. 
    If only all 5 modes were worth it. 
    Just no.