Tapjoy

lphilllphill Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Tapjoy banned me from offers but they won't answer why? Probably my ad id resetting. Anyone know about how long they may punish me? It's been about 3 weeks

Comments

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    It's just a guess... but probably until next year's version comes out. I've been exiled as well.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    How many times did you reset ad id? And how would tapjoy know. Doesn’t sound like they should be able to do that as people have legitimate reasons for resetting ad id. 
  • lphilllphill Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
     I'm not sure how many I did. Too many for sure. Tapjoy is shady. Actually getting gold on an offer is about a 50-50 at best. 
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I agree wholeheartedly. Sadly they state in their TOS that if you reset your Ad ID they can ban you.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I can't say that you'll have the same results, but many have had luck being reinstated after sending in an email and explaining the situation.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • EbiggzEbiggz Registered Users, Member 282 Posts
    I got warned by them a couple months ago. I haven't done an offer since then. Suddenly, after the recent update, I'm no longer eligible to do offers. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    ~UNAGI~
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    lphill said:
    Tapjoy banned me from offers but they won't answer why? Probably my ad id resetting. Anyone know about how long they may punish me? It's been about 3 weeks
    You will be  Banned forever.  I have been for 3 years.  However, I don’t care.  😁
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I have also been banned in the past.  Never really did many offers so I don’t know when it started, but I discovered it last year.  At the beginning of this summer I also discovered I was no longer banned, doubt that helps you much.

i am also sure I was banned for resetting I.d. as that was my only interaction with tapjoy.  I suggest you monitor it by accessing offers and watching the video offer.  If you get the gold then the ban has been lifted.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • KCCardKCCard Registered Users, Member 20 Posts
    I was warned and now banned but i never reset this year but I do flip the limit ad tracking daily to watch videos. Not a big deal as I have competed every offer of interest. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Unless you're somehow trying to get more gold from the same offers by resetting your Ad ID, you can't get banned.  For example, if you're just watching videos and resetting your Ad ID, you can't get banned because the Ad functionality comes from Google and is protected by their CTS and CDD which Glu and Tapjob have to adhere to in order to put the app on the Google PlayStore.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Ebiggz said:
    I got warned by them a couple months ago. I haven't done an offer since then. Suddenly, after the recent update, I'm no longer eligible to do offers. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
    I've never done an offer, but if their TOS require me to decline my right as a consumer to toggle on/off my ad tracker, they can take their offers and cram them up their LeMahieus. If I'm agreeing to negate my rights in something, I want something in exchange. The right to receive an offer that requires me to purchase something is not what I have in mind.  
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    My thoughts are (please correct me if I am wrong) doesn't tapjoy and Glu profit off how times we download an app and complete the offer? So wouldn't allowing us to redownload and completing multiple times mean more money in their coffer's? Now I could be wrong in all of this and that's why I am presenting this as a question. The only reason I'm asking is because when you reset your ad id number you get more ads therefore tapjoy profits and Glu profits. I would think it would be the same mentality for offers. All I get now is there are no offers available for you right now check back later. It's been like that for several weeks now. 
  • sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    I was banned just for resetting (I assume) only watched vids.  Never got a warning.