WOH 10.28.2019

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Been feast or famine for me so far. First time through I got Thigpen first try, then second time through needed 6 restarts. At that point I was pretty frustrated. Just went through 3rd time and the whole cycle took less than 30 minutes and got Thigpen on first try again. So things are looking up a bit... for now.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Thanks @JEDDDOGGY, you’ve given me light at the end of the tunnel with that post 😂
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Glad I've invested so much time and effort into compiling a gold team, 154k strength, Capped legends at all positions, skills minimum 12/12....in order to go from multicycling HOF to not being able to beat it all....wtf glu....way to reward your player base.
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I beat Thigpen with 430 Cabrera 12/12 and a 80 gold boost. I failed with a video boost. I’m guessing I got lucky and it’s not something I can replicate, but I’m going to give it a try. 
    COWPILEY said:
    What was Edmonds level and skills @JEDDDOGGY ? I was excited that I just about had enough LxP to level him up.  Very depressing.

D10 and skills 13/13 but I think I may have just had some bad beats there. He got through without a restart the other two cycles.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    D10, 20 20 here. For the most part not bad but still some sequences where its curve ball city. Shouldn't happen on a 20/20 guy this often.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    thigpen is definitely harder than previous weeks. edmonds is 2/5 for me at gold. skills at 14/13
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Haven't noticed a difficulty bump on HOF today.  470 max Konerko from a couple weeks ago with runners on/blowout skills took down Fergie without even an out being recorded.  Thigpen was tougher but still beat him on my first try with double RHP skill keeper Hosmer, walking it off 7-6 with 2 out.  
    Well Edmonds has also lost once on 1.10 and he just lost twice in a row to Lugo on 2.10, so rough day so far for sure.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    What was Edmonds level and skills @JEDDDOGGY ? I was excited that I just about had enough LxP to level him up.  Very depressing.

I'm at gold, but Edmonds with skills at 13 and pennants at 55/60 has done fine.  2/4 so far against Thigpen, just the video restart both times along with a 40g boost to be safe.
  • WaveburnerWaveburner Registered Users, Member 290 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Well Edmonds has also lost once on 1.10 and he just lost twice in a row to Lugo on 2.10, so rough day so far for sure.
    I feel a little better then lol. Last week I cycled 4 times in limited time but one of those cycles I lost twice in a row to Lugo as well. Went 4/4 on 6.10 and only bothered video boosting on 2 of those tries, also with Edmonds.

Stupid Lugo.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Hmm. Thanks for the Edmonds updates 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Glad I've invested so much time and effort into compiling a gold team, 154k strength, Capped legends at all positions, skills minimum 12/12....in order to go from multicycling HOF to not being able to beat it all....wtf glu....way to reward your player base.

Oh cool.  Who invited the Good News Bear?
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    End of the line for Meadows. Skills at 16/16. No great matchup. 

• bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Moping over. Finally broke thru. Guess eating a turkey wrap was the key...or maybe bumping Buckner's skills a notch did it. Whatever. Onward to scoring points finally....
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Beat HOF first try using Ichiro (16-16) for the last three guys with 80 boost. 
  • CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Silver team - got through using my new best friend Eddie Mathews at 6.9 and 6.10.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@CalYente...I got Eddie Mathews this weekend too and blew a load boosting him. Using him on 6.10. Matchup favorability is almost double, without the scoring skill on yet.

Twice I have gotten to 6-5, men on second and third with no outs, and twice I saw nine straight curves.  Hit a couple deep to the OF hoping to at least tie it, but nope. One on the warning track didn't even send the run home.

I know I will beat it today at some point.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Mathews doesn't start 6.10 double boosted, I would not recommend using him on 6.10 unless the situation had changed with runners on but I don't think so.

No, he doesn't start double boosted, but I have his skills high, so the matchup favorability is there when you start, so I've been getting straight pitches. No problem getting guys on and scoring at will until I am within one run. LOL

Then the frickery kicks in.

I'm gonna beat it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Guess my decision to stop at one vs Thigpen was a good one reading the accounts here (D10 Meadows at 14/14).  Beat Fergie with a D10 Arraez at 16/13.

No, he doesn't start double boosted, but I have his skills high, so the matchup favorability is there when you start, so I've been getting straight pitches. No problem getting guys on and scoring at will until I am within one run. LOL

Then the frickery kicks in.

I'm gonna beat it.

See that's the thing you are trying to read into how the inning progresses as meaningful. I really don't think it is. Everything is scripted from the start of the match. You were always going to get curved/unhittable pictched out, the fact that you got to within X number of runs is just what the script decided to do that time.

All you can in walk off to help yourself is use hitters with double active skills at the start of the round, take those skills as high as possible (12/12 is pretty much the minimum now IMO) and hit the ball the other way. 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I made it through first try more difficult getting there than beating 6-10 today. 

I'll switch it up this time then. I know the rating and I have Kruk high enough to start the round with a favorable matchup there too. Skills are over 15 each.

I hit the other way in WoH. Matthews hit three homers in a row the other way earlier. LOL

I just switched it up. Putt Matt at 9 and Kruk at 10 with a boost. Kruk wasn't krukked.

Now I'm going beat it again.

Sorry I beat this shit to death on this board. I have the math needed figured.

• CalYenteCalYente Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I agree that Matthews is not ideal at 6.10 since he doesn't start with both skills active, but he did the job for me. I boosted his vs RHP skill higher than his Runners on Base skill. Good luck @drsmartassphd.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    is classic lvl 5 the same as the chart in the sticky thread?
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Think so
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    Cycle caaaaaaap. 
  • MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    This week wasn’t THAT much worse then last week. Spent 13k In boosts and reset to cycle cap compared to 10k last week, tbh the difference was the first two cycles as I was fine tuning my matchups . With the extra lefty ended up reusing my 430 double rhp bellinger that is 17/17 on both 6.9 and 6.10. Only took an extra 40 gold a cycle to use him twice . Meadows wasn’t getting 6.9 done, mostly because he was only 12/12 and I wasn’t using lxp on his skills when he will regress next week .

man I really hope there is a lefty next week in HOF.

it can be a little stressful trying to make sure you get your cap in after blowing 180 k lxp at 1245 in the afternoon