Options

WOH 10.28.2019

Comments

• Options
    whammo911whammo911 Registered Users, Member 963 Posts
    Boog Powell was a monster for me...only lost once. started with no lxp from leveling guys over the weekend and was able to cap bell and get another player through 5 levels of platinum while only spending on the 80g boost on 6-10
  • Options
    ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Today was just ridiculous...
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
  • Options
    bigvivecbigvivec Registered Users, Member 2,133 Posts
    Good times.....800 gold out....for me was easier than last week..... 🤷‍♂️ 

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Edmonds was still very great for me today.   Went I think 16/17 on 6.10
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    @MoenPDC 13k gold is a lot. Were you slow playing for points as well as the cycle cap? I am so stingy with giving up gold in WoH. Always feels like theft if I don't beat the round. That said, I only needed it on 6.9 and 6.10 and none for restarts. Mathews somehow lost to Fergie once but Meadows was 5/5 against Thigpen with that 80g. Wish I had more time to get another 5-12 in. Huge difference after investing heavily in skills last week (Mathews capped, 6 other bats at 16/16).
  • Options
    MoenPDCMoenPDC Registered Users, Member 615 Posts
    @dustyhunks I was working all day yesterday . Gold is a joke to get compared to lxp and a capped legend , when you can d6 cycle. So I played it safe since I couldn’t afford any restarts on a level. So I gold boosted 4.10 / 5.10 / 6.8 / 6.9 / 6.10. Had to use 40 a cycle to reuse bellinger twice . Maybe it was a little less. Also if I lost a round and didn’t have my video restart I just gold restarted. 

If I had extra time and wasn’t working I most likely would not have been that aggressive , I worked 10 hours and had to drive home and had three meeting, so time was way more important then some gold. I tend to get a cycle in a day, on weekends sometimes two 
  • Options
    Also I just went diamond two weeks ago so my team isn’t LOL yet where it’s a joke to cycle. Still very doable . I’ll post what I cycled with yesterday
  • Options

• Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

So I beat it twice yesterday. Like others said, I found 6.7-6.8 the most difficult. 6.10 was beatable as long as I didn't get curved out, but that happened too many times to count. I would score runs in bunches, then BAM - 9 straight out of nowhere. Matchup favorability was more than enough. I wanted to beat it a third time to cap Bell in Silver, but it just wouldn't allow it. LOL.  I get it, I know I am not going to win every time, and that's fine. Pulling within one run and seeing nine straight curves in the last round is just brutal, however.

Also, I had to stop playing for about an hour or so from 8ish until 930CST as the HoF Level 6 just became impossible in every round. I couldn't sim past level 5 with the same matchups that were beating them all day. I have a 450 legend or higher for rounds 6.1-6.4. 470 and above for 6.5-6.10. Matchup favorability for rounds 6.1-6.4 are nearly triple.  6.5-6.7 are more than double. Didn't matter. I usually sim through 4, then play 5-10. Only once in that hour was I able to sim to 5, and when I played five, I would just see nine curves. Nothing else.

So I thought, "maybe if I start playing at 6.1, it will be smoother". Nope. Started 6.1 with Rizzuto at 12/12 skills: nine straight curves. LOL. Yes, 6.1, NINE straight curves on three tries. Didn't even swing.

Someone hit the impossible switch.

I put the game down and when I picked it up again about 930, I was able to play to Verlander. Using the same matchup I was beating Verlander with about 80% of the time, I would again just see nine curves.  That was it.  Batter up, nine curves, round over. LOL.  So stupid. I just quit at that point. I had a lot of fun earlier in the day, so just left it with happy thoughts.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    @drsmartassphd for the amount of time you play this game it blows my mind why your still silver . 
  • Options
    Well I made the mistake of pulling Matthews this weekend, so that fricked up my plan on stashing LXP for a week to move to gold. Still planning on making the move. I'm also collecting 435 Prime and above Lefties at key positions for when I make the move. Also got a few solid 360 lefties with WoH skills. I have well over 180K PXP stored now.  Need to get my LXP up again, but getting Matthews helped me beat WoH HoF this week! Matthews was awesome in 6.10, if I got there.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    To put it in perspective , 13kgold will net you like 80k lxp with mega boxes most likely.  That’s waaaaaaay less then just one cycle worth of value from d9 to d10 and then 20k from repull/reward
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Well I made the mistake of pulling Matthews this weekend, so that fricked up my plan on stashing LXP for a week to move to gold. 

I’ll be honest with you, you will always be pulling a new player than messes up your plan. Always. 
  • Options

I didn't buy boxes for weeks waiting on a high rated lefty with WoH Skills. I had to. Couldn't help myself.

Had I gotten Boog too, it would have been on.

• Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    MoenPDC said:
    To put it in perspective , 13kgold will net you like 80k lxp with mega boxes most likely.  That’s waaaaaaay less then just one cycle worth of value from d9 to d10 and then 20k from repull/reward
    I think what dusty was trying to say is that 13K gold is more than you probably needed to spend, not that it was a bad investment. 
  • Options
    Metsicans said:
    MoenPDC said:
    I think what dusty was trying to say is that 13K gold is more than you probably needed to spend, not that it was a bad investment. 

True. I finished with 2 hours to spare and was able to relax and get one more cycle in for 20k lxp . When you drop 180k lxp at 1245 though and have meetings lined up all day and no idea what the rest of the day could bring.....I wasn't taking any chances
  • Options
    @MoenPDC Yeah been there. Nice to have that at least last hour to relax and play through at whatever pace you want for points or whatever. I've sacrificed a little more lxp with a d2 or d3 bump at the beginning if I know it will be close. Just how I feel about having that coin at the ready since it can be spread across any resource in-game.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    Yesterday was my worst HOF day ever. Not going to say worst WOH day in general ever, because there were a few last year that definitely topped it.

Here's a recap:

First cycle went okay other than I lost at 5.10 which literally never happens. Second cycle was fine until I got to 6.10 and Edmonds (capped, skills 13/13) proceeded to lose 6 times before I got through. Then the very next time through I lost on 1.10 and then lost on 2.10 to Lugo twice in a row, and I'm not paying gold to restart on level 2 so it took me a while to get through.

Edmonds was nothing short of terrible all day, and made me regret spending all that LXP to cap him. After I got enough cycles to bump Boog up above Edmonds, I started using him as my closer instead. Edmonds now moved down in the pecking order below 520 Boog, 520 Mathews, 490 Morgan could not even win his autoplays consistently. Terrible.

At some point in the late afternoon "autoplay hell" was enabled and I spent about 30 minutes just trying to autoplay 6.1 through 6.5 and had been autoplaying 6.1 to 6.7 all day with only occasional hiccups. I churned through about 400k blue cash by the time it let me beat 6.5 with autoplay. (I'm stubborn)

Into the evening things felt a little better with Boog on 6.10 instead of Edmonds but don't recall it ever being such a chore to get there. Particularly 4.10 and 5.10 gave me a lot of trouble, which is never usually the case. The cherry on top of my evening was sitting there at 5.1 with 22 minutes left thinking it will be a piece of cake to get this last cycle in. Wrong.

I lost on 5.10 twice, and stubbornly did not pay the 360 gold to restart both times. Got there a third time, lost, looked at the clock, then said **** it and ponied up the 360 for the restart. On to level 6. Couldn't autoplay past 6.5 (this was pretty much the case after about 4 or 5 pm) so had to manually play 6.5, 6.6 and 6.7 and lost to whoever is on 6.8 (Cole?) so had to restart there for 420 gold with very little time remaining. Passed 6.9 with no problems and then had 6 minutes left to beat 6.10, fired up Boog with an 80 boost. Lost. Restarted. Lost again. Restarted. Lost a third time. Restarted. Time expired. Went to restart again, took my 480 gold for the 4th time but clicked the 80 gold for the boost again and, boom, game crashes. So spent about 3k gold in the last 20 minutes to get another 20k LXP only for the game to crash and lose everything.

Tomorrow's a new day.
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    I capped my first legend yesterday!  but it was incredibly stressful.  My lineup is largely D8-D10 prime hitters, none of which have an overall rating higher than 430.  So I was in the unenviable position of having last week's Royale reward Cabrera at D10 and skills at 16/16, as my closer (not recommended).  I'd been saving LxP all year to make a HoF cycle cap run and on my first cycle I breezed through with only one video restart and gold boosts at 6-9 and 6-10.  So I blew ALL of my LxP to get Belle up to D1 and planned on cycle capping.  I also called in to work sick (clearly I'm mentally ill) to give me the time to cycle.  Cabrera ultimately proved to only be successful against Thigpen maybe 1 out of every 5 rounds, so I did a LOT of gold restarts, to the tune of 30K, yes 30K.  Ultimately it was worth it, as I got a D10 legend out of it and made back most of my LxP, but I can't tell you how stressful it is knowing that you are blowing huge resources on a very unfavorable matchup.  Here's hoping that next week brings us a 500 rated lefty with good WoH skills!   
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Hate to say it @JEDDDOGGY but you know what your issue my friend. You gotta take those closers to 20/20 to make it easier and less stressful. I was using edmounds at 6-10 all day and for the most part it was a cake walk. He did have a few bad cycles but overall pretty good at 20/20.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I would be screwed at Diamond without my keepers.  Mantle at D10 and 535 max Hosmer at D10 is the only reason I can relatively consistently cycle HOF.  If next week's legend is remotely useful against RHP I'm cycle capping.  
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY I feel for you man. The app crashing, especially given the circumstances, I'm surprised that your phone didn't get in an 'accident.' That said, 20/20 absolutely owns. The game simply isn't adjusted for them. @Mattattack(Edmonds) lost once all day at 6.10 and my Edmonds only lost twice all day there(we're both 20/20). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    From a gold guy, I was using Edmonds at 14/13 as my closer with an 80g boost, went about 50% on clearing 6.10. Definitely was harder, spent around 6k in gold to cycle cap. Have been getting away with using 3-5k in gold on cycle capping the past few weeks.

I actually had more issues with Fergie at 6.9, but that was as a result of me not 80g boosting every time.

@JEDDDOGGY i'm actually surprised you guys in diamond don't have any RNG hell in autoplaying, this seems to be the case for me every week in a cycle or two that takes almost twice as long because of autoplaying RNG hell. This week actually was a lot easier from an autoplay perspective for me though, but I guess that's because a lot of my team has gotten past the 450 legend benchmark
  • Options
    Btw, Eddie freaking Mathews(20/20) gave Fergie the business... and kept the change. 40g and rarely made an out all day. Zero Ls. 
  • Options
    eman0023eman0023 Registered Users, Member 156 Posts
    I capped my first legend yesterday!  but it was incredibly stressful.  My lineup is largely D8-D10 prime hitters, none of which have an overall rating higher than 430.  So I was in the unenviable position of having last week's Royale reward Cabrera at D10 and skills at 16/16, as my closer (not recommended).  I'd been saving LxP all year to make a HoF cycle cap run and on my first cycle I breezed through with only one video restart and gold boosts at 6-9 and 6-10.  So I blew ALL of my LxP to get Belle up to D1 and planned on cycle capping.  I also called in to work sick (clearly I'm mentally ill) to give me the time to cycle.  Cabrera ultimately proved to only be successful against Thigpen maybe 1 out of every 5 rounds, so I did a LOT of gold restarts, to the tune of 30K, yes 30K.  Ultimately it was worth it, as I got a D10 legend out of it and made back most of my LxP, but I can't tell you how stressful it is knowing that you are blowing huge resources on a very unfavorable matchup.  Here's hoping that next week brings us a 500 rated lefty with good WoH skills!   

@SandlotGuru  Congrats on your first Legend cycle cap!  Do you mind posting your team or dm me?  I'm in a similar position as you.  I finally got enough LXP to try cap a Legend over this past weekend.  I got lots of primes ranging from D5-D10 (420 max) with skills from 8/8 to 15/15, no legends.  I needed to play a lot of manual rounds on level 6, and the middle rounds (6.4-6.7) took me forever to finally get through.  I heard it was going to get tougher yesterday so I didn't commit to trying to cycle cap yesterday.  I'm hoping to get a 430 prime or two capped by next Monday to try and cycle cap a Legend. 
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Yesterdays WOH/HOF was a mixed bag for me.
    Initially it started with frustration and anger. Couldn't get past Cole, Fergie, or Thigpen on the first few tries. At about noon I was ready to say f-it for the day. So - I took a break, grabbed some lunch and went back at it. At that point I looked at our club event rank and noticed we were at #10 (in minors) even though we only had like 15 million points as a club. I was like - whoa - nobody's beating this thing today. So - I went back to it. Next pass at level 6 I still struggled but got thru using Rice vs. Cole, Mathews vs. Fergie, and Buckner vs. Thigpen. Buckner had more success after I bumped his skills up a notch.
    Anyways once I got thru and grabbed Belle - I was able to put points on the board. Our club quickly moved up the leaderboard. Subsequent cycles got easier throughout the day....and other than an 80 gold boost at 6.10 things were carefree. 
    For whatever reason the club that was #1 in the event rankings stopped scoring/playing....and by my 4th cycle we had passed them and opened up a nice lead in our bracket.
    In short - the day went from sucky/frustrating - to being our club's first #1 in an event. And even though we're only in the Minors bracket - I must say 1st place rewards are very gratifying.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    dkarski87 said:
    Hate to say it @JEDDDOGGY but you know what your issue my friend. You gotta take those closers to 20/20 to make it easier and less stressful. I was using edmounds at 6-10 all day and for the most part it was a cake walk. He did have a few bad cycles but overall pretty good at 20/20.
    Even my Rizzo and Arreaz from Royale WoH a couple weeks back at 16/16 were killing 6.6 and 6.7 autoplaying. Don't even recall losing once last night. Certainly didn't lose anywhere else. HoF has become classic-ish for me, autoplay through dot 9's up to level 6 and even then it wasn't as difficult as it had been previously since skill upgrades.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @JEDDDOGGY I feel for you man. The app crashing, especially given the circumstances, I'm surprised that your phone didn't get in an 'accident.' That said, 20/20 absolutely owns. The game simply isn't adjusted for them. @Mattattack(Edmonds) lost once all day at 6.10 and my Edmonds only lost twice all day there(we're both 20/20). 
    Agreed.   To piggyback this, I used signature Freeman who's only a 435, but he's 20/20 on 6.9 and didnt lose their all day with the 80 boost.   I also have Eddie 20/20 but he's only D9.   Was able to easily handle 6.8 without a boost tho.  My only real issue was i was used to being able to sim 6.6 and that was alot less consistent yesterday but everything else was fine.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited October 2019
    @DFBB @Mattattack Yeah, definitely! I just have trouble using LXP or Gold for skills at this point. I guess if you do the math, the 18k gold to level skills is equal to about 38 restarts on 6.10 so not sure its worth it unless I'm going to be using the same closer for more than 2-3 weeks. Then I think about all that LXP too and yeah... I don't know. I think I restarted 6.10 maybe 15 or so times total all day. The majority of those being Edmonds before I bumped Powell ahead of him.  I could maybe fit one more cycle if I had, lets say, 10 of those restarts back, but really I should've just bumped Powell up sooner.
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    @DFBB @Mattattack Yeah, definitely! I just have trouble using LXP or Gold for skills at this point. I guess if you do the math, the 18k gold....
    The discount though! :smile: